What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Knights Injuries and Suspensions

Edit: Not an approved source.

Jacob SaifitiSuspensionRound 8
Adam ElliottGroinIndefinite
Kalyn PongaConcussionIndefinite
Krystian MapapalangiShoulderIndefinite
Simi SasagiShoulderIndefinite
Add that Mann will probably miss next week due to head knock.

Injury update.
"Adam Clune suffered a fractured hand playing NSW Cup on Sunday and will undergo surgery this week, no return to play timelines have been determined at this stage.
Kurt Mann will be unavailable for selection due to the compulsory concussion standown requirements after being assessed as category 1 HIA against the Raiders on Sunday.

Kalyn Ponga, as per our media statement, has flown to Vancouver to gain further knowledge about his concussion, with results not expected back this week, we will continue to update when appropriate.

Adam Elliott and Krystian Mapapalangi remain within the rehab squad whist continuing to work though their respective return to performance programs."

Ponga update. Not sure how to read it.
"Ponga posted to Instagram on Friday afternoon declaring the trip had been "incredibly positive" and that "the goal of finding more information has been achieved".
"I have clarity around what I need to do for my recover but not only that, how I can improve my brain function and performance has been reassuring for me," Ponga wrote."

Ponga update. Not sure how to read it.
"Ponga posted to Instagram on Friday afternoon declaring the trip had been "incredibly positive" and that "the goal of finding more information has been achieved".
"I have clarity around what I need to do for my recover but not only that, how I can improve my brain function and performance has been reassuring for me," Ponga wrote."
Screenshot_20230331-220249-371.png

perverse

Referee
Bit of a weird post, but I mean he signs off with be back soon. Seems pretty positive overall.

Needs to find a way to stop having his noggin rocked, though.

Burwood

Bench
Has the club injury report always been this useless? Mentions several players, but not once is a timeframe given for their return.

ryan.a87

Juniors
Has the club injury report always been this useless? Mentions several players, but not once is a timeframe given for their return.

I literally came to post the exact same comment

“here’s a list of injured players, your guess is as good as mine on their return”

mozza91

Coach
Who’s in charge of the social media these days?
Is it old mate who does the podcast with Croker?
He seems more interested in being mates with the players rather than putting anything worthwhile together.

ryan.a87

Juniors
If my maths is right, that gives him 5 games with us where is plays pretty average, before he goes onto killing it at origin, only to get another injury and be out for the year

HarVeeGee

Juniors
Reece will be averaging over a try and an assist per game by the time Origin rolls around with how dominant Brisbane have been, the only thing that will stop him from being picked now is if the Maroons coach gets pissy about people calling the kid “the new Billy Slater”.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I wonder if Ponga’s history with head knocks will start to count against him when it comes to Origin selection. He rarely plays 80 mins these days because he either gets KO’d or the independent doctor forces him off for a mandatory 15 mins after an innocuous knock.

If I were Billy Slater and the selection panel I’d be considering whether it’s worth picking a guy who has a high probability of not playing the full 80 which then disrupts the makeup of the team and the bench etc. it’s an interesting conundrum.

Burwood

Bench
Looking at the draw, if Ponga gets a head knock in either game 2 or 3 of SoO, he’ll be forced to sit out the following 2 games for Newcastle due to the 11 day forced layoff.

But the first hurdle is that he does need to be selected for Queensland- he’s not going to replace Munster at 5/8 and Walsh is doing enough to earn the fullback position on form. Plus he would have only had one game at fullback since game 3 last year.

Latest posts