What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023-2028 next tv deal discussion

Perth Red

Post Whore
no guess work needed hahahaha
OMFG its a fairy tale with no detail

but so much better because its the AFL eh ?
Both codes have gone on record of what ther 2023 onward deals are. No guessing needed. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t make it untrue lol.

Perth Red

Post Whore
lets drop this in for PR so he doesn't forget eh
It is the first time since 1971 that the AFL has signed a reduced broadcast agreement.
New Year Smiling GIF
Fight club if you want to talk afl. I’ll,start a thread just for you and I so people who want to actually read about the nrl deal here can without you spamming this thread up.

Perth Red

Post Whore
or hold fire & bankrupt the code
again
that would have been the risk, but it didnt happen. We didn’t rush a fta deal and accept less from nine, which I’m sure they were offering, so why rush the ptv deal and accept $100million less?
like I said it was either fear or something dodgy that drove Vlandys to sign us up for a time 3 years into the future for significantly less money. We held fire with fta and it ended up not costing anything, though nrl actually getting an increase when we gave them mlre content is another matter!

he blinked and it cost us $100million.
What we could have done with $20mill extra a year??? How may development officers would that pay for? How many more schools reached?

and looking at our deal & comparing it to our only competitor in this country & analysing what they did or were forced to do in the environment at the time is fair & reasonable & a good guide as to wether we did ok or not

The rantings of a RL PVL hating clown are to be ignored

that would have been the risk, but it didnt happen. We didn’t rush a fta deal and accept less from nine, which I’m sure they were offering, so why rush the ptv deal and accept $100million less?
like I said it was either fear or something dodgy that drove Vlandys to sign us up for a time 3 years into the future for significantly less money. We held fire with fta and it ended up not costing anything, though nrl actually getting an increase when we gave them mlre content is another matter!

he blinked and it cost us $100million.
What we could have done with $20mill extra a year??? How may development officers would that pay for? How many more schools reached?
what was it with the afl ?

fear or something else ?

Perth Red

Post Whore
what was it with the afl ?

fear or something else ?
Fight club

how about you talk about nrl for a change? Why rush a reduced ptv deal but sit back on the fta deal? Why sign a deal in 2020 that locks us in until 2027 on reduced money? Why not sign a 2 year renegotiation like we did with fta and see how the lay of the land is once we knew exactly what covid would be? If it was same or a bit more fair enough I could understand it but knowing it would cost the game $100million makes it seem a very very poor decision.

Perth Red

Post Whore
and how would anyone of forseen that ?
You couldn’t, but negotiating from a point of weakness or uncertainty is rarely a good outcome. He rolled the dice that covid was going to have a bigger impact and played it safe. As it is looking it was a very bad call that has cost the game a huge sum of money.

You couldn’t, but negotiating from a point of weakness or uncertainty is rarely a good outcome. He rolled the dice that covid was going to have a bigger impact and played it safe. As it is looking it was a very bad call that has cost the game a huge sum of money.
so
gil the dills call... also rushed , bad & it cost his game heaps too yea ?

you can keep putting out your biased agenda driven views & ignore the fact that all sports in this country played it safe including your beloved AFL , because it was the correct thing to do

But i'll keep adding perspective to your nonsense & continue to point out that our biggest rival , your can do no wrong AFL, did exactly the same as us & chose certainty over risk

Perth Red

Post Whore
you can keep putting out your biased agenda driven views & ignore the fact that all sports in this country played it safe including your beloved AFL , because it was the correct thing to do

But i'll keep adding perspective to your nonsense & continue to point out that our biggest rival , your can do no wrong AFL, did exactly the same as us & chose certainty over risk
there was no need to sign the ‘23 onwards deal at that point in time, he did and it cost us $100mill.
He waited on fta and it came out same. He didnt rush it in nz and we got an increase. You can spin it anyway you like, and justify why he agreed to a sht deal but at the end of the day his call has cost the game. $100million. Any other leader of the game in the last 20 years would have been crucified if they had made that call and you know it. It didn’t need to be made in 2020, the reason why it was made is open to scrutiny and the end outcome is a massive revenue hole for the nrl for years to come.

but once again many thanks for being the poster who spotted this and brought it to light!

Perth Red

Post Whore
depending on contra parts of fox and nz deal it looks like cash wise from 23 onwards best we can expect is An avg of around $365mill a year.
For accounting purposes they will no doubt do same as last time and report a lower start revenue with a 2% increase each year for the 5 years.

PR .
You have repeatedly talked up the AFL deal .
You have stated you compare deals as they are our main competitor .
Now you weasel out when asked questions about the afl deal .
Weak as piss .
If you don't want to discuss the afl deal then don't praise it repeatedly in this thread .

Latest posts