What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

APPSY

Juniors
Could there be a possibility of pushing for 200k+? If The broncs, bunnies and phins pull 40k plus?

Marlins

Juniors
Broncos/Storm 44k
Manly/Tigers 11k
Rabbits/Roosters 42k
Dolphins/Warriors 36k
Panthers/Cowboys 20k
Dragons/Knights 13k
Titans/Bulldogs 14k
Sharks/Raiders 11k

Total 191k
Average 23k

yakstorm

First Grade
I think you can bank 180000 and anything more is a bonus.
Agree with that. 180K should be baseline, 190K is possible and 200K is best case and requires multiple games to over perform.

Penrith is looking promising for another sell out, Grandstand is down to single seats, Family Hill is sold out and other Hills are selling strongly.

If the Minor Premiership is on offer, then it may see the crowd go from 20K to similar to last week's 21.5K.

Shark Park capacity is currently over 13K, they've already drawn 12,757 to a game earlier this year and I'm of the understanding some additional space has been opened up to take it closer to 13.5K capacity.

What's @APPSY thoughts on CBUS? I'm hoping its trending more than 14K.

Pneuma

First Grade
Agree with that. 180K should be baseline, 190K is possible and 200K is best case and requires multiple games to over perform.

Penrith is looking promising for another sell out, Grandstand is down to single seats, Family Hill is sold out and other Hills are selling strongly.

If the Minor Premiership is on offer, then it may see the crowd go from 20K to similar to last week's 21.5K.

Shark Park capacity is currently over 13K, they've already drawn 12,757 to a game earlier this year and I'm of the understanding some additional space has been opened up to take it closer to 13.5K capacity.

What's @APPSY thoughts on CBUS? I'm hoping it’s trending more than 14K.
I’m a sharks member and we’ve been asked to resell our seats if not attending. 12000 or more is definitely on the cards.

EuroNymous

Juniors
looks like they gonna release more tickets for souths game judging from glitch out Ticketek

wonder if they will open 6th level soon

looks like they changed 6th level to silver reserved

expect it to be open today

Let's hope they open it early arvo + cross promote it in tonight's games on FOX and Channel 9. We know the NRL won't raise a finger beyond a few posts on social media.

I remember level 6 east opened a few days prior to the Panthers/Rabbitohs preliminary final last year and the final crowd was 50,034. So based on that as a guide, if level 6 east opens, you'd expect a crowd of at least 45k+.

EuroNymous

Juniors
Let's hope they open it early arvo + cross promote it in tonight's games on FOX and Channel 9. We know the NRL won't raise a finger beyond a few posts on social media.

I remember level 6 east opened a few days prior to the Panthers/Rabbitohs preliminary final last year and the final crowd was 50,034. So based on that as a guide, if level 6 east opens, you'd expect a crowd of at least 45k+.
they just opened it up..

big crowd tmw

^^
Here she is!!

Surprised they opened level 6 west over east - perhaps trying to balance crowd flow after the game.

They've also opened section 411 in level 4 east. By my count, they've sold at least 60% of the seats in level 4 east now.

Weather now looking favourable too.

All signs point to the biggest regular season attendance for an NRL game in Sydney since Eels vs Tigers on Easter Monday in 2014 (50,668), and biggest regular season attendance for any sporting code in Sydney since Wanderers vs Sydney FC in 2016 (61,880).

1693444527546.png

Perhaps to temper the crowd expectation somewhat, here's an article Accor Stadium has published for tomorrow night's game which says "And thus tickets are selling quickly with upwards of 35,000 fans expected in."

If taken literally, that would still be a good result (top 4 crowds this year in Sydney, top 5 crowds for Rabbitohs/Roosters in last 50 years), but a bit disappointing in the context of how many sections have opened.

Accor Stadium twitter is saying 26k+ expected. Surprisingly low baseline figure, given how much of level 4 has sold and the pax.

Though there was also this tweet from Accor Stadium on the King's Birthday crowd between the Bulldogs and Eels in June, and it was 7k lower than the eventual crowd figure...so apply that and we're still in the 40k's for tomorrow night.

EuroNymous

Juniors
Perhaps to temper the crowd expectation somewhat, here's an article Accor Stadium has published for tomorrow night's game which says "And thus tickets are selling quickly with upwards of 35,000 fans expected in."

If taken literally, that would still be a good result (top 4 crowds this year in Sydney, top 5 crowds for Rabbitohs/Roosters in last 50 years), but a bit disappointing in the context of how many sections have opened.

Though there was also this tweet from Accor Stadium on the King's Birthday crowd between the Bulldogs and Eels in June, and it was 7k lower than the eventual crowd figure...so apply that and we're still in the 40k's for tomorrow night.
Good Friday got 35k and they never opened up 6th level so to open it up they must be expecting more then that

i reckon 41-43k is most likely.

APPSY

Juniors

What's @APPSY thoughts on CBUS? I'm hoping its trending more than 14K.
I'd say around the 11-13k range. The Gold and Titanium sections in the eastern stand that are currently open haven't been available to buy tickets in all season UNLESS for bigger crowds (Bronx, Bunnies, Phins and Wahs), So either it's supposedly expected to draw more than 13k range, or those tickets still haven't been bought and could be looking at a crowd similar to dragons and tigers. It is being marketed as a Father's Day double header though, so we should see more than 13k. But as always, it's practically impossible to make a rough estimation with CBUS as one minute a section is open, the next it's closed due to lack of sale. Especially with the GA sections.
Screen Shot 2023-08-31 at 12.30.05 pm.pngKeep in mind that we did offer a 2 game membership for the last two home games. We also reached a record 13,000 members for the club, which in retrospect is still disappointing club member numbers (especially when the Suns have 10,000 more). The club is practically urging all members to turn up this weekend for the final home game, but some of the members in my section have already told the club that they'd see them next year.

Give it another day or so and if the North stand open's more tickets, should be pushing towards 15k+ IF members who have valid remaining ticketed access show up too.

Latest posts