What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

reanimate

Bench
I should stop dwelling on a dead fail club run by morons but jesus christ does it piss me off living in Sydney's AFL heartland lol.

An actual discussion I have had with people more than once is how Adam Goodes is the greatest indigenous sportsman in Sydney's history. Like, Artie Beetson won premierships with Balmain and Easts, is arguably the father of Origin and was the first Indigenous person to captain his country in a major sport but that isn't enough apparently compared to a dude whose main claim to fame is being racially abused by Southerners. Goodes seems like a decent bloke all told but come on.
Even worse than the Bears’ moves around that time is what came after. Their last year in the comp was 1999, the last year of the Northern Eagles was 2002- it’s now 2023 and we still don’t know if the Bears are coming back in some form or not.

Just put them out of their misery and hand the North Shore off to other clubs or bring them back. A decision needs to be made, we’ve had 20+ years of rot in the area for what? As it is, they’ve basically missed the boat, the younger end of Gen Y and below probably aren’t going to remember them or never knew them as a first grade club and don’t give a shit about them.

nko11

Juniors
Current state of play for Good Friday at Accor - Platinum Plus, Platinum and Gold are all down to single seats only in Tier 1.

Weather forecast is for showers and a possible storm. Really hope that doesn't come to fruition (and even a day like today would be fine), as it would be great to see these big public holiday games getting over 40k in Sydney again.

View attachment 72210
For reference this was good Friday sales on the day before the game. Which ended up being 35,211.1680758543769.png

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
A bit harsh on Lego there. Even Lego has more impressive Stadiums than Shark Park

images
That’s a pretty impressive stadium design though you can tell it was dreamed up by an American

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Even worse than the Bears’ moves around that time is what came after. Their last year in the comp was 1999, the last year of the Northern Eagles was 2002- it’s now 2023 and we still don’t know if the Bears are coming back in some form or not.

Just put them out of their misery and hand the North Shore off to other clubs or bring them back. A decision needs to be made, we’ve had 20+ years of rot in the area for what? As it is, they’ve basically missed the boat, the younger end of Gen Y and below probably aren’t going to remember them or never knew them as a first grade club and don’t give a shit about themt
There is no AFL team east of Hawthorn and 1.9m people live east of Hawthorn .. is that whole are at risk of switching to NRL or rugby ?

Harry O

Juniors
Im taking three people from work who are all union fans, on fri night. I told them once you seen RL you'll never go back to union. They just laugh at me 😆

yakstorm

First Grade
That’s a pretty impressive stadium design though you can tell it was dreamed up by an American
I don't believe Camp Nou in Barcelona was designed by an American... And Lego isn't an American company either...

It was ~19,700 according to the last update in this thread, but that doesn't really justify opening level 4 east.
PAX for Rabbitohs games doesn't include their own Members or Accor Stadium members.