What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Origin I - Wed 5 Jun - NSW 10-38 QLD @ Accor

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Queensland

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SBD82

Coach
It’s time for Origin to die if rugby league is serious about growing and not being an insular sport focused on two states.
Origin will die one day. Everything does.

But right now it makes a shitload of money for the game, and is consistently the highest rating television of the year.

Thank f**k the NRL aren’t as dumb as the fans that are constantly looking for ways to change origin.

Kinda weird, methinks, to only play your captain and one of the better defensive players in the game for only 29 minutes…
Did Madge not realise he was plod until the match started? Or did the send off cause him to change his rotation plans?

Panther Mike

Juniors
Sualii should just go and play Rugby Yawnion right now. Should never have been picked. A typical Sydney Rorter mercenary who only plays for $$$.

Reactions: Vee

Byron Titan

Juniors
My favorite thing of the night is the idiots on social media "it's not a send off in origin".. are you clowns actually off your head? actually, are you?

Just because it's origin doesn't give you a permit going to go out and decapitate, Walsh touched the ball 3 times and they were all late, none later than the one that knocked him out.
It’s not a send off in Origin.

Panther Mike

Juniors
Origin will die one day. Everything does.

But right now it makes a shitload of money for the game, and is consistently the highest rating television of the year.

Thank f**k the NRL aren’t as dumb as the fans that are constantly looking for ways to change origin.
I know that because it’s always about money like everything else in this world.

I still don’t blindly accept the hype like the beer swilling masses that talk crap about how much they love origin and how it’s the ‘pinnacle’. Those pre match promos about fans loving Origin make me want to puke! 🤮

SBD82

Coach
I know that because it’s always about money like everything else in this world.

I still don’t blindly accept the hype like the beer swilling masses that talk crap about how much they love origin and how it’s the ‘pinnacle’. Those pre match promos about fans loving Origin make me want to puke! 🤮
Good for you Mike.

Eelctrifying

Juniors
Well, my non-NRL but only watching Origin friends were bored thanks to the send-off, QLD supporters included. We turned it over at half-time.

Great job Klein, they are not going to bother watching the rest of the series now. I'm sure having the most eyes on a game being 12vs13 in the 8th minute was the smart financial decision.

Game_Breaker

Coach
NSW actually got themselves in good attacking positions in the second half
They just didn’t look like scoring. Very disorganised
Even if they had 13 mean I believe they would’ve lost the game anyway based on how they attacked

Maybe they wouldn’t have conceded that many tries if they had 13 on the field, who knows?

SBD82

Coach
Well, my non-NRL but only watching Origin friends were bored thanks to the send-off, QLD supporters included. We turned it over at half-time.

Great job Klein, they are not going to bother watching the rest of the series now. I'm sure having the most eyes on a game being 12vs13 in the 8th minute was the smart financial decision.
Tell them to f**k off and watch AFL.

MRN

Juniors

Kelin didn't ruin shit. Suaalii did.

mozza91

Coach
Shit defensive decision from Suuali. Hit him high and late. He did slip but it’s definitely a send off. The idea of different rules for Origin is f**king stupid. Should be the merkins first and only Origin appearance.

Outside of a 10 minute period in the 1st half NSW were pretty solid. The middles were strong and guys like Martin and Lomax did great under the circumstances.

Hynes was anonymous all night. Cleary must have been giving notes. Luai had some nice touches and Teddy was solid.

Moses for Hynes and Api in on the bench for Yeo for game 2. Robson was sound defensively but offered nothing in attack (which was always going to happen) so Robson can start and Api can come on after 20 and go hard in game 2.