What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

SouthsCountry

Juniors
Just a random thought...

If Souths go back to Allianz in the next few years, it would make sense for Wests to move to ACCOR.

It's actually in their area, and let's face it they need a majority home ground.

Once they start winning, their supporters will come out in droves, and they have a huge dormant supporter base.

Play:

7 games at Accor
3 at Campbelltown
1 at Leichhardt
1 at Tamworth

And make sideline tickets cheaper at Accor.

They drew the majority of the 28,000 on Easter Monday and they hadn't won for 10 months.

This (along with the pipe dream of a decent season and FINALS) would activate the dormant superclub we know is there.

Iamback

Coach
I have a membership so not 100% sure on regular pricing but I believe the ends are usually $30 vs $70 for Cat 1. So more of a "finals premium" on the better seats it seems.

I saw that in force last week.

For the price of my membership, I could buy a family ticket in worse seats.

Hopefully they adjust Accor to normal prices for the Prelim

Iamback

Coach
Our GF tickets cost half of what I paid for the Storm semi. OK they are slightly worse seats but pricing is all over the place for finals.

I get paying it at Penrith and Shark Park. To an extent Newcastle. Those clubs chose smaller venues that is the trade off, but makes no sense in Melbourme

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
In the last 3 finals at AAMI the crowds have been:
20,838 (wk 1 2022 v Canberra)
21,015 (wk 2 2019 v Parra)
20,136 (wk 1 2019 v Canberra)

So 20 to 22,000 sounds about right for this Friday's game.

Of note, Melbourne have had record average home attendances this year with 18,263 for home games at AAMI and Marvel. Their previous biggest home crowd average was 16,302 in 2013.

Not too bad considering the following AFL club average crowds:
North Melbourne - 20,765
Gold Coast Suns - 13,733
GWS - 10,161
I've been slowly watching them creep up on the bottom Melbourne based AFL team attendances for a while. It will be significant when they do take over North Melbourne and hopefully they keep climbing up that ladder one by one

The_Wookie

Bench
In the last 3 finals at AAMI the crowds have been:
20,838 (wk 1 2022 v Canberra)
21,015 (wk 2 2019 v Parra)
20,136 (wk 1 2019 v Canberra)

So 20 to 22,000 sounds about right for this Friday's game.

Of note, Melbourne have had record average home attendances this year with 18,263 for home games at AAMI and Marvel. Their previous biggest home crowd average was 16,302 in 2013.

Not too bad considering the following AFL club average crowds:
North Melbourne - 20,765
Gold Coast Suns - 13,733
GWS - 10,161

small note: but North Melbourne in Melbourne averaged 29,000 this year. The average goes down significantly when counting 4 games in Hobart.

yakstorm

First Grade
Updated map for AAMI Park. Very little capacity now at the ends, pretty much single seats or nothing in most bays. Same with lower bowl.

I wonder if the NRL will look to reclassify Bay's 70 and 80 to be Cat 3 to help move some more seats in the upper section.

For the remainders in Cat 1, they are selling into Row N in Bay 73, Row O for 77 & 84 and Row V for Bay 88.

For Cat 2, they are selling into Row K in Bay 89, J in 83, B in Bays 82 & 90 on the Western side. On the East, Row M for 72, K for 78, C for 70, 71, 79 & 80.

Storm2.png

Wb1234

Referee
Updated map for AAMI Park. Very little capacity now at the ends, pretty much single seats or nothing in most bays. Same with lower bowl.

I wonder if the NRL will look to reclassify Bay's 70 and 80 to be Cat 3 to help move some more seats in the upper section.

For the remainders in Cat 1, they are selling into Row N in Bay 73, Row O for 77 & 84 and Row V for Bay 88.

For Cat 2, they are selling into Row K in Bay 89, J in 83, B in Bays 82 & 90 on the Western side. On the East, Row M for 72, K for 78, C for 70, 71, 79 & 80.

View attachment 79385
Purple is the right colour lmao

morley101

Juniors
It looks like they released more seats in AAMI park most bays have seats available, They should make Bay 71 Storm supporters bay and Bay 70 and 80 Cat 3 and Bay 79 Roosters Supporters Bay.

Steel Saints

Juniors
Just a random thought...

If Souths go back to Allianz in the next few years, it would make sense for Wests to move to ACCOR.

It's actually in their area, and let's face it they need a majority home ground.

Once they start winning, their supporters will come out in droves, and they have a huge dormant supporter base.

Play:

7 games at Accor
3 at Campbelltown
1 at Leichhardt
1 at Tamworth

And make sideline tickets cheaper at Accor.

They drew the majority of the 28,000 on Easter Monday and they hadn't won for 10 months.

This (along with the pipe dream of a decent season and FINALS) would activate the dormant superclub we know is there.
Too many "home grounds". Tigers should try to restrict themselves to just two. Have six games at Accor, six at Campbelltown.

The teams that made the top four don't have four home grounds.

Last edited:

yakstorm

First Grade
It looks like they released more seats in AAMI park most bays have seats available, They should make Bay 71 Storm supporters bay and Bay 70 and 80 Cat 3 and Bay 79 Roosters Supporters Bay.
Yeah they have... the sideline ones were to be expected, but I'm surprised how many behind the posts have been released. Explains why @Willy2452 PAX was around the 13K mark on Tuesday, despite it being closer to 16K worth of seats being allocated.

Wb1234

Referee
Yeah they have... the sideline ones were to be expected, but I'm surprised how many behind the posts have been released. Explains why @Willy2452 PAX was around the 13K mark on Tuesday, despite it being closer to 16K worth of seats being allocated.
Sounds like the sales are good ?

it’s up against some big fumbler game so even better

moffla

Bench
Same seat members had up until yesterday to claim their seat. Those seats have been released now which explains a bit