What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R8 Fri - Parramatta 16-26 Brisbane @ TIO (Darwin)

Round 8: Parramatta v Brisbane

• Parramatta Eels

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
LOL! The movie on ch 9 after the post game show is called "Man On A Ledge".

Wonder who at Nine thought this was a good idea?

Hip drops are extremely dangerous tackles. Invented by Craig Bellamy. I support the NRL stamping it out of the game
Are they? I saw 50 plus tonight not penalised, whatever constitutes a hip drop is beyond me.
Those two blokes that got sent tonight were hard done by in a big way.
Please explain why Hopgood & Mam got sent for 10?

fourplay

Juniors
I was appalled with Hopgoods so called hip drop, disgraceful at best..then Mams was even more confusing. Was Mam supposed to not tackle & let old mate score a try untouched?

He can try using a safer tackling technique that doesn't involve grabbing the waist of the player, taking both feet off the ground and doing a hip raise before dumping his centre of mass on the players lower legs? There are hundreds of tackles every game that don't involve this type of movement. If you let a player go past you, why not just wrap the legs and drag your feet behind you? Why does he have to raise his hips so it's like he's sitting on an imaginary chair?

lockscombi

Juniors
Let me explain what a classic hip drop tackle is. If a defending players legs leaves the ground, and his whole body weight lands on the attacking players legs. That is a hip drop. It can cause so much damage to the legs of the attacking player.

I understand it can be frustrating because ALOT of players will need to change their tackling techniques. Sometimes they are forced to hip drop to save trys. We will see plenty more sin bins until players learn to adapt to the new rules

lockscombi

Juniors
Ok...so was Mam supposed to let the parra player stroll past for a try because he was afraid he'd get sent for making a tackle?
I reckon you've been hipdropped on the head a as child by that response.
You can say nasty things towards me until the cows come home mate. I at least know what a hip drop is. You do not

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Let me explain what a classic hip drop tackle is. If a defending players legs leaves the ground, and his whole body weight lands on the attacking players legs. That is a hip drop. It can cause so much damage to the legs of the attacking player.

I understand it can be frustrating because ALOT of players will need to change their tackling techniques. Sometimes they are forced to hip drop to save trys. We will see plenty more sin bins until players learn to adapt to the new rules
The NRL have no idea what a hip drop is.

Someguy

First Grade
So Parra have decent go forward and acceptable outiside backs. Seems the issue is everything has to be about Moses and gutho. Dylan brown should have far more influence on the attack and let the showboats do the flashy stuff when appropriate. They are suffering in a similar way to the ponga focused knights

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
The problem is not that the refs are calling hip drops, you f**king idiots. Blokes aren’t breaking their legs as part of a refereeing conspiracy, it’s a real thing. The problem, as always, is grubby shit coming into the game to slow down the play the ball.