What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

beave

Coach
If only the FFA had won that football world cup bid eh?
Every state in Oz would have been set up with decent capacity rectangular stadiums.
In reality, it is the only way we as a country will ever get that right.

I'm glad we didn't win the bid (purely from an NQ perspective).

If we won it, old DFS was going to get some cheap lippy put on her

IMG_2068.jpeg

we wouldn't have got that magnificent joint in the city

Perth Red

Post Whore
I’m a fan of the “neutral” venue but I could live with that idea. Newcastle & Townsville could host a game each once every 6-10 years in some kind of cycle with Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide & Auckland.
The many millions they make of hosting it in the big cities could help cover the losses from holding it at smaller venues every now and again. Shame we don’t have it on weekend anymore so a game could be taken to nz.

SouthsCountry

Juniors
Okay Origin's over (though I wish it wasn't)
Round 14
Tigers v Raiders 14k
Wahs v The 15k
Titans v Souths 15k
Cronulla v Brisbane 13k (sellout)
Easfs v Berries 10k (selling very poorly for some reason)
Cows v Storm 18k
Pamfers v No Ryles 18k

Total: 103k
Average: 14.7k

yakstorm

First Grade
It's actually selling pretty well, Category 1 is down to limited seats, with most sold out or single seats only.

Over 14K had been sold for the match late last week. If the weather holds, it's a chance for a sell out.

In Auckland, there are less than 50 Grandstand seats left, so should be 20K+

Pneuma

First Grade
Round 14
Tigers v Raiders 14k
Wahs v The 15k
Titans v Souths 15k
Cows v Storm 18k
Pamfers v No Ryles 18k

Reckon you are about 10000 short with a few more attending Warriors, Roosters and Panthers games but pretty much spot on with the rest.

Vibing

Juniors
Round 14
Tigers v Raiders 14k
Wahs v The 15k
Titans v Souths 15k
Cows v Storm 18k
Pamfers v No Ryles 18k

Pax was 14K for the Chooks & dogs on Monday , will be close to a sellout.
Warriors V Dolphins bordering on a sellout as well

Last edited:

yakstorm

First Grade
yeah - reckon a deal for 2 origin games should be the bribe to get governments to update region stadiums
Could try it with Newcastle and Canberra
The NRL could throw in a couple of Kangaroos Tests and a Women's Origin matches as well if they needed to pad out the offering.

A finished Hunter Stadium would fit almost 40K, so the NRL wouldn't be forfeiting that much from a crowd perspective.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The NRL could throw in a couple of Kangaroos Tests and a Women's Origin matches as well if they needed to pad out the offering.

A finished Hunter Stadium would fit almost 40K, so the NRL wouldn't be forfeiting that much from a crowd perspective.
Problem is it is such a cash cow for the NRL that losing 15-30k seats @ $150 a ticket plus the millions interstate Govts are willing to pay in hosting rights creates a big hole in their annual revenue now its being played regularly outside NSW/Qlnd. .

Vibing

Juniors
wouldn't be 10K at Campbelltown

very very ordinary turnout.
And people seriously advocate the Tigers moving out there fulltime ?

Vibing

Juniors
Maybe fans from the past were sick sometimes having 4 venues to go to.
Balmain fans don't travel to Campbelltown
Campbelltown fans don't travel to Leichardt , or Accor or Commbank

they have 3 games at Campbelltown only & the Raiders contributed 2500 of those fans tonight

poor effort
no excuses

Dark Corner

Juniors
Balmain fans don't travel to Campbelltown
Campbelltown fans don't travel to Leichardt , or Accor or Commbank

they have 3 games at Campbelltown only & the Raiders contributed 2500 of those fans tonight

poor effort
no excuses
Since the WT have playe out of the old SFS maybe they can go a bit further North and just play out of the Central Coast...I like the name Central Coast Tigers.

Vibing

Juniors
They've been pretty neglectful of Campbelltown in recent years and often give them the same opponents (Raiders, Manly, Knights).

Between 05 - 11, when they got a better mix of matches, they averaged 15K+.
I think they made the finals every year from 05-11 , easy to support teams winning not so much when they aren't
but still

even allowing , there isn't much NRL out at Campbelltown & the limited opportunities to watch it live should be treated a bit better I think

SouthsCountry

Juniors
Reckon you are about 10000 short with a few more attending Warriors, Roosters and Panthers games but pretty much spot on with the rest.
Can't be 10k more for Penrith

But I miscalculated the Wahs and Easts by looking at the number of bays open, but some only have one seat in the bay.

SouthsCountry

Juniors
I think they made the finals every year from 05-11 , easy to support teams winning not so much when they aren't
but still

even allowing , there isn't much NRL out at Campbelltown & the limited opportunities to watch it live should be treated a bit better I think
No they only made it 05, 10 and 11