What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Grand Final Panthers vs Broncos

maple_69

Bench
Toxic journos aside, as far as I've seen, sentiment towards Penrith has started turning to respect this year after there was a lot of tall poppy salt and arrogant accusations the last few years. I think our side has matured and settled down, confident in their place at the top. Luai throwing the odd well placed grenade into the public sphere aside, its a pretty chill group these days. For a side in their 4th grand final in a row, going for a threepeat, its amazing how many neutrals ARE on Penrith over Brisbane.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Brisbane are far more exciting to watch. They are the entertainers, an excitement machine. The football they play is highly attractive and they come at you.
Penrith are more like a machine. Like they are playing a game of chess. Slowly they gain assertion and strangle the life out of the opposition before they strike. Almost like they are killing them slowly.

If the passes stick Brisbane are going to give this a real shake. But if a few of them go to ground and Penrith get into the grind and normal routine I imagine they'll crush them.

It's easy for your average fans also not to understand defence and patience. A great example in the NFL is TOM BRADY. He was hardly flashy or able to do anything out of this world but his patience, clutch plays and game management made him the GOAT. Something Tallis I don't think would understand.

WALSH also has very poor defense for a fullback. And he has the tendency to overplay his hand at times. Don't get me wrong he is the most exciting players I have seen since Hayne 2009. But he has many faults still to work on.
Walsh isn't even half of peak Turbo

Black Diamond

Juniors
Brisbane are far more exciting to watch. They are the entertainers, an excitement machine. The football they play is highly attractive and they come at you.
Penrith are more like a machine. Like they are playing a game of chess. Slowly they gain assertion and strangle the life out of the opposition before they strike. Almost like they are killing them slowly.

If the passes stick Brisbane are going to give this a real shake. But if a few of them go to ground and Penrith get into the grind and normal routine I imagine they'll crush them.

It's easy for your average fans also not to understand defence and patience. A great example in the NFL is TOM BRADY. He was hardly flashy or able to do anything out of this world but his patience, clutch plays and game management made him the GOAT. Something Tallis I don't think would understand.

WALSH also has very poor defense for a fullback. And he has the tendency to overplay his hand at times. Don't get me wrong he is the most exciting players I have seen since Hayne 2009. But he has many faults still to work on.
Good analogy.

Walsh might be flashy and a handful in attack but comparing fullbacks, give me Edwards and his military precision in ordering our defence any day.

Pretty boy just runs around flapping his hands trying to tackle on the line.

Bring on the Panther machine! I'm ready to watch the strangulation and the slow death of the Groncos lol.

MugaB

Coach
Did you respond with the wrong account @MugaB?
Huh, you got rocks in your head if you think im silverdale... just coz someone laughs at his petty jokes dont mean they are thesame person.. a have no alts, although i do love the "chins get the wins" name, that is a top notch username, too bad the guy using it, is a bit ofa flog most days, but atleast he is our penrith flog... reminds me of Romy

MugaB

Coach

If the passes stick? You mean if the forward passes are overlooked.. fmd, i saw 5 fwd passes that game against the warriors, the more notable one was the only one everyone picked up, and the warriors got pinged for a line ball at the ruck, ref's must either be blind or on the take, that was blatent

Pomoz

Bench
There are five people who will decide the fate of this game. JFH, Martin, Leota, Kenny and Leniu. They win the battle in the forwards, we win. Simple as that. Lose that battle, the offloads start, field position is lost and we lose. They have more pace than us everywhere. Literally, in every position in the back five they are quicker.

If they can reproduce what they did against the Parra forwards, we can win this. Character and fitness will win this for us, nothing else. We can't out-skill them.

You forgot to add Lindsay Smith
I didn't forget to add Lindsay Smith, or Yeo. Nobody is scared of getting belted by these two. Yeo is an amazing tackler, but he doesn't hurt people. Lindsay is a good player, but nobody is trying to avoid him.

The other boys, on the other hand are tough dudes who try and knock the opposition into a different time zone and very often succeed. If we let Carrigan, Flegler and Haas dominate us, we lose the game. We have to feed our boys raw steak all week, show them Rocky 1 and 2 and "unleash the Kraken"!

GongPanther

Referee
I've followed the Panthers since game one 1967.

Lots of bad times and struggling seasons but I have always stuck solid.

I've listened to the garbage about the junior league nursery, but in fairness, the Broncos have had the entire capital city of Brisbane for 35 years. Now they get local competition in the Dolphins, they get serious.

The Eastern suburbs, North shore and the pretenders from the Shire have always just thought of Penrith as a side to make up the numbers.

We "westie's" were only meant to do their gardening and wash their cars, NOT win the footy comp.

We might not win the premiership every year in the future, but it won't take a genius, or a so called "entitled" person east of Parramatta to know that the Panthers will be around the top of the ladder for years to come.

Win or lose this week, we have a club to be extremely proud of.
Here, here! Well said!

Latest posts