What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

Suitman

Post Whore
plus the 8633 was actually

The crowd would have been lucky to be that tbh.
As noted in TFC thread, I flicked past the game on Fox yesterday.
I actually freeze framed the game several times and tried to count numbers in bays opposite the cameras. It wasn't hard to count actually as they were so sparsely spread.
There was lucky to be 100 - 130 people in each bay.
Just say that I saw 20 bays on that side of the field approx - well that's 2000 - 2600 people.
The top deck was absolutely empty. Not one person.
We all know that the commentary side is mostly corporate and doesn't hold many.
Let's be generous and say there was another 2000.
Add it up and it's not even close to the attendance that was announced.
The crowds they announce are not only pure bullshit, but laughable.
I'm happy for the ALF to keep pouring 10's of millions into this waste of time club and draining their own coffers.
Western Sydney is probably the worst place in the country for the ALF to have attempted to implant a team.
It is RL and Soccer dominated by a country mile, due to the multi-cultural make up of the population.
The arrogance of them to think they could make inroads into this demographic is just mind boggling.

nko11

Juniors
Daily telegraph has ticket sales at nearly 45k for the perth double header. That’s pretty amazing if true. We only got 39k last DH and it was stadium opening period. I was thinking 30k ish would be a good result.

a winning WC pirates might need a bigger stadium!
Screenshot_20230618-201450_Chrome.jpg
Going by the crowd expected and the logical way you'd sell tickets, you'd have to think the areas in black are already sold. I'll be more convinced if/when level 5 opens up.

On the note of Perth and the NRL, both WA AFL teams are playing like absolute sh*t at the moment, would be a pretty great time to announce a Perth NRL team, sometime around the double header...

Last edited:

Brian potter

First Grade
View attachment 75723
Going by the crowd expected and the logical way you'd sell tickets, you'd have to think the areas in black are already sold. I'll be more convinced if/when level 5 opens up.
don’t see any reason why those blacked out seats wouldn’t have been put on sale.
On the note of Perth and the NRL, both WA AFL teams are playing like absolute sh*t at the moment, would be a pretty great time to announce a Perth NRL team, sometime around the double header...
that makes too much sense.

jim_57

Staff member
View attachment 75723

Judging by that you can’t get a seat anywhere on the sideline at the moment but they haven’t opened top tier yet.

Brian potter

First Grade
Seriously the NRL need to do something with the sharks, dragons and tigers.

They can’t be allowed to drag the competition down with their crap stadiums and sh#t crowds.

jim_57

Staff member

They can’t be allowed to drag the competition down with their crap stadiums and sh#t crowds.

Dragons have drawn well at the Gong so far this year. Despite a couple shit crowds at Kogarah their last crowd there was good as well to be fair. Most of their remaining home games are at WIN now.

SouthsCountry

Juniors
The crowd would have been lucky to be that tbh.
As noted in TFC thread, I flicked past the game on Fox yesterday.
I actually freeze framed the game several times and tried to count numbers in bays opposite the cameras. It wasn't hard to count actually as they were so sparsely spread.
There was lucky to be 100 - 130 people in each bay.
Just say that I saw 20 bays on that side of the field approx - well that's 2000 - 2600 people.
The top deck was absolutely empty. Not one person.
We all know that the commentary side is mostly corporate and doesn't hold many.
Let's be generous and say there was another 2000.
Add it up and it's not even close to the attendance that was announced.
The crowds they announce are not only pure bullshit, but laughable.
I'm happy for the ALF to keep pouring 10's of millions into this waste of time club and draining their own coffers.
Western Sydney is probably the worst place in the country for the ALF to have attempted to implant a team.
It is RL and Soccer dominated by a country mile, due to the multi-cultural make up of the population.
The arrogance of them to think they could make inroads into this demographic is just mind boggling.
I want an investigation, fudging like that should be illegal.

Regardless, the hapless Tigers, who have been the source of anguish for their fanbase for years, got 100 odd less than the Giants, despite being the worst of four clubs in GWS' market area. Laughable they've failed after 11 years and a GF appearance to gain any traction. And although I don't follow it at all, they are my nominal AFL team lol (just to annoy my Victorian mates).

Last edited:

Vibing

Juniors

And.........
hes baaaccckkkkk

Yea donkey boy .... when are the NRL gunna get serious about a team in Singapore
whhhhhheeeennnnnn !!!

Latest posts