What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Canard

Immortal
That’s a bit of a head scratcher as I thought the capacity was around the 17k-18k mark and it was a sellout?
They announced 12k tickets sold only a day or so ago. I don't believe sell out was ever claimed.

This was a bloody good crowd for a meaningless preseason game. Especially one where the NRL, yet again, did the Warriors no favours.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Broncos tickets should go on sale sometime this week, and judging by our membership ticketed presales, we should have a cracker of a year attendance wise - with good form and weather, we could average 38-40k even with some blockbusters being on a Thursday.

Some screenshots of the seats remaining for full reserved memberships (southern end only, but levels 3, 6, and the non GA areas of level 5 north look similar). This indicated that we have appx 20-22k reserved members. Note, some of these will be reserved for 4-6 game memberships - but I've not seen reserved membership presales close to this. I think that demand is so high that they should consider removing the GA areas as they knock about 3-5k off the capacity.

Remaining seats to round 2 against the Bunnies will probably sell quickly. Should be 40k+.

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 9.14.18 am.png

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 9.14.31 am.png
Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 9.14.50 am.png

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 9.15.11 am.png

jim_57

Staff member
They announced 12k tickets sold only a day or so ago. I don't believe sell out was ever claimed.

This was a bloody good crowd for a meaningless preseason game. Especially one where the NRL, yet again, did the Warriors no favours.

Warriors said in a tweet it was sold out. Probably ‘sold out’ but at a reduced capacity I’d guess.

A Souths supporter i work with was trying to tell me it was sold out. Hill looked solid but seating behind the in goal and also even the main Grand stand looked like a lot of empty spaces when i was watching the highlights.

I was there at the game, and i was on the hill. The hill was fairly full. The Grandstand behind the goals was almost completely empty. For some reason, that grandstand is usually on the empty side for most Saints games. The Main Grandstand looked "full-ish" in the middle where the players ran out, but scattered after that.

At the game, i was expecting close to the 10k mark at the game. Just 1k off.

mave

Coach
You know, I've been going to Brooky for centuries, and when the place is packed out and you can't barely move, and they announce the crowd figure as 13k, then you start scratching your head. Really?

We have been under-reporting crowds for years.

Council gouging prices clearly go up, per the crowd number.