What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
The Broncos vs Storm game in round 27 is about 1500 seats from a sell out. I've not seen one of our home games sell this well in advance since Broncos v Cowboys round 4 2016 and Darren Lockyer's last home game.

Pretty solid given that this game is on a Thursday night outside of school holidays and tickets are at tier 1 cost.

Wb1234

Referee
The Broncos vs Storm game in round 27 is about 1500 seats from a sell out. I've not seen one of our home games sell this well in advance since Broncos v Cowboys round 4 2016 and Darren Lockyer's last home game.

Pretty solid given that this game is on a Thursday night outside of school holidays and tickets are at tier 1 cost.
Won’t affect the top two but a big loss could ruin the broncos season

game of the season

yakstorm

First Grade
@SLRBRONCOS is too modest, what he claims as a guess is generally a highly accurate forecast.

He knows Suncorp, how it sells, what bays are held back, what order they are released, etc, which is why the announced figure is almost guaranteed to be in the ranges he puts out.

I could have done with someone like him when I worked at the NRL for forecasting crowds versus the data scientists that where either hired or contracted during my time.

Pneuma

First Grade
@SLRBRONCOS is too modest, what he claims as a guess is generally a highly accurate forecast.

He knows Suncorp, how it sells, what bays are held back, what order they are released, etc, which is why the announced figure is almost guaranteed to be in the ranges he puts out.

I could have done with someone like him when I worked at the NRL for forecasting crowds versus the data scientists that where either hired or contracted during my time.
Just like the Wookie. You can’t beat experience and knowledge. Too many overpaid gronks are employed simply because they have a degree in something.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
I don’t think it will make it that high with games at Brookvale (Friday 6pm), Kogarah & Shark Park. Gold Coast probably won’t be anything special either. Broncos V Storm, Dolphins V Warriors & Rabbitohs V Roosters should give us 3 30-50k crowds to finish the regular season though, plus another likely 20k+ sellout at Penrith.
The 2 X Suncorp could be 90k
+ 1 ANZ @40k

Then the other 5 just need 71k

shewi6

Juniors
It's a guess - I'm not counting exact figures, but it's a pretty easy formula once you know how many seats are available in each section and how they are released.

Ummmm how do u know this lol?
It would be much easier if ticketek showed what individual seats were on sale like ticketmaster instead of just bays that are on sale and what the availability is.

Interestingly though the Dolphins v Warriors game is doing just that, letting u see and choose each individual seat on sale. I have never seen that on ticketek, but I always am on the mobile website and not sure how the full version works.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
It would be much easier if ticketek showed what individual seats were on sale like ticketmaster instead of just bays that are on sale and what the availability is.

Interestingly though the Dolphins v Warriors game is doing just that, letting u see and choose each individual seat on sale. I have never seen that on ticketek, but I always am on the mobile website and not sure how the full version works.
Yes, I noticed that too. I think Ticketek is testing it and in typical Ticketek style the lower corners are clunky and overlapping.

Will see what they do next year.

Examples of their mess - still has nothing on ticketmaster:

Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 7.51.36 pm.pngScreenshot 2023-08-15 at 7.51.23 pm.png

beave

Coach
$20 a pop to sit in level 2, NE corner (bay 527) for NQ Dolphins at Suncorp next week is awesome, snapped up 8 tix tonight.

jim_57

Staff member
The 2 X Suncorp could be 90k
+ 1 ANZ @40k

Then the other 5 just need 71k

I hope you’re right but I can’t see it. It would be a massive achievement with the Sharks limited to 12k and Dragons and Manly at home when they are done and dusted for the year.

yakstorm

First Grade
Assuming that Suncorp + Accor can get 130K on their own, we'd need roughly 36K between Sharks, Dragons & Manly, which is roughly on par with what they've been getting anyway, 20K from Penrith, which should be achievable, and then 15K from Titans.

Doable, though I'm less confident of the first 3 getting to 130K, than the last 5 getting past 70K.