What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
Daily telegraph has ticket sales at nearly 45k for the perth double header. That’s pretty amazing if true. We only got 39k last DH and it was stadium opening period. I was thinking 30k ish would be a good result.

a winning WC pirates might need a bigger stadium!

Vibing

Juniors
So, still no crowd from Campbelltown but looked around 10K , maybe a bit under
& today Shark Park should be full for a game against another Sydney team & small capacity.
between 12 & 13K ,
so we will be over 80K for the 5 game round , pretty good tbh.

Looking to next week round 17

Fri Dragons V Warriors in the gong 12K
Sat Phins V Parra on the SC .. sold out weeks ago 12K
Sat Penrith V Newc 20K
Sat Melb V Manly 20K ( no aflol in Melb that day )
Sun Broncos V Titans 42K sales going weirdly well
Sun Souths V Cowboys .. 15K deserves more tho
Sun Roosters V Raiders 15K .. bad time slot, but this game at the SCG or old SFS at this time on a Sunday wouldn't have got 10K in the past.

about 136K at an average of 17K

Pneuma

First Grade
So, still no crowd from Campbelltown but looked around 10K , maybe a bit under
& today Shark Park should be full for a game against another Sydney team & small capacity.
between 12 & 13K ,
so we will be over 80K for the 5 game round , pretty good tbh.

Looking to next week round 17

Fri Dragons V Warriors in the gong 12K
Sat Phins V Parra on the SC .. sold out weeks ago 12K
Sat Penrith V Newc 20K
Sat Melb V Manly 20K ( no aflol in Melb that day )
Sun Broncos V Titans 42K sales going weirdly well
Sun Souths V Cowboys .. 15K deserves more tho
Sun Roosters V Raiders 15K .. bad time slot, but this game at the SCG or old SFS at this time on a Sunday wouldn't have got 10K in the past.

about 136K at an average of 17K
Roosters might scrape 20000 in but rest is pretty right I reckon

yakstorm

First Grade
Daily telegraph has ticket sales at nearly 45k for the perth double header. That’s pretty amazing if true. We only got 39k last DH and it was stadium opening period. I was thinking 30k ish would be a good result.
That's fantastic if it's anything north of 30K and hopefully the NRL will look to lock in another Double Header next year off the back of this one. Would love to see a regular NRL double header in both Perth & Adelaide, just to try lock in a minimum of one big NRL event in both cities every year.

Can mix up what 4 teams go to each of the cities if clubs don't want to go all the time, but would at least provide a mini-festival RL style event each year to try and build around.

Pneuma

First Grade
GWS: $2 chips, kids enter free, cheap tickets: 8,633

Parramatta: One of four clubs sharing the same market as GWS $100 adult sideline tickets, food and beverage prices normal: 21,296

Tele article in 2019 saying the AFLol were making inroads in Western Sydney seems like a satire piece now
Just the DT fishing for a response. It’s a shite paper. Local version down here is just as bad.

Harry O

Juniors
GWS: $2 chips, kids enter free, cheap tickets: 8,633

Parramatta: One of four clubs sharing the same market as GWS $100 adult sideline tickets, food and beverage prices normal: 21,296

Tele article in 2019 saying the AFLol were making inroads in Western Sydney seems like a satire piece now
So you mention dropball,doesn't get deleted,but when i do it does🙄

yakstorm

First Grade
plus the 8633 was actually

I feel like you may have double counted a few there.

It's rather incredible just how backwards the Giants are going in almost all the key KPIs of crowds, ratings, awareness, etc that they are fast becoming the smaller brand relative to the Super Netball team.

I know people at the RAS and they openly comment just how much of a disaster GWS crowds are and how their games just bleed money like nothing else.