What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 26-24 Brisbane @ Accor

Grand Final: Penrith v Brisbane

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 62 72.9%
  • Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 23 27.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Generalzod

Immortal
Nah the refs will do their best to keep it interesting and prevent too much of a blow out for tv.

Remember the Melbourne v Penrith GF when it was over and people would of been switching off and Klein started just blowing phantom penalties to try get it close.

That.

Penrith should win. They are the best team in it.
I totally agree, personally it’s been a disappointing finals series with all the blow out results.

Generalzod

Immortal
Amazing isn’t it. It’s even on the Fox Sports web site; Luai is called a villain. But coke possessing, ref abusing, hair pulling Walsh is positioned as a f@cking altar boy…
Doesn‘t Tallis have any shame the guy likes rewriting his own history , he was a good player But he wasn’t a saint, he has thrown more punches than Rocky Balboa, and he is having a go at Luai pretty hypocritical if you tell me.

Doesn‘t Tallis have any shame the guy likes rewriting his own history , he was a good player But he wasn’t a saint, he has thrown more punches than Rocky Balboa, and he is having a go at Luai pretty hypocritical if you tell me.
He doesn’t like Penrith being boorish after winning grand finals (presumably referring to Kiks sining ‘Glory Glory’ or JFH’s ‘Parra are our sons’) but he went to play for the Broncos the year after Alfie sang ‘St George can’t play’ to the team HE WAS CONTRACTED TO!!

The guy is a buffoon…

the irony is I didn’t think he was too bad at the start of replacing that other guy who used to be on the show. But it is obvious someone has told him if he wants the gig full time he has to just embrace being a t0sser!

Pjf04b

Juniors
Reece Walsh is the best player in the game not Cleary. Lots of kids Tallis spoke to at the Gordon Tallis Cup in Brisbane told him so! The kids all wanted to be Walsh not Cleary, so he must be the best!
Funny thing is if you come to Penrith it is exactly opposite!

King-Gutho94

Coach
No he doesn't. He is an agenda driven merkin these days.

Look at his track record bagging the broncos whenever he had the opportunity while Bennett & Seibold were coaching them. Was it deserved some of it possibly.

Ever since his best mate Kevvie got the gig he has gone full 360 and back in love with them. He also changed his tune from bagging Seibold to bagging the players the moment Kevvie got the gig.

Generalzod

Immortal
No he doesn't. He is an agenda driven merkin these days.

Look at his track record bagging the broncos whenever he had the opportunity while Bennett & Seibold were coaching them. Was it deserved some of it possibly.

Ever since his best mate Kevvie got the gig he has gone full 360 and back in love with them. He also changed his tune from bagging Seibold to bagging the players the moment Kevvie got the gig.
Yeah he had nothing good to say about the Broncos a couple of years back, didn't he also have a falling out with Wayne Bennett.

Diesel

Referee
Team list Tuesday. Not expecting any surprises. The odds haven’t changed since Saturday

Pantherjim.

Referee
Wait. What?!?!

Well with the Raiders in the 1990s it was easy, they crushed our dreams in the 1990 GF which virtually ensured animosity towards them in the 1991.

Roosters in 2003: West vs East, visceral hatred along with the Freddy and Gus turncoatism.

Storm in 2020: Their history of rorting the cap in the past and having Premierships stripped because of it, won’t be forgiven anytime soon.

Souffs in 2021: I generally don’t dislike the Bunnies aside from this “entitlement, chip on their shoulder” mentality that some of their supporters hold (including one of my mates) but the arrogance shown by Wayne Bennett and Russel Crowe in the lead up to the GF, was enough for me to text my mate with a “get that up ya!” Especially after Critta’s intercept try.

Parra in 2022: Doesn’t need explaining. From our traditional rivalry to the “big brother” mentality Parra fans have when it comes to us. Pure visceral hatred.

Broncos 2023: ? Aside from Reece Walsh whom I find mildly annoying, I can’t really find much to detest about the Broncs. Don’t get me wrong, I hope we beat them, but if we do win, the sweetness over the victory for mine will be for other reasons than Brisbane not making it.

gUt

Coach
One thing that gives me a little confidence is we beat this full strength Riff side in Round 1 with a couple of our best out.

Then of course in round 12 this same Riff side did beat us by 11

I think it shows there is not the gap between us that many seem to suppose.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
One thing that gives me a little confidence is we beat this full strength Riff side in Round 1 with a couple of our best out.

Then of course in round 12 this same Riff side did beat us by 11

I think it shows there is not the gap between us that many seem to suppose.
Not sure how much you can take from round 1 with us learning to play without Api and Kiks. Then in round 12 Reynolds was out.....

I honestly think Penrith 13+

Latest posts