What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023/24 Off Season

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I mean, that's Donald Trump level rubbish.

Incredibly unprofessional given he is the chairman of ARLC, for a start. And so hilariously poorly timed after the Pacific Cup annihilation.

idunno

Juniors
Big news! ⬇️
Wayne Bennett has formally applied for the New Zealand job as the Dolphins super coach ramps up plans to renew trans-Tasman Test match fireworks with Australian rival Mal Meninga.
NZRL chief executive Greg Peters confirmed Bennett will be short-listed for a formal interview with a view to Maguire’s successor being formalised by the end of February - NewsCorp

idunno

Juniors
Just tried to post what V'landys said but the layout here has changed a bit...

Basically asked why Benny would want to coach ,"losers"..

If it was tongue in cheek banter then fine, problem is I guess that doesn't always translate in print.
Some of the other stories I've since seen made it clear he was joking.

But always a chance local media would put a slightly different slant on it, for click bait if nothing else. So yea probably not his best gag. Especially timing wise...

ozenzud

Juniors
Well I have been watching the Warriors off season training and media stuff. I'm getting way sucked in big time and can barely suppress my excitement at the upcoming season.

Last year, I was like "who cares, we will come last". Might watch the first few games and then cancel my Sky subscription as per normal.

This year, its like, "we are premiership material". I'm trying to tone it down, because this expectation is certain, absolutely certain, to just make me disappointed.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Some of the other stories I've since seen made it clear he was joking.

But always a chance local media would put a slightly different slant on it, for click bait if nothing else. So yea probably not his best gag. Especially timing wise...
I figured as much, has a history of sledging the AFL in his Rugba Leeg role and the Melbourne Cup in his racing role. I enjoy the little jibes personally

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Well I have been watching the Warriors off season training and media stuff. I'm getting way sucked in big time and can barely suppress my excitement at the upcoming season.

Last year, I was like "who cares, we will come last". Might watch the first few games and then cancel my Sky subscription as per normal.

This year, its like, "we are premiership material". I'm trying to tone it down, because this expectation is certain, absolutely certain, to just make me disappointed.
I ordered my NSW membership last night, I hope I’m not tempting fate 😂

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yeah. Mine shrink around the middle. A fault in manufacturing I reckon.
I’ve got a 2001 jersey that stil fit me last time I checked. Wouldn’t get that with the cut of the modern ones though!
I need to get a blue home jersey though.
I used to have a grey and black hooped retro jersey from the 2008 centenary year but it got stolen. I loved that one :(