What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

shewi6

Juniors

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Dolphins vs Warriors is very close to overtaking the tickets sold for the Cowboys game. Saturday's weather looks epic, and I expect level 7 to be on sale by end of the week, but we will see what they do.

Easily 35k and possibly 40k+.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
They spent the 90s getting some of the biggest crowds in Sydney and attracting sponsors like Citibank. All while people like my family were getting gentrified out of the area. (Not me, I'm never leaving lol) To then try and drag themselves into comparatively low wealth area after building such a good fanbase being based in the Lower North Shore was ill-advised. (I wanna stress on the comparatively. It's not that the CC is poor it's just that they can't suck remora like on business districts like North Sydney, Chatswood and Macquarie Park from there)

Cash is king, as long as you've got good pathways and talent identification regionally local juniors aren't massively important.

It was a dud strategy. There was more money in staying on the Lower North Shore and crossing the class barrier like Souths and Easts have. What's odd is that we've probably seen more district juniors recently than since they graded Florimo.

I'm not saying it was an ideal strategy, but this is what it was.

Until Politis and the former DJ's CEO at the Roosters, RL never had a lot of confidence in boardrooms. I can understand the view.

As I said, the CC was the be added to the north shore, not replace it, and whether the short of home grounds was to pacify a rationalisation strategy, to endear themselves (temporarily?) to the CC locals, or some other reason we can never know.

Local juniors was a big thing 30 years ago, and it was viewed from that lens, not the lens of 2023.

t-ba

Post Whore
I'm not saying it was an ideal strategy, but this is what it was.

Until Politis and the former DJ's CEO at the Roosters, RL never had a lot of confidence in boardrooms. I can understand the view.

As I said, the CC was the be added to the north shore, not replace it, and whether the short of home grounds was to pacify a rationalisation strategy, to endear themselves (temporarily?) to the CC locals, or some other reason we can never know.

Local juniors was a big thing 30 years ago, and it was viewed from that lens, not the lens of 2023.

They abandoned the Lower North Shore clubs. The Lane Cove Tigers folded as a consequence and the Willoughby Roos and North Sydney Brothers were told to find other districts. I know this because my family was involved in both surviving clubs. Asquith, Berowra, Hornsby (lol), Dural, West Pymble, Pennant Hills-Cherrybrook and Hills were all planned to be merged into the CC competition.

It was a wholesale abandonment of a large chunk of the region.

As for local juniors, by the late 1990s the Dogs and Roosters were doing fine with much diminished numbers in that category.

Gaming the criteria and pissing off your cash cow Leagues club in the hope that your new stadium would not face any delays at all was exceptionally dumb shit.

Last edited:

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
They abandoned the Lower North Shore clubs. The Lane Cove Tigers folded as a consequence and the Willoughby Roos and North Sydney Brothers were told to find other districts. I know this because my family was involved in both surviving clubs. Asquith, Berowra, Hornsby (lol), Dural, West Pymble, Pennant Hills-Cherrybrook and Hills were all planned to be merged into the CC competition.

It was a wholesale abandonment of a large chunk of the region.

As for local juniors, by the late 1990s the Dogs and Roosters were doing fine with much diminished numbers in that category.

Gaming the criteria and pissing off your cash cow Leagues club in the hope that your new stadium would not face any delays at all was exceptionally dumb shit.
Norths leagues wanted nothing to do with football in the 90s
Similar to Penrith in the 2000s

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I can understand why they are doing it, but honestly a bit passed off at the Broncs and Storm this week to basically rest all of the stars from the game... all of the stars that made me and the rest of the almost sell-out crowd buy the tickets in the first place.

If you want to run out lesser standard teams, then start handing out partial refunds to make the ticket prices cheaper.

nko11

Juniors
Screenshot_20230830-091344_Ticketek AU.jpg
Rabbitohs v Roosters ticketek website glitching a bit showing the full seating map. Will be back to normal soon, just interesting that they have all of level 6 classed as Diamond. Cheaper to sit in 106 than 601.

t-ba

Post Whore
Norths leagues wanted nothing to do with football in the 90s
Similar to Penrith in the 2000s

By the mid 1990s the football club was talking about relocating and the Leagues club wasn't too happy to lose match day income. That seems pretty understandable.

The relocation stuff was the dumbest shit. Like, Wests relocated and that turned out to be a complete f**king disaster.

shewi6

Juniors
View attachment 78684
Rabbitohs v Roosters ticketek website glitching a bit showing the full seating map. Will be back to normal soon, just interesting that they have all of level 6 classed as Diamond. Cheaper to sit in 106 than 601.
It did it yesterday as well before updating with extra level 4 bays for sale, possibly going to open up more bays today?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
The broncos have released another bunch of seats held from sale - these would have been sold by now, which will cost them a sell out IMO, but still on track for 40-42k.

shewi6

Juniors
The broncos have released another bunch of seats held from sale - these would have been sold by now, which will cost them a sell out IMO, but still on track for 40-42k.
What is the logic behind holding back tickets? This game has been selling strongly for weeks.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
What is the logic behind holding back tickets? This game has been selling strongly for weeks.
I hate it - there were 6 days of ticketek showing single seats across all categories. These could have been sold.

I think the Broncos were targeting appx 50k members and held back about 3k for the one game membership. The problem is that these memberships are sold through ticketmaster, and fans associate the Broncos tickets and Suncorp with Ticketek, so it was a hard sell.

Quite a few tickets are held back for junior and sponsorship redemptions too.