What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
This is getting ridiculous but the Hunter region is 786k.
It really means nothing.
It is only an urban myth that they are the best supporters in the NRL. Every club can lay claim to this in one form or another.
Keep on supporting your club whoever it is and all is well!
They have the biggest supporter turn out for a club that regulalry misses the 8 of anyone Thats what makes them so great.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I think supporters are being dudded for the Broncos-Storm game this week. Storm are resting up to 10 players and Broncos about 5...Supporters should be refunded half of their ticket prices
Fans have been royally ripped off for sure!

shewi6

Juniors
Dolphins game is now selling into level 7 east and souths game has nearly all of level 4 on sale.
Has there ever been a round of NRL with 3 games over 40k? And could we achieve it this round?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Fans have been royally ripped off for sure!

I disagree with this. If multiple players go down with injuries the same people complaining about this will squeal "why WaSn'T ___ rEsTed".

We support the club first and foremost. The season is a marathon, not a sprint. We shifted about 500-800 seats last night alone, after the team announcements.

Interestingly, across all social media platforms, the complaining is mostly coming from Melbourne supporters.

Valheru

Coach
Absolutely no chance they get 40k on Friday. Tell 'em they're dreaming. They seriously underestimate the apathy the majority of Souths fans have towards Accor these days.
With any luck this is the last ever fixture between our 2 clubs away from the SFS with the only exception being if they were to ever meet in the GF.

Valheru

Coach
I disagree with this. If multiple players go down with injuries the same people complaining about this will squeal "why WaSn'T ___ rEsTed".

We support the club first and foremost. The season is a marathon, not a sprint. We shifted about 500-800 seats last night alone, after the team announcements.

Interestingly, across all social media platforms, the complaining is mostly coming from Melbourne supporters.
I get it from all points of view.

I understand the NRL, media and broadcasters being filthy. I also get it from the coaches/clubs point of view, they should be doing whatever they think is necessary to give their club the best chance of winning the comp.

I don't really have a solution. The AFL implemented a week off in between the final round and firt week finals which stopped the resting players but has caused other issues.

Ideally I like the approach Robbo has taken when in this situation which is resting players over multiple weeks so you're still fielding a competitive side but the proof is in the pudding and if either of these 2 teams win the comp their fans won't care about resting players this week.

jim_57

Staff member
So with AFL on break this week, definitely a missed opportunity to not give the Storm a home game.

(I think I post this comment most years...)

There are 4 weekends this year with no AFL in Melbourne, rounds 1, 2, 7, & 27. Storm were at home for 1 of them. Not sure which draw came first but they would have known the AFL weren’t playing in rounds 1-2 & 27.

Perth Red

Post Whore

I understand the NRL, media and broadcasters being filthy. I also get it from the coaches/clubs point of view, they should be doing whatever they think is necessary to give their club the best chance of winning the comp.

I don't really have a solution. The AFL implemented a week off in between the final round and firt week finals which stopped the resting players but has caused other issues.

Ideally I like the approach Robbo has taken when in this situation which is resting players over multiple weeks so you're still fielding a competitive side but the proof is in the pudding and if either of these 2 teams win the comp their fans won't care about resting players this week.
yeh I can see why clubs do it, just feel for fans that have forked out $80+ for a ticket who dont get to see the stars play. Be like buying a ticket to a concert and only getting the warm up act.

Valheru

Coach
yeh I can see why clubs do it, just feel for fans that have forked out $80+ for a ticket who dont get to see the stars play. Be like buying a ticket to a concert and only getting the warm up act.
Maybe it's just a case of buyer beware for the final round of the season?

One thing I think the NRL could not be happy with is Brisbane's complete lack of regard for the MP, they don't give a shit. It's hard to blame them because finishing 1st yields the same benefit as far as finals go to finishing 2nd, that is 2 home games in the finals and a double chance.

Maybe this is something the NRL could look at whether it be a significant increase in prize money for the MP or some other advantage to finishing 1st like choosing your opponent in week 1 or something.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
There are 4 weekends this year with no AFL in Melbourne, rounds 1, 2, 7, & 27. Storm were at home for 1 of them. Not sure which draw came first but they would have known the AFL weren’t playing in rounds 1-2 & 27.
NRL was out first last year (for 2023), but likely would have known 1, 2, 27 for sure.

Having said that, given the trouble with stadia availability and WWC this year it was probably always going to be difficult to manipulate the fixturing to such a level without having something somewhere else become unbalanced.

Iamback

Coach
I can understand why they are doing it, but honestly a bit passed off at the Broncs and Storm this week to basically rest all of the stars from the game... all of the stars that made me and the rest of the almost sell-out crowd buy the tickets in the first place.

If you want to run out lesser standard teams, then start handing out partial refunds to make the ticket prices cheaper.

They will play each other next week, Nothing is gained from playing full strength sides

Iamback

Coach

We have done that. Up until last week we still got the wins

Absolutely no chance they get 40k on Friday. Tell 'em they're dreaming. They seriously underestimate the apathy the majority of Souths fans have towards Accor these days.

Everything suggests a crowd of 40k+ apart from the PAX.

Here's a screenshot of the current sections open for ticket sales. 9/12 sections in level 4 east are open. 6 of the sections are down to single or pair seats only.

This is tracking better than Good Friday (35.2k) and King's Birthday (33.8k).

1693371192200.png

View attachment 78684
Rabbitohs v Roosters ticketek website glitching a bit showing the full seating map. Will be back to normal soon, just interesting that they have all of level 6 classed as Diamond. Cheaper to sit in 106 than 601.

Based on the screenshot above, the wings on level 4 east will be silver, so perhaps level 6 won't be diamond.

morley101

Juniors
Everything suggests a crowd of 40k+ apart from the PAX.

Here's a screenshot of the current sections open for ticket sales. 9/12 sections in level 4 east are open. 6 of the sections are down to single or pair seats only.

This is tracking better than Good Friday (35.2k) and King's Birthday (33.8k).

View attachment 78690

Based on the screenshot above, the wings on level 4 east will be silver, so perhaps level 6 won't be diamond.
What is the PAX ?

Latest posts