What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 TV/Fox/Streaming Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weekend Foxtel BVOD

#AFLPiesGiants 396,000 (127% of STB)
#AFLLionsBlues 405,000 (107% of STB)
FOXBVOD total 801,000
FoxGrp total 1.490m

#NRLPanthersStorm 191,000 (79% of STB)
#NRLBroncosWarriors 270,000 (98% of STB)
FoxBVOD total 461,000
FoxGrp total 1.024m
Considerable variations in the BVOD/STB ratio from the standard figures used earlier in the season.

It appears the migration to streaming has been much greater among AFL fans than NRL fans.

Any theories as to why?

TheRam

Coach
What with the cricket and Matilda’s I reckon people are over sport this year. Pretty ugly ratings.

Or maybe people are just sick of the teams that are left.

I know I couldn't give a toss for Panthers, Roosters, Sharks, Storm, Raiders or Broncos and didn't think the Warriors or Knights had a snowballs chance in Hell of getting through to the GF.

Switch off pretty quickly if I even watched at all, Like when they decided to play a semi at that swamp paddock shark park. Just insulting the fan base. $800m+ stadium left empty. What they don't seem to realize is the stadium is the star of the show the 2 supporting actors get to dance within.

It would be like Star Wars being filmed in a cave and telling everyone to tune in and watch the amazing Sci-Fi action. People aren't that silly.

TheRam

Coach
Hasn’t been a good year for the bumblers especially on fox

I doubt fox will be happy paying so much for a second tier sport

we really need a cumulative total of afl and nrl ratings on fox

that will be an eye opener

Doesn't matter since they always still get the better money deal in the end does it?

We have always had better rating then them, but it has never stopped FOX from duding us.

As long as that Rupert character is still breathing I can't see things changing much, even if he has stepped aside. His son isn't about to give us a leg up if he doesn't have to. The status quo will stay the same unless we can some how force a change, which by all indications I don't see happening any time soon. V'landys is a Fox puppet that talks big, but delivers much of the same thus far when it comes to the cash from the networks.

Wb1234

Immortal
Doesn't matter since they always still get the better money deal in the end does it?

We have always had better rating then them, but it has never stopped FOX from duding us.

As long as that Rupert character is still breathing I can't see things changing much, even if he has stepped aside. His son isn't about to give us a leg up if he doesn't have to. The status quo will stay the same unless we can some how force a change, which by all indications I don't see happening any time soon. V'landys is a Fox puppet that talks big, but delivers much of the same thus far when it comes to the cash from the networks.
Stan bidding against fox will make things interesting

BlueandGold

Juniors
Considerable variations in the BVOD/STB ratio from the standard figures used earlier in the season.

It appears the migration to streaming has been much greater among AFL fans than NRL fans.

Any theories as to why?

NRL has 9go and Kayo
AFL has Kayo

Add 9go and Kayo together and its larger streaming than the AFL.

NRL also dont have streaming numbers available in NZ.

Wb1234

Immortal

Another excellent post by the guru

he really needs to post on here rather than just quoting his words of wisdom

this bidding is going to see the nrl tv deal worth 600 million I would think

TheRam

Coach

Another excellent post by the guru

he really needs to post on here rather than just quoting his words of wisdom

this bidding is going to see the nrl tv deal worth 600 million I would think

Lets hope, but something tells me the AFL will somehow still end up on top.

They just have the better negotiators that always get the job done.

Always!

Wb1234

Immortal
Lets hope, but something tells me the AFL will somehow still end up on top.

They just have the better negotiators that always get the job done.

Always!
They’ve signed a very long deal

and we aren’t including Telstra contra in the figure which is just garbage and a fudge by the fumblers

Wb1234

Immortal
How much does Sky NZ pay the NRL?????
Around 32 million pa

also they invest money in grassroots rl in nz plus lots of games shown on free to air for the first time

Harry O

Juniors
Around 32 million pa

also they invest money in grassroots rl in nz plus lots of games shown on free to air for the first time

So you'd think if they're putting that much money into the NRL coffers,that they would provide to the NRL the accurate data of how many people are watching the greatest game of all from Kiwi land?

Wb1234

Immortal
So you'd think if they're putting that much money into the NRL coffers,that they would provide to the NRL the accurate data of how many people are watching the greatest game of all from Kiwi land?
They don’t want to release it I guess so someone doesn’t bid against them

warriors ratings are through the roof. At least double this year with more games on fta and the warriors populairty

TheRam

Coach
They’ve signed a very long deal

and we aren’t including Telstra contra in the figure which is just garbage and a fudge by the fumblers

Sure I get that, but still, we seem to always be on the wrong side of the cash splash outlay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts