What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Grand Final Panthers vs Broncos

Pugzley

That was a close one though. Although the Bronx first try was held up, I reckon.

FpLJ3so.0.gif

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Holy f**k i was so wrong about you merkins. God damn i hate you merkins but i respect you guys as an NRL side. You guys are one of the best NRL sides this game will ever see. That was an absolute masterclass of a performance from Nathan Cleary and he will go down as one of the all time greats of the game.

Anyway i cant wait to see you lose next year.

JJ

Immortal
I was a Penrith fan in 89-94, 91 was so special - the Warriors came along...

This must rival 91 (who know what that team could have done), but this one is, imo, clearly the greatest of the modern era - very special, Penrith must have been rocking over night :D

Munky

Coach
Incredible win.

Played 15/20ish but gees Garner was good when he came on. Hasn’t been talked up enough I reckon. Same can be said for Cogger.

Leota is just a different beast in finals. That second stint was vintage 2022 GF.

Tago and Luai in hindsight clearly weren't fit.

Garner and Cogger must have ran on thinking how shit it is to take the field during a losing grand final.

Both played out of their skins given the situation.

Fangs

Coach
I wonder if given another chance Ivan plays Tago/Luai again.

Luai comes off and we concede two down his side. However we get Cogger fresh and he was crucial in the final 20. Who knows if Cogger can have the same impact late in the game if he starts.

betcats

Referee
Got a lot to say about last but I’ll wait till I’m less hungover for most of it. Nathan deservedly gettin a huge amount of praise for that come back, but I think critta was only a tiny bit less important during that period. The plays he came up with were huge. Diving on the loose ball and offloading to Moses with broncos attack our line at 24-8 was when we started to get momentum back. Then he comes up with two forced dropouts one from about 30 or 40 out and he beats 2-3 defenders through sheer will to score a try. Big game player, gonna be missed.

Latest posts