What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Origin I - Wed 31 May - NSW 18-26 QLD @ Adelaide

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • Queensland

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Billy Slater said he had mixed feelings about the match. NSW did all the things necessary to win the match. Winning the battle of possession and position. QLD scored some lucky long range tries and stopped 2 by the skin of their teeth. That's not sustainable. Unless Qld improve, NSW will win the series. Especially with Hynes at 5/8th, with the ability to put players over for tries near the line and NSW were near their line a lot.
Yo butternut, wtf!!

I do believe that with the strike power that NSW have you are still favourites to win the series.

But! Our tries came from pretty lovely shifts, individual brilliance, a perfectly timed kick, Cobbo pinning his ears back and embarrassing eshay Luai and ‘let’s TrOt’, and a dumb front rower giving more of a shit to contest a ball than your coaches bum-buddy of a fullback.

On the other hand, two of the NSW tries came from QLD errors. One included a NSW knock on.

Not to mention Flegler getting binned for breathing.

I said it after game three - stop picking Samoans that don’t give a f**k about the state (and only care about the $15k and attention) - did you watch them mouthbreathe through the anthem? I’ve seen white bitches sloshed on frozen daiquiris display more passion during a Whitney song at weddings than half your team show during our country's anthem and your state's jersey on this games biggest stage.

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach
Don’t get the Teddy hate he tried his best , more than what the halves did all game. There are some people who put the defeat squarely on Hynes, the bloke played for 5 minutes , I hope he doesn’t kicked picked at all wouldn’t want to play for this origin shit show.
His best wasn’t good enough especially defensively as he had some sort of fault in 4 of the 5 Qld tries, Luai had about half as many touches as Tedesco but looked way more dangerous, he actually gave his outside men some ball, Tedesco on the other hand was running around like an under 8s player from side to side whilst ignoring his teammates

Canard

Immortal

soc123_au

Staff member
Flegler hit with with Grade 2.

Haha, the NRL don't give a f**k.

Foxx and Luai can dogshot all game, but an accidental head clash gets a charge.
Shoulder to the head, it was clear as day. I don't think it should have been a sin bin, but lets at least be honest about the contact.

Luia's swinging arm was not even close to making contact with the head, what could they penalise him for?

Canard

Immortal
Shoulder to the head, it was clear as day. I don't think it should have been a sin bin, but lets at least be honest about the contact.

Luia's swinging arm was not even close to making contact with the head, what could they penalise him for?

It's an accidental head clash, and a penalty at worst. Especially at Origin level that's a shit decision.

Radley was running around taking heads off mere weeks ago and not even getting so much as a penalty. It's like they change the rules to suit the side they want to see win.

You're OK with dog shotting players on the ground?