What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Maybe all these injuries are because his body cant take it at F
B, maybe a move to centre will increase his longevity.
I dont see wighton in the centre, i see him at 6,cody 7
If Wayne were the coach, he could give that news. But if JD makes that decision, there will be an almighty explosion. Probably even gets him sacked.

handyman2190

Bench
If Wayne were the coach, he could give that news. But if JD makes that decision, there will be an almighty explosion. Probably even gets him sacked.
Maybe not brother, if u sat him down showed him his last 3 years playing stats,time off with injurys etc and the fact that he can roam like he does in origin,i believe he would come round, if my informant is true,wighton and cody will end up in the halves, if we could pinch say,meany, trell could play centre.
But, i believe we have bigger problems on the horizon, unless we can get at least 2 props, and id be going hard for penriffs smith and newcastles brodie jones Then we will be short,keon if he isnt poached by the merge,canterbury or raiders, will end up at prop

callmack1

Staff member
'It's crap' - Walker confronted coach over Bunnies' 'power' drama as star rubbishes 'laughable' claim: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/e3bbe982336ef98fb20e1cc3a96de7d7

'Who?' Souths coach reveals brutal reaction to Latrell's leaked text: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...l/news-story/59c63ba522c4d9901d14ac7c43be6a9c

Legend's grim Latrell warning amid text scandal: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/news-2...ll-grief/f223f972-31d7-4cfe-941f-d54da5592905

Slater's telling response to stinging Souths allegation: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/news-2...xclusive/62f1fd33-5268-44cc-b47c-f35ba1b11024

Eric the great

Juniors
The trip arround the world the second half of the season will have to be looked at it was the end of us who ever on the south’s staff who thought it would be a good idea to travel to the four corners of the rugby league world needs to be sacked

Eric the great

Juniors
Our recruitment better be busy in the off season because if we go in with the same ageing squad with the addition of wighton who is 30 we will be in for another season of disappointment we need a halfback winger front rower and an edge forward to put some pressure on or replace keon our team needs a major overhaul as our team didn’t have the mental or physical capacity to compete for the whole season and going by previous times we have travelled I don’t think the trip to Vegas will do us any good

handyman2190

Bench
We are in for a bundle of hurt, there is noone of note to buy,recruitment as ive said all along is crap, now we are short 2 props, weve noone but alex to play fb and he cant score a try from there, no utility, no incentive for spots, thompson may be ok in nsw but he is average in first grade

Nafedogg

Juniors
Time to switch off for the remainder of the season. The club will do what is needed hopefully in the offseason, us fans cannot control that. If there’s no one of note to buy for the club then that is out of our control, it’s the same for every club. This same squad pretty much went one game short of a finals spot last year, remember that.

Don’t read the media and don’t listen to rumours, it affects some of us more then others from what I see. Although this year wasn’t to be, as we see all the time in the game it doesn’t take much for things to change.

Also remember it’s the media and is fans who pump these players up, then everyone is quick to turn on them when they don’t live up to the hype, the whole Kyle Turner thing (I know not from “bullying”) affected me a heap, these guys at the end of the day are human and let’s be honest, we all stuff up.

It’s been a ride, and I’ll see you guys next season.

Runrabbit14

Juniors
Time to switch off for the remainder of the season. The club will do what is needed hopefully in the offseason, us fans cannot control that. If there’s no one of note to buy for the club then that is out of our control, it’s the same for every club. This same squad pretty much went one game short of a finals spot last year, remember that.

Don’t read the media and don’t listen to rumours, it affects some of us more then others from what I see. Although this year wasn’t to be, as we see all the time in the game it doesn’t take much for things to change.

Also remember it’s the media and is fans who pump these players up, then everyone is quick to turn on them when they don’t live up to the hype, the whole Kyle Turner thing (I know not from “bullying”) affected me a heap, these guys at the end of the day are human and let’s be honest, we all stuff up.

It’s been a ride, and I’ll see you guys next season.
Well said !

I have a feeling that there is going to be a lot of crap regarding the team in the media over the next month or two and for some it might be best to switch off until 2024.

You don’t have a capitulation of this magnitude without a lot of dirty laundry being aired.

Are we sure the coach has been re-signed as is reported in dispatches ??

Nafedogg

Juniors
Lol that’s my point exactly, you said in one breath there is no one of note to buy, then you hear a rumour not even 24hours after the game “no new recruits”. Enjoy the offseason mate.

Hellray

Juniors
We have all these so called gun juniors who kill it at junior level then make grade and stop developing
I’d even question that the juniors coming through. None of the Flegg, sg ball or Harold matts made the semis this year and possibly last year also.
Maybe there isn’t as much talent coming through as we thinj

Eric the great

Juniors
Well that’s who demitriou is gunna rely on next year he has been quoted today stating after wighton there will be no more incoming he’s happy with what the club is developing the quotes are in zerotackle

Thumper

Juniors
We have all these so called gun juniors who kill it at junior level then make grade and stop developing
So true. Other teams always seem to bring through these gun juniors and the flourish. South’s rarely have anyone stay at the club and then kick on.

handyman2190

Bench
Manly are purging ,kelma tualagi id grab,if i was buying, even condon who showed promise and can play prop,if i was buying,which we arnt

Eric the great

Juniors
We are going into next season with same aging squad who couldn’t compete in the backend of the season and adding another old player who looked out of place in the centres tonight for Canberra against sharks gunna be another long season

Thumper

Juniors
We are going into next season with same aging squad who couldn’t compete in the backend of the season and adding another old player who looked out of place in the centres tonight for Canberra against sharks gunna be another long season
Did he look out of place?
17 runs 200m
1 line break
7 tackle breaks
11/12 tackles made.
betters than Tass has ever turned out. In a well beaten side to