What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023-2028 next tv deal discussion

the reality for the fumbles & giggles for 2023/24 is this as best I can make out

STV payments
no real increase , not my words .. Foxtels !!
so around 220 million pa.
They clearly stated their $$ has only increased from the covid amount paid presently up to the old amount pre covid in the 2017-2022 deal.

Ch 7
147 mill a year
7 signed through to the end of 2024 with no increase from their original amount

Telstra
it was reported their new deal is 12 million pa for some replays & website involvement. They no longer have live streaming rights & thats the only reason they paid 50 million a year.

hmmmm
Thats 379 Million a year
Bit of a gap there to 473 mill hey 😎

Last edited:

colly

Juniors
the reality for the fumbles & giggles for 2023/24 is this as best I can make out

STV payments
They clearly stated their $$ has only increased from the covid amount paid presently up to the old amount pre covid in the 2017-2022 deal.

Ch 7
147 mill a year

Telstra
it was reported their new deal is 12 million pa for some replays & website involvement. They no longer have live streaming rights & thats the only reason they paid 50 million a year.

hmmmm
Thats 379 Million a year
And all the more, we as stated by Vlandy we get from 2023 onwards OVER $400 million per year. Oh year Baby!
We Won ! As it should be. Put that in your pipe ( Perth Red) and smoke it. NRL Number One.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Sorry ,
$200m all up for telstra,(digital and naming rights),

shouldn't of been too hard to work out.

And the 2018 deal was pointed out also.
Unfortunately some people have there own version of history and will stick with that no matter how wrong they are.

Wookie wrote it down at the time, I suggest you check out his website .
They didn’t pay $200mill to nrl! They paid $90mill naming and other bits over 6 years to nrl and the rest to fox for simucast rights.

Perth Red

Post Whore
T

STV payments

Ch 7
147 mill a year

Telstra

hmmmm
Thats 379 Million a year
“The best you can make out”, or the actual afl CEOs on record statement. Hmmm lets see. :) if the afl ceo,has lied to the tune of $100mill a year he won’t have a job lol

telstra it has been pointed out to you numerous times that they get the revenue from afls digital platforms which is where bulk of money is in the deal. Any media article link that they are paying just $12mill?

seven the announcement said an aVg of $146mill over the 5 years but that there was $87mill reduction in 20-22 suggesting the actual amount for 23&24 will be well over that avg amount. Ie $190mill for 23&24

so if you have telstra at around $50mill, seven at $190mill and fox at around $220mill (plus whatever a “slight“ increase means) you are getting towards the offical announced figure. But hey you won’t want to believe it so I’ve probably just wasted my time lol.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
I
And all the more, we as stated by Vlandy we get from 2023 onwards OVER $400 million per year. Oh year Baby!
We Won ! As it should be. Put that in your pipe ( Perth Red) and smoke it. NRL Number One.
It seems you are smoking something!

$400 to$473 mill is not a win, especially if you compare oranges and oranges and look at what the two Australian partners are paying afl is getting $115mill a year more from its fta and ptv Australian deals than us!!

$20mill a year increase is not a great outcome when you consider what the the last two tv deals achieved in growth and that they are getting more content

$8mill a year increase from the two Australian tv partners is a sht deal, especially as they are getting expansion in brisbane

damaging potential digital revenue by agreeing to close down nrl media is not a great outcome

hiding away the real amount of revenue from media to the games stakeholders is not a good outcome

losing mid season internationals is not a good outcome

only good outcome was skynz, thank goodness for some competitive tension for a change.

But keep smoking baselines and Vlands puppets weed if it makes the world a better place for you :)

Last edited:

tri_colours

Juniors
They didn’t pay $200mill to nrl! They paid $90mill naming and other bits over 6 years to nrl and the rest to fox for simucast rights.
Not in 2018 they did'nt!

Just type in NRL 2018 broadcast contract. should be the first thing that comes up

Last edited:
T

“The best you can make out”, or the actual afl CEOs on record statement. Hmmm lets see. :) if the afl ceo,has lied to the tune of $100mill a year he won’t have a job lol

telstra it has been pointed out to you numerous times that they get the revenue from afls digital platforms which is where bulk of money is in the deal. Any media article link that they are paying just $12mill?

seven the announcement said an aVg of $146mill over the 5 years but that there was $87mill reduction in 20-22 suggesting the actual amount for 23&24 will be well over that avg amount. Ie $190mill for 23&24

so if you have telstra at around $50mill, seven at $190mill and fox at around $220mill (plus whatever a “slight“ increase means) you are getting towards the offical announced figure. But hey you won’t want to believe it so I’ve probably just wasted my time lol.
link to 7's 190 million per annum in 23/24?
I'll tell you now , you won't find one ... You have been banging on about PVL not releasing figures , but the new FTA deal between Ch 7 & the AFL for 2023/24 has " not been made public "
Gee I wonder why ? ... hmmm.. a pissy insignificant increase perhaps ...I'll tell you now if it was a 33% increase like you're claiming you wouldn't be able to shut the AFL up about it lol
but... i'll now allow you to flame on Gil the Dill the same way you have PVL for keeping figures secret .

telstra paid 50 million a year in 2017 for exlusive streaming rights
they no longer have them , they aint paying anything like that now
the link to what they are paying is in the same article about the NRL's 90 million 6 year naming rights deal.

as it stands now in the real world ... & not PR's AFL loving gaga land

ATM we are about on par
in 2023 we go ahead by about 20 million PA ( well for 2 years at least til they sign a new deal )

yaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy

interesting line in this article about the new FTA deal for the AFL for 2023/24

Ch7 has got the jump on the AFL by announcing a new CUT PRICE tv rights deal extension

190 mill a season PR?
hahahaha

yea
nah 😎

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ok Im Done trying to explain things to you, believe what you want, we’ll see in feb 2024 when the annual reports come out and you can then see what the true vlaue of both deals are, or at least you’ll see the afl one as the nrl has buried our accountability.

As it’s stands the official announcements from both codes are $473mill per year for 2 years for afl v’s “over” $400million per year For 5 years For nrl.

anything else is pure speculation.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Anyway back to why the Australian nrl tv deal is so much lower Than afls. I know they have an extra game, though we’ve closed that a bit with dolohins coming in, they have more ads but we have origin and bigger audiences most of time, especially on fox, so why do we struggle so much to close the gap in Australian value? Is it our lack of metro reach nationally? Is it our poor negotiation skills? Is it something else?

according to official announcements the gap between Australian elements of deals from 2023 will be around $115 million a year. That is massive Between the codes.

explain what ??
all you do is put up rubbish theories that are easily disproved
All you should be done with is stop making yourself look like a fumbleball loving apologist idiot who also has NFI how the AFL will get to 473 mill in 2023/24

Anyway back to why the Australian nrl tv deal is so much lower Than afls. I know they have an extra game, though we’ve closed that a bit with dolohins coming in, they have more ads but we have origin and bigger audiences most of time, especially on fox, so why do we struggle so much to close the gap in Australian value? Is it our lack of metro reach nationally? Is it our poor negotiation skills? Is it something else?

according to official announcements the gap between Australian elements of deals from 2023 will be around $115 million a year. That is massive Between the codes.
except our deal isn't lower dummy 🤣🤣🤣

anyway , back to why our deal is bigger then the AFL's like it should be for seasons 2023/24
17 million more veiwers this season
the numb 1 sport in the nations largest & 3rd largest markets & numb 1 in 7 of the top 10 biggest markets . Advertisers know where the fish are
We destroy the victorian game on STV
more to offer then the same old club games year after year , with Origin , PI tests , world cups ... & other games

Yep
PVL has woven his magic again while Gil the Dill is telling fairy tales hahahaha

tri_colours

Juniors

Using the figures you used a couple of posts back you claimed 70m. and now, in your post your saying 115m?

CH 7 show 3 to 4 games out of Melb each week, 5-6 games out of Perth and 5 games out of Adelaide.

AFL has 30m worth of breaks on fox. Half of that would go into advertising or promoting sponsors.

Downplay it all you like but Advertising is a key factor.

Last edited:
“allegedly” $400 mill to $473mill. keep drinking the vlad kool aid boys.

sky nz outstanding result
fta deal sht
fox deal looks ok but depends on the impact on digital revenue the concessions to them make

in reality if you take out the fox $100mill expansion money the tv deal overall is pretty much the same as 2018 which is concerning not to see any base growth. Especially as afl are claiming growth with no new offering, and people are predicting in two years when they are up for sale again they will likely get even more.
The AwFuL FTA deal is worth more because it provides better content to Ch7. They don't just broadcast the same three games across the country. In Brisbane we get all Lions and Suns games live on 7Mate. Adelaide gets all Crows and Power games on 7Mate. Perth gets all Eagles and Dockers games live on 7Mate. Sydney gets all Swans and Giants games on 7Mate. That helps Ch7 draw higher ratings as they're not stuck with showing 2 or 3 Melbourne vs Melbourne games into every market. The downside is it reduces the value of the PTV rights as Foxtel isn't getting exclusive access to games involving teams from outside of Melbourne.

Ch9 is stuck with 3 games that are shown across the country. Two of them are usually between Sydney teams. It doesn't maximise ratings in Brisbane and Melbourne.

PVL and Abdo should go to Murdoch and say, "Listen up motherf**ker, but if we put teams in Adelaide and Perth, with the bulk of their matches shown exclusively on Fox League, then you're giving sports lovers a good reason to choose Kayo over Kerry Stokes' 7Mate AwFuL coverage. You promote the shit out of it in your publications, billing it as the only place for Western Australians and South Australians to see the Eagles, Dockers, Pirates, Wildcats, Scorchers, Crows, Power, 36ers and Strikers live and ad free. You will get more subscribers to your ailing business. f**k Ch9 for the shit they said in 2020."

Using the figures you used a couple of posts back you claimed 70m. and now, in your post your saying 115m?

CH 7 show 3 to 4 games out of Melb each week, 5-6 games out of Perth and 5 games out of Adelaide.

AFL has 30m worth of breaks on fox. Half of that would go into advertising or promoting sponsors.

Downplay it all you like but Advertising is a key factor.
theres no detail at all in the AFL's claim of 473 million pa from 2023 so how can the idiot come to any figure let alone a gap of 115 million

no amount from the AFL on what foxtel are paying
or 7
or telstra

he lamblasted PVL for being secretive about our media rights deal , yet here is Gil the Dill telling us nothing except the total amount , not one bit of a breakdown to see where the increase is coming from but ...

not a word of criticism for Gil from the forums village clown
how surprising
PR's bias is comical , utterly hilarious

tri_colours

Juniors
Even if you believe the AFLs $473mil, there's more to it then the $ value of the deal. Fairyball payout about $100mil more pa to their clubs for a start.
According To Gil himself , the AFL will be in the Red for the next 4 years at least. So whatever there revenue is there expenses are more.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Even if you believe the AFLs $473mil, there's more to it then the $ value of the deal. Fairyball payout about $100mil more pa to their clubs for a start.
They also generate a lot more revenue, $250mill a year pre covid more than us. They can afford to pay some of their clubs more,

Last edited:

Latest posts