What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 TV/Fox/Streaming Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
Manly weren’t even that good yesterday

game was meh
It`s an interesting point mate because when you look across the Manly team sheet there are a lot of ordinary players in there, players who aren`t particularly skilful.
I think it`s particularly relevant given the debate about expansion and player depth, because chances are, any new teams are going to be filled with average players. So how do we entertain people if we`re not entertaining them with overly skilful play.
That`s perhaps why we can entertain with a mixture of frenetic and unpredictable play with elements of skill, perhaps to mask the skill deficit that the game may suffer through lack of player depth.

Vibing

Juniors
Nrl regionals 300k it will go close
I'd doubt NRL regionals will be 300K on a metro figure of 349K

more like 200 to 220K

so est
620K Ch 9
291K foxtel
240K kayo est
1.150 Mill

the aflol will be in the range of 1.2 Mill, so they beat us " just" last night for their much promoted season opener
but our season opener beat theirs by 100K

The Penguin #6.

Juniors

more like 200 to 220K

so est
620K Ch 9
291K foxtel
240K kayo est
1.150 Mill

the aflol will be in the range of 1.2 Mill, so they beat us " just" last night for their much promoted season opener
Despite the close score, theirs would have been a rubbish game anyway, not that I watched it, but I`ve seen it before, where after the initial hype about the closeness, they admit - in not so many words - fumbleball is rubbish without goals.
As I posted in the Herald`s comments section for the game " what`s afl without goals - one great big mess up and down the field". That ought to do it.

The_Wookie

Bench

more like 200 to 220K

so est
620K Ch 9
291K foxtel
240K kayo est
1.150 Mill

regionals typically fall in the 60% of metro area. Probably in the area of 560-570k for Nine.

Concur with the rest.

Wb1234

Referee
Despite the close score, theirs would have been a rubbish game anyway, not that I watched it, but I`ve seen it before, where after the initial hype about the closeness, they admit - in not so many words - fumbleball is rubbish without goals.
As I posted in the Herald`s comments section for the game " what`s afl without goals - one great big mess up and down the field". That ought to do it.
Don’t watch the game

watch the crowd shouting BALL!

Wb1234

Referee
BTW I`ve heard that before, what does it mean ? is it the Mexican abbreviation for shouting "balls", cried whenever someone`s nutsack pops out of the leg of those tight little shorts.
It’s when those tight shorts slip off when they are jumping for a mark and they teabag the opposite guy as he has a massive smile on his face

BlueandGold

Juniors
Last weeks game panthers v Souths 62k on bvod so close to the mark vibing. ......................................... Bvod1679028938370.png

Harry O

Juniors
Has anyone from here ever attended a afl match? We did long ago after a Roosters vs Sea Eagles game, so we decided to go watch afl was free entry,wanted to see what type of game this was, compared to our sport, I'll tell you no comparison at all,so we walked out after ten minutes and never return ever again. NO WONDER WHY THEY CALL IT ARIEL PING PONG.

Wb1234

Referee
Has anyone from here ever attended a afl match? We did long ago after a Roosters vs Sea Eagles game, so we decided to go watch afl was free entry,wanted to see what type of game this was, compared to our sport, I'll tell you no comparison at all,so we walked out after ten minutes and never return ever again. NO WONDER WHY THEY CALL IT ARIEL PING PONG.
One game

when locket kicked a behind after the siren to make the grand final

bored af never went back

Perth Red

Post Whore
Went to three derby games in Perth when first got here. Atmosphere was good but took too long and all the fumbling and whistle blowing was enough for me. Also we were behind the sticks and half the game was so far away just watched it on the big screen anyway.
Seagulls over a chip is a better descriptor. Their fans are dead set mad for it though. Crowd also seemed to go across gender, age and class more than most sports Ive been to.

Pneuma

First Grade
Went to three derby games in Perth when first got here. Atmosphere was good but took too long and all the fumbling and whistle blowing was enough for me. Also we were behind the sticks and half the game was so far away just watched it on the big screen anyway.
Seagulls over a chip is a better descriptor. Their fans are dead set mad for it though. Crowd also seemed to go across gender, age and class more than most sports Ive been to.
Potato

Billythekid

First Grade
I tried watching a live game and a few on TV but frankly it bored me to tears. I'm normally pretty open minded when it comes to sports.

Having said that but do you actually believe what you're saying? AFL is pretty widely regarded as a fantastic sport to see live and everyone i've met who have went to a swans game (I live in NSW so that's all you'd really go to) tend to rave about how good the atmosphere and experience was. Few if anyone of these people actually follow the AFL btw, they just go to a random swans game because they've heard it's fun to see live.

Generally I find the sport boring as f**k but i'm not naive enough to think that everyone shares that opinion. Shit it's ironic just how similar the posts from AFL fans are about the NRL and y'all don't realise you're just a mirror image of them and just can't see it.

Reactions: abc

Pneuma

First Grade
I tried watching a live game and a few on TV but frankly it bored me to tears. I'm normally pretty open minded when it comes to sports.

Having said that but do you actually believe what you're saying? AFL is pretty widely regarded as a fantastic sport to see live and everyone i've met who have went to a swans game (I live in NSW so that's all you'd really go to) tend to rave about how good the atmosphere and experience was. Few if anyone of these people actually follow the AFL btw, they just go to a random swans game because they've heard it's fun to see live.

Generally I find the sport boring as f**k but i'm not naive enough to think that everyone shares that opinion. Shit it's ironic just how similar the posts from AFL fans are about the NRL and y'all don't realise you're just a mirror image of them and just can't see it.
I live in an afl state but have travelled extensively for 40 years around Australia. No doubt in my mind that afl supporters are the most one eyed narrow minded inward looking supporters of any sport I’ve encountered. Things have improved since the storm came in but it’s hard work being a foreign code in states like SA and Victoria in particular. As for the game itself. I just find it a mess. As for the racism in afl. It’s a result of the white culture that dominates it. Good mates of mine say quite racist things about rugby Union and league unwittingly. I just don’t discuss sport with them. It’s pointless.

I love a good bullshit story .
that’s about as believable as the Tooth fairy,Santa & Easter Bunny rolled into one .

Wb1234

Referee
I live in an afl state but have travelled extensively for 40 years around Australia. No doubt in my mind that afl supporters are the most one eyed narrow minded inward looking supporters of any sport I’ve encountered. Things have improved since the storm came in but it’s hard work being a foreign code in states like SA and Victoria in particular. As for the game itself. I just find it a mess. As for the racism in afl. It’s a result of the white culture that dominates it. Good mates of mine say quite racist things about rugby Union and league unwittingly. I just don’t discuss sport with them. It’s pointless.
They got indoctrinated at a young age in a cult when they didn’t know better

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Ozzie rules is the whitest football code in the country. And drawing it’s players more and more from the upper class private schools.

Anyone claiming it represents some cross-section is just an enamoured fan.

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
Ozzie rules is the whitest football code in the country. And drawing it’s players more and more from the upper class private schools.

Anyone claiming it represents some cross-section is just an enamoured fan.
And as f**king usual putting their foot in it as they try to cover it up:

the-afl-has-replaced-portraits-of-its-past-presidents-with-indigenous-art/news-story/7797b076b6c794757b358ded1bb358e0

"These paintings of past presidents have always resided in the boardroom, per convention, and depicted the code’s venerated patriarchs, from former chairman Mike Fitzpatrick to the late Ron Evans and SirKenneth Luke, among others.

Lately these artworks have become a delicate matter for the AFL, perhaps even a low-key source of discomfort. The subjects are all male, and they are all white. We hear at least one administrator remarked upon the lack of diversity on display and, as everyone knows, that’s a crime of the deepest dye for any sporting code."

Fecking idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts