What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 TV/Fox/Streaming Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wb1234

Referee
Really?

I thought that game encapsulated why the NRL seems to be on a high at the moment. Only real downside was the phantom forward pass call that clobbered Parra.
Nonexistent defence

tonight started off way better then the errors took it back a bit. Still roosters south’s had way more intensity imo

last night...on these figures no.
Fox Thursday ratings - Manly/Parra 291k, Rich/Carl 286k.

Is this not significant?

For one thing the surprisingly low AFL figure belies the claims that Fox are exaggerating their numbers for both codes.

Meaning that high NRL ratings, like for instance 357k Sharks/Rabbits which superficially looked a bit suspicious, are entirely reliable.

Nonexistent defence

tonight started off way better then the errors took it back a bit. Still roosters south’s had way more intensity imo
Do you think that what you look for in a RL game is what the average viewer looks for?

Bearing in mind that appealing to the average viewer is the key to high ratings.

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
If people where expecting the NRL game last night to beat the AFL season opener they have rocks in there heads. When has a NRL regular season game beaten an AFL opener.....probably never.Fox Thursday ratings - Manly/Parra 291k, Rich/Carl 286k.

Is this not significant?
Why do you consider this significant? The NRL are nearly always comfortably ahead of fumbleball on STB.
Is it because it was their season opener?
I know there was a lot of shocked posters on twitter that an NRL club game could outrate the fumbleball season opener.

This sort of thing:

"If people where expecting the NRL game last night to beat the AFL season opener they have rocks in there heads. When has a NRL regular season game beaten an AFL opener.....probably never."

:):):)

Billythekid

First Grade

Massive fox ratings for us. Nine was average. Anybody surprised?
It’s a continuation of an ongoing trend. I’ll stand by what I have said previously, this will surely have an impact on our next TV deal.

The Penguin #6.

Juniors

Massive STV ratings for us. Nine was average. Anybody surprised?
It probably shows what a small fanbase the Roosters have. Having said that 176k in a city of 4-5 million for a match with that much hype is not good enough. Especially when the other mob can get double that in a city the same size.

Billythekid

First Grade
It probably shows what a small fanbase the Roosters have. Having said that 176k in a city of 4-5 million for a match with that much hype is not good enough. Especially when the other mob can get double that in a city the same size.
The thing is there has been a clear rebuke of FTA coverage in favour of fox/kayo. It’s up to ch9 to turn this around.

Vibing

Juniors
I'll say Thursday around 1.140 Mill
& last night a few more then that based on superior STV ratings then the night before

the derpball would be concerned tho
both their big block buster games to start the season not exactly setting the world on fire

Harry O

Juniors
I'll say Thursday around 1.140 Mill
& last night a few more then that based on superior STV ratings then the night before

the derpball would be concerned tho
both their big block buster games to start the season not exactly setting the world on fire
One thing good about NRL fans is that we don't go wanking ourselves over big attendances like the flogs at the AFL do

Pneuma

First Grade
You can easily double that figure including 9now fox and kayo. Possibly treble

The_Wookie

Bench
Why do you consider this significant? The NRL are nearly always comfortably ahead of fumbleball on STB.
Is it because it was their season opener?
I know there was a lot of shocked posters on twitter that an NRL club game could outrate the fumbleball season opener.

This sort of thing:

"If people where expecting the NRL game last night to beat the AFL season opener they have rocks in there heads. When has a NRL regular season game beaten an AFL opener.....probably never."

:):):)

Mostly because the AFL normally does really well on Seven, which generally gets it well over the line

docbrown

Coach
Mostly because the AFL normally does really well on Seven, which generally gets it well over the line
I am curious to know what the average AFL fan thinks of 7’s coverage quality. Obviously most NRL fans hate Channel 9, hence why it can be beaten by Foxtel ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.