What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Grand Final Panthers vs Broncos

Goonji

Juniors
I heard half of the Broncos teams WAGS are having babies the night before the Grand Final too. 😎

maple_69

Bench
As with the Souths match up I can see us controlling possession and territory while Brisbane counter punch from their own half and have some success. That type of game is one the controlling team wins 8/10 times though and that's how our games with Souths have gone over this period.

We 100% have some trick shots in the bag. We've brought them out in every finals game we've needed to the last few years. We don't spend the whole year preparing for 1 or 2 big games and not have something up the sleeve.

Ultimately I think we play a similar game to last year. Go after them with a blitzkrieg in the first 20 and put them under pressure.

Hooked

Juniors
Luai demonstrated his commitment to the Panthers by returning in four weeks when the usual recovery time for a dislocated shoulder is a minimum six weeks. He even passed on all painkillers.
“There was always a risk [coming back early], and there will still be risk next week, but the shoulder has been managed well, and the prelim will only give him more confidence,” Cleary said.

Sime_11

Juniors
GF party at home with Friends & family - last year was my first GF experience and it cant get any better than that.

i hope another Penrith fan goes this week to the stadium and experiences the joy of GF day - the result and celebrations included :)

BxTom

Bench
It has been reported that Kevin Walters is in doubt for the game. Doctors have diagnosed him with an extreme case of long running constipation. Due to being on prune juice for the last month, emergency services have banned him from attending the game due to the fact that he is so full of sh!t, they are frightened that he may explode.

Sunday Crichton will play his 100th game, also I find it ironic we played the Broncos in our opening round, and we face them in the grand final.

Also Adam Gee is the ref

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1695705758402.jpg
    FB_IMG_1695705758402.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
It has been reported that Kevin Walters is in doubt for the game. Doctors have diagnosed him with an extreme case of long running constipation. Due to being on prune juice for the last month, emergency services have banned him from attending the game due to the fact that he is so full of sh!t, they are frightened that he may explode.
Advantage Broncos with that one. Said by Selwyn Cobbo ***allegedly.

hindy111

Post Whore
He obviously doesn't rate Cleary. He made the comment, and I'm paraphrasing here, if the Panthers win then he has matched Sterling, but it still doesn't make him an elite player.

He obviously doesn't rate the Panthers either. We are a "polarising team", apparently. Brent Read supported him in that assertion and surprisingly, Rothfield said we are not (polarising).

Maybe we are, I don't know if I can have perspective as a biased fan. It amazes me though, that people would rather support a big city team, owned by a giant corporation (News Corp), given endless Friday night football to help boost their profile and sponsorship income, than a team from a small town, owned by the locals and comprised mainly of local lads. It makes no sense. They are cheering the Empire and should be cheering the Jedi Knights instead.

Brisbane are far more exciting to watch. They are the entertainers, an excitement machine. The football they play is highly attractive and they come at you.
Penrith are more like a machine. Like they are playing a game of chess. Slowly they gain assertion and strangle the life out of the opposition before they strike. Almost like they are killing them slowly.

If the passes stick Brisbane are going to give this a real shake. But if a few of them go to ground and Penrith get into the grind and normal routine I imagine they'll crush them.

It's easy for your average fans also not to understand defence and patience. A great example in the NFL is TOM BRADY. He was hardly flashy or able to do anything out of this world but his patience, clutch plays and game management made him the GOAT. Something Tallis I don't think would understand.

WALSH also has very poor defense for a fullback. And he has the tendency to overplay his hand at times. Don't get me wrong he is the most exciting players I have seen since Hayne 2009. But he has many faults still to work on.