What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023-2028 next tv deal discussion

You got a crystal ball that shows what’s happening from 2023 -2027? Funny how other major sports have upped their rights.

He signed a deal at the shttest time and it’s cost us $100million according to you! f**k me the vlad love in knows no bounds with you and tri colours!
Do you work for news ltd?
which " Australian " sports have signed an increased deal other then the NRL moron ? 😎

It is the first time since 1971 that the AFL has signed a reduced broadcast agreement.
New Year Smiling GIF

Perth Red

Post Whore
hahaha
keep being the village idiot , it suits you

220 mill pa without expansion
240 mill pa with it

PVL
a genius 😎
Signed an extension deal worth $100mill less than 2018, yep pure genius!
thanks for pointing out this outrageous situation, well done on uncovering Vlandys failure.

Perth Red

Post Whore
which " Australian " sports have signed an increased deal other then the NRL moron ? 😎
You know you’ve lost the argument when you continually resort to insults.

happy to go to and debate the merits of other codes deals in the fight club if you want to start at thread there where it belongs.
Let’s stick to the nrl deal here shall we?

simple fact, which you have done well in uncovering, is Vlandys is the first leader since SL war to sign a lower tv deal with fox.
I can only imagine the crucifixion you’d be giving grant or Greenberg if either of them had signed a deal with news ltd for $100million less than the previous one!!! Then had the cheek to rich expansion in to cover the fact.

You know you’ve lost the argument when you continually resort to insults.

happy to go to and debate the merits of other codes deals in the fight club if you want to start at thread there where it belongs.
Let’s stick to the nrl deal here shall we?

simple fact, which you have done well in uncovering, is Vlandys is the first leader since SL war to sign a lower tv deal with fox.
I can only imagine the crucifixion you’d be giving grant or Greenberg if either of them had signed a deal with news ltd for $100million less than the previous one!!! Then had the cheek to rich expansion in to cover the fact.
something about a shoe fitting

&
you're being pasted here 😎
answer the question , which sports in Australia have signed increased deals since covid hit

Does PR understand what a confidentiality agreement is .
He keeps accusing PVL of" BURYING " the deal $$$.lol yet somehow PR knows What it is.
Lol lol lol .
When you work out what that agreement means then you might ease up on the PVL hate . But I doubt it .

Does PR understand what a confidentiality agreement is .
He keeps accusing PVL of" BURYING " the deal $$$.lol yet somehow PR knows What it is.
Lol lol lol .
When you work out what that agreement means then you might ease up on the PVL hate . But I doubt it .
Its like he doesn't acknowledge covid at all , making out like Vlandys signed a reduced deal with foxtel in 2020 because he's a poor negotiator & theres nothing else to it.

His favourite sport got screwed too & are yet to recoup anything they lost , but conveniently just ignores that fact & continues his dribbling rant

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Hang on PR. Weren't you adamant, despite being shown over and over again, that nine paid $925mil last deal?

By your own logic that would of put fox at less than $180mil pa. Meaning Slippery Pete scored more then $60mil pa increase from them.

Perth Red

Post Whore
bury your heads all you like but what it looks Like from 2023 is:

nine is paying $130mill ($15mill of which is contra)
sky nz is paying $32.8mill
fox is paying $240mill

Vlandys signed a deal with fox in 2020 for 2023-2027 which was $100mill less than the fox deal signed for 18-22.
(again thanks baselinepanther for bringing this terrible decision by Vlandys to light)

the $100mill they are paying for expansion only brings them back up to the same as the last deal.

At least $50mill of the $100 mill overall increase is contra not cash.

best case scenario we are now facing is that expansion is going to cost the nrl $75million whilst the new tv deal,is only bringing in at most $50million

skynz part of the deal aside the rest is a very poor outcome for the game. Great job Vlandys!

The phins saved Vlandys, was going to say could you imagine the uproar if it got out he had signed us up to a 5 year deal with fox $20mill a year lower than the last one?, but then news ltd media are hardly going to criticise him are they? And I’m not talking 20 &21 covid effected years which understandbly all codes got hit for, I’m talking in 3 years time after he signed up, 2023-2027!

I mean smith got sacked for getting us a record fta deal, vlandys signed a ptv deal for $100mill less, effectively making expansion worthless as it just got us back to where we where 5 years previously with 16 teams!

We were all wondering why expansion was so rushed, now we know it was to save some serious embarrassment if the news of the deal got out.

vlandys rush to sign an extension when he didnt need to has cost us at least $100million!!!!

but you keep drinking the vlad koolaid boys
If the previous deal was $400m and was bumped down to $380m, prior to expansion, then that's a reduction of 5%. That's not too bad considering ratings were down and COVID-19 disrupted the economy.

A-League went from $51m to $40m, which is a 22% reduction and are now stuck on a third-rate streaming service that few people are interested in buying.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
23 onwards, whilst Vlandys agreed to a hundred million dollar reduction from fox, afl managed to get fox to agree to a slight increase in their deal. Go figure.
But that can't be right. If fox were paying that much before, the last deal would have been over $2bil. You know, cause of nine paying $925mil...

C'mon old mate I just want to see if you can admit you were wrong.

23 onwards, whilst Vlandys agreed to a hundred million dollar reduction from fox, afl managed to get fox to agree to a slight increase in their deal. Go figure.
If that's true then I'm livid, as Foxtel gets more exclusive matches from us than AwFuL.

I can't wait until Murdoch does us all a favour and joins Hitler in hell.

Idris 84

Juniors
I have no idea who's right on this, the only thing I will say is the constant positive media from news ltd. re. PV has always made me suspicious of what's going on behind the scenes. It's almost like he is their man the way they carry on.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
It has to do with gambling. Do a little research with what is happening in sport in the USA regards gambling also with the direction News Ltd is headed ie. ditching newspapers and moving into sports betting.

There was an article in the Australian media sometime ago, V'landys was asked for quotes but refused.

When this all comes to light it will be interesting. There is no doubt Abdo, V'landys and Lachlan Murdoch are all on the same page with this. Thus the NRL database was a huge benefit for News Ltd to get to potential customers.

We have been very helpful to them so hopefully now we are "partners" we may benefit also.

I'll see if I can find the article.