What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

Reflector

Juniors

The Dragons are delighted to welcome KFC as Red V partners for the 2023 Telstra Premiership season.

The KFC logo will be displayed below the playing numbers on the back of Dragons players' jerseys this year.

"KFC is a proud supporter of footy, and we couldn’t be more thrilled to champion the passion of fans through our partnership with the Dragons," said Sally Spriggs, CMO KFC Australia.

"As we approach the season kick-off for 2023, KFC looks forward to celebrating the Dragons’ achievements with fans and connecting them with the sport (and food) they love."

Dragons CEO Ryan Webb was pleased to welcome KFC as jersey sponsors for the coming season.

"This is a partnership which will result in great business outcomes for both organisations," Webb said.

"To have such a strong, international brand in KFC joining our club shows there is belief in where we are heading.

"As we continue to strengthen our pathways systems and bring more local juniors through to our NRL squad with the benefit of our Dragons Academy, partnerships such as this one with KFC will only help bolster our strength as a club and as a business."

View attachment 70175
Could so easily have had KFC in a red font, which is entirely common for their branding...

The Great Dane

First Grade
The pink sells in penrith, they wont divert from that for a while, i do have that away jersey from early 2000s, its one if my favourites, nice to see it back again
Making a version of it in pink would be even better.

Change the top half to a shade of light pink and there you go, you've got a workable new design that's inspired by an old one without being a replica, and that'd look pretty good in it's own right.

Dawesy76

Juniors
So are the sharks wearing a training jersey because their others aren’t ready yet or is it a ‘f**k the nrl’ thing?

KingTigerman

Juniors

The Dragons are delighted to welcome KFC as Red V partners for the 2023 Telstra Premiership season.

The KFC logo will be displayed below the playing numbers on the back of Dragons players' jerseys this year.

"KFC is a proud supporter of footy, and we couldn’t be more thrilled to champion the passion of fans through our partnership with the Dragons," said Sally Spriggs, CMO KFC Australia.

"As we approach the season kick-off for 2023, KFC looks forward to celebrating the Dragons’ achievements with fans and connecting them with the sport (and food) they love."

Dragons CEO Ryan Webb was pleased to welcome KFC as jersey sponsors for the coming season.

"This is a partnership which will result in great business outcomes for both organisations," Webb said.

"To have such a strong, international brand in KFC joining our club shows there is belief in where we are heading.

"As we continue to strengthen our pathways systems and bring more local juniors through to our NRL squad with the benefit of our Dragons Academy, partnerships such as this one with KFC will only help bolster ourŹzzzzzz strength as aHow many teams are lfc club and as a business."

How many teams are KFC sponsoring this year

MugaB

Coach
Making a version of it in pink would be even better.

Change the top half to a shade of light pink and there you go, you've got a workable new design that's inspired by an old one without being a replica, and that'd look pretty good in it's own right.
I was thinking the same a few years back... i wanted them to male a licorice allsorts in reverse, so the stripes were on the shoulders, and black was on the torso... if they did that, fade tge stripes a bit, and turn it that light shade of pink you suggested, i think its a winner

big hit!

Bench
I've seen Canterbury's new jersey in their pathways games, and it's taking a bit of getting used to. I'm not really liking it.

hellteam

First Grade
Does Harvey Norman really need to be plastered over the Indigenous artwork on the back of the jersey

It's Been Done

Juniors
The Ref's jerseys in the All Stars game looks like it's based on Parramatta's 1981 jersey with the yellow making it look closer to the A-League's Wellington Phoenix

flippikat

Bench
So are the sharks wearing a training jersey because their others aren’t ready yet or is it a ‘f**k the nrl’ thing?
In the past the NRL has been pretty casual about training jerseys in trials - I remember the Warriors using training jerseys a few times.

I thought that the NRL may have been a bit more stringent given that the trial games this year are part of a competition, but I really don't mind - actually I think it's good to see unique strips in the pre-season, especially since we don't get the fashion show of a Nines tournament anymore.

Oh, and I can absolutely see this training jersey as a Sharks home jersey. It looks great!

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Just something some clubs do - Warriors and Canterbury notably in the last decade play trials in training jerseys (e.g. the CB jumper in grey the Bulldogs used last year)

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeah, the design they're wearing as alternate/away, and a predominantly green (with white & black trim elements & shorts) as home.
Yeh would make a nice change from red or blue. Maybe if Wellington get the nod for team 18 they may choose something similar?

flippikat

Bench
Yeh would make a nice change from red or blue. Maybe if Wellington get the nod for team 18 they may choose something similar?
Whether it's Wellington or Christchurch-based, I strongly believe a "province neutral" colour scheme is the way to go - not the black & yellow of Wellington, nor the red & black of Canterbury province (Christchurch) - and I think green, black & white is perfect.

Latest posts