What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

yakstorm

First Grade
Because they can.
Anyway sold out in a day. I missed out.
I like that the club is wearing something special for the match. I'm a bit surprised with the kit they're using as inspiration (2001 away), but regardless still a nice kit.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Why not is the better question?

It's a special occasion, a one off special jersey is a good way to celebrate it, and it's a good way to capitalise on the occasion.

If the design is popular and the Panthers are smart they'll look to make that design an away or alternate jersey in a future season.

Blues Riff

Bench
I like that the club is wearing something special for the match. I'm a bit surprised with the kit they're using as inspiration (2001 away), but regardless still a nice kit.
The teal and rust stripes will be worn a lot this season to celebrate the '03 Premiership. I guess this WCC strip fits in with the theme.

1675947689566.png
1675947507161.png

MugaB

Coach
PE 2001b.png
Early 2000s away kit,
This year they are celebrating the 2003 GF vs the Roosters, and they've already released the 2003 GF home jersey for that game later on this year, they're using that away strip they had back then for this St.Helens game

MugaB

Coach
Why not is the better question?

It's a special occasion, a one off special jersey is a good way to celebrate it, and it's a good way to capitalise on the occasion.

If the design is popular and the Panthers are smart they'll look to make that design an away or alternate jersey in a future season.
The pink sells in penrith, they wont divert from that for a while, i do have that away jersey from early 2000s, its one if my favourites, nice to see it back again

Blues Riff

Bench
Re-read my post again....carefully
@yakstorm has a point, however I think the colours fit the theme of this years celebrations.
The original away strip never sold well and was replaced with that crazy thing Girds is wearing.
Funnily enough though, the WCC jersey sold out in two hours.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

The Dragons are delighted to welcome KFC as Red V partners for the 2023 Telstra Premiership season.

The KFC logo will be displayed below the playing numbers on the back of Dragons players' jerseys this year.

"KFC is a proud supporter of footy, and we couldn’t be more thrilled to champion the passion of fans through our partnership with the Dragons," said Sally Spriggs, CMO KFC Australia.

"As we approach the season kick-off for 2023, KFC looks forward to celebrating the Dragons’ achievements with fans and connecting them with the sport (and food) they love."

Dragons CEO Ryan Webb was pleased to welcome KFC as jersey sponsors for the coming season.

"This is a partnership which will result in great business outcomes for both organisations," Webb said.

"To have such a strong, international brand in KFC joining our club shows there is belief in where we are heading.

"As we continue to strengthen our pathways systems and bring more local juniors through to our NRL squad with the benefit of our Dragons Academy, partnerships such as this one with KFC will only help bolster our strength as a club and as a business."

1675987516416.png

yakstorm

First Grade
Re-read my post again....carefully
I did, multiple times. You write about the fact the club was already celebrating their 2003 premiership and then write "they're using that away strip they had back then"

Back then could mean back in 2003 or it could be meant in a broader sense, hence I asked the question as my only recollection of Panthers kits in 2003 were the predominantly black & the teal-purple one, but I didn't know for certain and remember multiple times in that period clubs sometimes making up rules and wearing kits from previous years (ie. My Storm wore a kit from a previous year against the Panthers around 2002 - 2004 and got fined for it) or having variations that weren't used much.

There was no intended malice, and sorry if it came across that way, I was just curious & seeking clarification.

MugaB

Coach
I did, multiple times. You write about the fact the club was already celebrating their 2003 premiership and then write "they're using that away strip they had back then"

Back then could mean back in 2003 or it could be meant in a broader sense, hence I asked the question as my only recollection of Panthers kits in 2003 were the predominantly black & the teal-purple one, but I didn't know for certain and remember multiple times in that period clubs sometimes making up rules and wearing kits from previous years (ie. My Storm wore a kit from a previous year against the Panthers around 2002 - 2004 and got fined for it) or having variations that weren't used much.

There was no intended malice, and sorry if it came across that way, I was just curious & seeking clarification.
I wrote "Early 2000s away kit" and posted a pic,
Penrith wore this away jersey for 3 years (2000-2002)
Then i went onto talk about the 2003 GF home jersey... i never said it was worn that 2003 season

MugaB

Coach
@yakstorm has a point, however I think the colours fit the theme of this years celebrations.
The original away strip never sold well and was replaced with that crazy thing Girds is wearing.
Funnily enough though, the WCC jersey sold out in two hours.
I bought the original in 2001, i dont think it sold coz we weren't a great team, infact we ended up wodden spooning by seasons end, not much of support for a mediocre team, nothing wrong with the design tho

Blues Riff

Bench
I bought the original in 2001, i dont think it sold coz we weren't a great team, infact we ended up wodden spooning by seasons end, not much of support for a mediocre team, nothing wrong with the design tho
I didn't say there was anything wrong with the design, it just didn't sell. I picked one up from Peter Wynn for 40 bucks at the end of 2001.
By 2003 the club wanted something radical and gave the designer carte blanc to come up with something based on the colour palate of the black jersey. He obviously took it literally and as well as the teal and rust, he also used the yellow from the eyes of the logo, as well as the purple shading. I'm not sure how well that one sold either, but it's now a collectors item.