What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 14-6 Melbourne @ Accor

Grand Final: Melbourne v Penrith

• Melbourne Storm

Votes: 25 39.1%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 35 54.7%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

betcats

Referee
Tonight is the perfect occasion to remember the players, coaches and fans of teams who deserved the premiership experience and glory but were denied because the Melbourne Storm club have at their heart an unapologetic cheating culture.

It’s very important to remember because everyone seems to want to forget.

Their salary cap cheating stands in stark contrast to Penrith dominating despite constantly shedding talent due to the salary cap. Penrith have shown it can be done have you the heart and culture, Melbourne had a choice, and they chose to cheat rugby league.

Tears in my eyes

Stinkfinger

Juniors
In many respects it was a boring ass game. It was mainly the pace of it, and the close score for a good chunk of it that made it of some interest. Better team won, no doubt. Penrith outplayed the Storm.
It was a tough hard game of footy where a team full of threats were nullified by a champion team. As a game, the SL semi final won by HKR this weekend was its equal.

Steel Saints

Juniors
Congratulations to Penrith. Unbelievable- four in a row. We probably won't see this in our lifetime again.

As for the Storm, it is tough to lose a GF, but as long as Bellamy is coach, they will be back.

The best team won on the night.

Sonny83

Juniors
I can still remember falling out of my seat when Jared was walking towards the stage and they announced Simple Jack.

Sonny definitely had a good game as well in 2013, would have been happy with him winning it. Cherry was good for a Manly too but it’s tough giving it to a halfback in a losing effort.

2015 was a weird one, the entire second half was Brisbane defending their line and barely playing any footy at all. It worked until one freak play. If the Broncos held out then Thurston’s performance is remember as the mother of all bed grogans
Morgan deserved that one

Overall, I thought our entire squad had too much finals experience for the Storm as it showed in that first half, and became evident in the final scoreline.

EDIT: Just an observation, we have now beaten teams in grand finals in Victoria, NSW, Canberra and Queensland. Is this another record?
Manly has beaten Canberra and the Storm; did they ever beat the Broncos?

Michael Matral

Juniors
Penrith were my second team until their players started acting like deadshits a few seasons back + can’t stand Ivan. Grew up in the Druitt, got free tix to games through juniors etc.

Know a lot of fans, but god damn can’t stand seeing the smug merkins so happily smug these days. Will be great to see their sad little faces when they fade back down into bottom 9 obscurity next season.
You're dreaming..We will be Top 4 for the next 2-3 years at least

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Overall, I thought our entire squad had too much finals experience for the Storm as it showed in that first half, and became evident in the final scoreline.

EDIT: Just an observation, we have now beaten teams in grand finals in Victoria, NSW, Canberra and Queensland. Is this another record?
Manly have NZ, Canberra, NSW, Vic.

Haven’t played a QLD team yet.

Latest posts