What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

Brian potter

First Grade
Yes, and once you dig below NRL level you can see that RL is the main sport in town. Lots of Kiwis too which is great for a bandwagon effect when the Warriors are on a roll (which we will see soon at Robina).
That’s good to hear and gives the titans a solid foundation to build on for the future with a little success on the pitch they could considerably grow their crowds and hardcore support.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Gold Coast in its current form and precious incarcerations from my memory has always been associated with failure.

also it Seems to be a city full of fans of other NRL teams?
Nrl generally does a very poor job of promoting itself in its regions. Was on Gold Coast a few weeks ago and didnt seeone single thing suggesting there was an nrl team based there. Didn’t see one single piece of titans merch on anyone either. Game really needs some decent brand positioning work.
Lots of souths and dragons gear on show though weirdly.

Harry O

Juniors
Nrl generally does a very poor job of promoting itself in its regions. Was on Gold Coast a few weeks ago and didnt seeone single thing suggesting there was an nrl team based there. Didn’t see one single piece of titans merch on anyone either. Game really needs some decent brand positioning work.
Do you actually live in Perth lol

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Broncos vs Eels at the Gabba next week is close to a sell out. Pretty much only restricted view available.

Gabba is hard to call as we know, but maybe 26-29k. I don't think it will have the BCC pull that the Dolphins game had.

mongoose

Coach
Your average Titans fan probably isn't walking around Cavill ave or Broadbeach... they probably avoid theses places like the plague and live up at Helensvale or Runaway Bay area...

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
No doubt you had your dorkers tanktop on.

The myth, perpetuated by poms living thousands of kilometres away and other idiots, that the Gold Coast isn't a league town, is full of people that are too inflexible to support a local team, that all gold coast teams are doomed to failure is being eroded every year.

This will be a city of 1 million plus in years soon to come with the corporate support of a city that size and with the titans reaching down into the northern tablelands area the club's popularity will continue to grow.

As will NRL crowds there, the topic of this thread.

bazza

Immortal
Gold Coast in its current form and precious incarcerations from my memory has always been associated with failure.

also it Seems to be a city full of fans of other NRL teams?
It is an area of recent arrivals mainly from other states who would bring their previous affiliations with them
However, there are probably enough born and bred Gold Coasters now to support a team their long term and it appears to be reflected in the crowd figures for the Titans this year and last which are higher than previous years despite the team being no more successful

Also the Titans seem to be bringing up a bunch of juniors in their team which should be good for the club long term

blukablu

Juniors

I spent a lot of time at the Gold Coast and you see merch everywhere. Every second tradie is wearing NRL shorts. Go down to Burleigh, Tallebudgera or Currumbin and they are packed with people wearing NRL-branded singlets, shorts and hats.

Last edited:

t-ba

Post Whore
Your average Titans fan probably isn't walking around Cavill ave or Broadbeach... they probably avoid theses places like the plague and live up at Helensvale or Runaway Bay area...

Real Why do I never see NRL gear at Darling Harbour and The Rocks hours.

Probably because it's not for locals!

Pneuma

First Grade
I'm actually convinced you are completely full of shit and never leave the house.

I spent a lot of time at the Gold Coast and you see merch everywhere. Every second tradie is wearing NRL shorts. Go down to Burleigh, Tallebudgera or Currumbin and they are packed with people wearing NRL-branded singlets, shorts and hats.
Same when I was up there just a couple of years ago. Mind you given this bloke only ever sees the negatives of the NRL I’ve no doubt in his own mind he saw nothing.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I was talking titans, not nrl Generally.

mongoose

Coach
the problem with the Gold Coast is there is also a shit load of retiree age Victorians there who support Victorian based AFL clubs

blukablu

Juniors
The Titans game selling very nicely. Unless they are holding back tickets, it could be their 2nd highest-attended game of the season.

I don't understand why they seem to get so many Saturday and Sunday afternoon games when they clearly don't draw on the Coast and night games sell much better. Especially when almost every Sydney club is crying out for arvo games.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The Titans game selling very nicely. Unless they are holding back tickets, it could be their 2nd highest-attended game of the season.

I don't understand why they seem to get so many Saturday and Sunday afternoon games when they clearly don't draw on the Coast and night games sell much better. Especially when almost every Sydney club is crying out for arvo games.
I think Warriors games are generally always outliers for the Titans - huge expat Kiwi community up there

Harry O

Juniors
I actually wore a Roosters Jersey today, and a few tradies screamed out Roosters will win the next premiership in 5 years time, and the other said 50 years time, they cracked me up hahaha lol

Latest posts