What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Grand Final Panthers vs Broncos

Hooked

Juniors
No blame having to defend out wide. Any good half would take advantage of that.

Tago was an issue for me. Clearly injured. 100% fit next season and he will go to another level. And he needs to with Crichton gone.

I think Tago was clearly hampered by that pec injury. He probably shouldn't have played. Arguably cost Hosking a place on the bench.

BxTom

Bench
No blame having to defend out wide. Any good half would take advantage of that.

Tago was an issue for me. Clearly injured. 100% fit next season and he will go to another level. And he needs to with Crichton gone.
Don't forget, he's use to be on the other side of the ground.

Fangs

Coach
All academic now.

Earlier this year he was on fire, just about the best centre in the comp. The injuries and positional switches are really tough to handle. Easier for a guy like Crichton who has been doing it for years now.

Black Diamond

Juniors
He did in a later interview. He said Credit to Penrith, they were fantastic, obviously led by Nathan Cleary. “I've got no words, I can't sum that one up.

I won't judge someone after a heartbreaking loss for not saying it on stage. I wouldn't want a mic in my face straight after that.
I thought it was very ordinary. Doing it later is not quite the same as at the Premiership presentation. I thought it was disrespectful. No matter how gutted he was, he is Club Captain and has a job to do and that includes having a mic shoved in his face to speak on behalf of his club. He is representing his club and needs to get it right as he is club spokesman at that point in time regardless of how he is feeling. It is his job.

Wizardman

First Grade
I thought it was very ordinary. Doing it later is not quite the same as at the Premiership presentation. I thought it was disrespectful. No matter how gutted he was, he is Club Captain and has a job to do and that includes having a mic shoved in his face to speak on behalf of his club. He is representing his club and needs to get it right as he is club spokesman at that point in time regardless of how he is feeling. It is his job.
Im glad he had a shit game.....but he copped a bit of a injury and had a shit game to go with it. The man is human and he certainly looked absolutely devastated. I have no doubt that Reynolds did not mean to not congratulate the Panthers....he certainly does not seem like that kind of human to me.

Yeah, a lot of the panther players in the interviews, they were quick to praise the broncos even before praising their own.

In other words, some humility in victory.

And that endears them to all fans.

I said it earlier, the personal growth and development of the panthera has risen sharply over the last few years.

Thats going to serve everyone better now and in the long run.

Good for fans, sponsors and everyone concerned.

I live in the catchment, I don’t want to be labeled as being a frat boy or selfish.

I love the game and don’t expect perfection, but take kindly to players taking the lead.

It’s a very good premiership experience for all concerned. Except the broncos, but they are on the up. They tried hard, but it wasn’t to be.

Rugby League is not a fairy tale.

Smug has spoken, let no person wonder!

Last edited:
And to be fair, you can’t roster Jesse Arthur’s or the walters boy and expect dominance. They’d struggle to play for the comets.

Capewell had a good ex-smug knock.

They tried to intimidate you, madness!

I was thinking “ wtf broncos, do you know who you are f**king with? - stupid!”

They were embarrassing themselves lol

None of them amped up, it was all cowardly pearl grabbing posturing nonsense. Tactical of course. Nice one Kev.

Justice was metered out to broncos bully boy tactics.

And Rennos hip-milk. Ludicrous.

Last edited:

Pomoz

Bench
The thing that went unnoticed was that our starting middles were winning. Flegler went off and came back on with a HIA so instead of coming back when our starters did he came on and turned the game against our bench.
I noticed it. Spencer is good, Smith is OK, but JFH and Leota are nails hard. Once they came back on, and Mitch Kenny went back to hooker, the Broncos stopped making metres. Haas went quiet, Carrigan stopped making breaks.

They always talk about run metres and tackles and how Haas is a freak and AFB is the best prop etc. But when all is said and done, nobody gets it over our two props. They are the best props in the NRL. Cleary doesn't get anything without these two stopping the Broncos momentum. Legends.

Blues Riff

Bench
No mate , I've got to step in here and defend Reyno. The interview with Gallen was approx 6 minutes after full time - well before the presentation. He acknowledged Cleary and the opposition in general without being prompted. It must have slipped his mind later which is understandable. The bloke was devastated. He's a good fella is Adam.

murraymob

Coach
The golden run we are on would be complete if we can add the world club championship .we May be a long time in getting another shot

The golden run we are on would be complete if we can add the world club championship .we May be a long time in getting another shot
No way chum.

We all know the World Cup championship pretty much constitutes an off season training run for you guys.

Plus you have some quality arriving next year. Dane could still be anything, naturally gifted.

I can’t see any let up on smug.

That’s the bold statement this gf made to the world. No one shall pass. The door is locked.

Rugby League is a sport owned by the Penrith Panthers. That’s all anyone needs to know to understand and master the game. Full stop.

Besides, not many ex panthers regather their mojo.

Especially at the bulldogs. The panther retirement village.

They are trying to copy you, but Ivan and co are way ahead of the curve and adjust to new seasons.

As @hindy111 suggested. He’s a knowledgeable soul.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
No way chum.

We all know the World Cup championship pretty much constitutes an off season training run for you guys.

Plus you have some quality arriving next year. Dane could still be anything, naturally gifted.

I can’t see any let up on smug.

That’s the bold statement this gf made to the world. No one shall pass. The door is locked.

Rugby League is a sport owned by the Penrith Panthers. That’s all anyone needs to know to understand and master the game. Full stop.

Besides, not many ex panthers regather their mojo.

Especially at the bulldogs. The panther retirement village.

They are trying to copy you, but Ivan and co are way ahead of the curve and adjust to new seasons.

As @hindy111 suggested. He’s a knowledgeable soul.

Nobody in the side is 30 yet bar I think Sorrenson.
They do lose Spencer who gives them a real wrecking ball off the bench amd Crighton who had an amazing season. And a huge grand final.
But Brsbane do lose Flegger and Herbie. That's just as big a hit along with Reynolds being 33 and injury prone.

How do Penrith improve? I think Nathan can still get even better. Turuva and Tago will continue to improve. While the rest should stay at similar levels. Nobody is in decline due to age.
Taylan May fills a spot but he is no Crighton. Alamoti may suprise and then there is the young Mclean.
Lindsay Smith I thought was very poor but it was hot and he is a very big unit and in his first year of NRL. I still think they will be a strong side for the next 3 seasons. After that some of the key forwards may slide a little form wise. But in that time a Jnr may come thru and replace them.

Still will be a very strong side in 2024 I feel. I can see 1 or 2 juniors just popping up and making a name for themself by the end of the season.

This is perhaps the best footy side we've seen since a salary cap was introduced. Brilliant.

Latest posts