What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 TV/Fox/Streaming Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vibing

Juniors
Except there hasn't been .... any .. shit games this weekend so far
Fridays was a bit below par

the other 3 were excellent entertainment , ratings way way up.
yep , players were missing but IMO that brings some middle table teams level with top 4 ones for a good spectacle

this idea that the comp suffers during origin is becoming less and less of a thing

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
I'm hoping the explanation for the increases lies at least partially in underlying factors feeding through. Things like the rise of female RL and non-contact participation which could be changing perceptions and growing the RL fanbase among previously underrepresented groups. Hence NRL will continue to make headway next year and thereafter.
And exactly why V`landy`s and co. are so annoyed by Nine`s lack of promotion of the game presently. The game is in a sweet spot and a bit of positive on-going promotion by Nine could really drive that advantage home, and V`landy`s knows that.
What we`d give for the cut-through another Tina Turner style campaign would do at the moment, that`d get Nine of its` arse. HSAT (LOL) a successful Las Vegas adventure could have a similar effect.

Pneuma

First Grade
And exactly why V`landy`s and co. are so annoyed by Nine`s lack of promotion of the game presently. The game is in a sweet spot and a bit of positive on-going promotion by Nine could really drive that advantage home, and V`landy`s knows that.
What we`d give for the cut-through another Tina Turner style campaign would do at the moment, that`d get Nine of its` arse. HSAT (LOL) a successful Las Vegas adventure could have a similar effect.
I hate to say this but maybe Buzz’s recent tweet about the alleged decline in Origin audiences is timely. Nein are a horrible host station for rugby league. They turn off the casual viewer with their coverage. Look at the boom in STV ratings. The game has a huge viewership. But it prefers not to watch Nein. My internet is down till tomorrow so I had to watch FNF on Nein. It was excruciating.

Wb1234

Referee
Except there hasn't been .... any .. shit games this weekend so far
Fridays was a bit below par

the other 3 were excellent entertainment , ratings way way up.
yep , players were missing but IMO that brings some middle table teams level with top 4 ones for a good spectacle

this idea that the comp suffers during origin is becoming less and less of a thing
Maybe the good clubs should rest players all throughout the season to even things up

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
More bijou than that. RL is the dominant football code between my ears.

Rather suspect the headspace/land ownership ratio is comparatively low in your part of the world.
I can imagine that. Positively Crispian.
I think I remember you saying once about your aversion to housework, but as Crisp said: " it (the dust) doesn`t get any worse after four years".

Vibing

Juniors

Holy feck. Check those figures
stunning
just ... f me ratings

over 650K for the origin affected bunnies V raiders
over 550K for the origin affected broncs V warriors

both great games
fans are lovin their NRL

The Penguin #6.

Juniors

Holy feck. Check those figures
Some of those fumbleball figures are woeful. But the League...madness.
BTW I watched the Thursday night game on Nine, the Queensland crew guffawing at everything the bone-headed oaf Vautin says. Not much short of depressing it was so god-awful.
Friday night Gould and Johns, what a pair. The thing about Johns I don`t understand is why does he say things that the replays reveal is blatantly untrue, like his "30 metre" cut-out passes and his favourite lately (he must think this is really insightful because he repeats it ad-nauseum) " see how he changed direction while the ball was in the air". Replays showing time and again how the players line never deviated. Hopeless.

Wb1234

Referee
yep , still rounds to be affected ,but at this point its a non issue
no one has switched off
ratings are the proof
My solution is the best one

stop the nrl and play origin on consecutive weeks

we focus on origin during that time then go back to the club comp

right now origin gets sandwiched in between nrl rounds and it sucks the life out of the nrl

all the good crowd growth loses momentum every year

we only do it this way bc our broadcasters want content during origin

Pneuma

First Grade
Some of those fumbleball figures are woeful. But the League...madness.
BTW I watched the Thursday night game on Nine, the Queensland crew guffawing at everything the bone-headed oaf Vautin says. Not much short of depressing it was so god-awful.
Friday night Gould and Johns, what a pair. The thing about Johns I don`t understand is why does he say things that the replays reveal is blatantly untrue, like his "30 metre" cut-out passes and his favourite lately (he must think this is really insightful because he repeats it ad-nauseum) " see how he changed direction while the ball was in the air". Replays showing time and again how the players line never deviated. Hopeless.
If ever there is a CTI class action then Johns and Gould’s commentary should be presented as Exhibit A.

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
stunning
just ... f me ratings

over 650K for the origin affected bunnies V raiders
over 550K for the origin affected broncs V warriors

both great games
fans are lovin their NRL
But who`d be a Warriors fan, the most frustrating team in the comp. Twice last night missed winnable Captain`s Challenges because they left it too late and ref said "sorry times up".
I loved the description on League Unlimited though " An unhinged Mclean Park Napier", and whenever the cameras panned the crowd the excitement was almost palpable even sitting at home, and how about those mad-Kiwi`s "the game stopped several times in the last 10 minutes due to spectator pitch invasions". Great stuff.
Does make you think event or not, there are a lot of underserviced areas in that country.

Wb1234

Referee
But who`d be a Warriors fan, the most frustrating team in the comp. Twice last night missed winnable Captain`s Challenges because they left it too late and ref said "sorry times up".
I loved the description on League Unlimited though " An unhinged Mclean Park Napier", and whenever the cameras panned the crowd the excitement was almost palpable even sitting at home, and how about those mad-Kiwi`s "the game stopped several times in the last 10 minutes due to spectator pitch invasions". Great stuff.
Does make you think event or not, there are a lot of underserviced areas in that country.
Yeh all the Karen’s on here having a sook about the streakers

I’m still angry at the warriors for last night that was a vintage warriors performance

even still they could’ve had a kick from the sideline to win the game with time up

Vibing

Juniors
My solution is the best one

stop the nrl and play origin on consecutive weeks

we focus on origin during that time then go back to the club comp

right now origin gets sandwiched in between nrl rounds and it sucks the life out of the nrl

all the good crowd growth loses momentum every year

we only do it this way bc our broadcasters want content during origin
Not going to happen

& origin doesn't suck the life out of the NRL , thats an old myth & its being debunked as Ive said , crowds last year held up quite well & so far this weekend , it hasn't been too bad either. already 2 sellouts.

we're not leaving the NRL on pause for a month , thats madness,

Wb1234

Referee
Not going to happen

& origin doesn't suck the life out of the NRL , thats an old myth & its being debunked as Ive said , crowds last year held up quite well & so far this weekend , it hasn't been too bad either. already 2 sellouts.

we're not leaving the NRL on pause for a month , thats madness,
Women’s origin
Test matches

as filler content instead of nsw cup games which some nrl games are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts