What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Origin I - Wed 5 Jun - NSW 10-38 QLD @ Accor

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Queensland

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SBD82

Coach
You got what you deserved.

Ever since Taylan May's example, all these grubby merkins trying to take Walsh out early.....Gee whiz I hope he's taking it as a back handed compliment because f**k me some of these oppositions are scared shitless of him. Suaali deserves 8+ weeks for that. The miserable turd can f**k off to Union earlier than expected. And Klown can f**k himself too letting play continue on for so long after it. Too bad if QLD needed their fullback in position when attacking the line. Douchebag.

Karma is a bitch though and a 38 to 10 loss in Sydney in front of 77,000 (Pffff Accor? Sydney has never heard of the f**ker) written into the history books. Next time don't be a cheapshotting f**kstick.
That felt good, didn’t it mate?

Game_Breaker

Coach
No it doesn't, it will come into at the tribunial. I have never heard a referee say "yeah nah, he was slipping, play on". If anything they say it was unlucky, unfortunate, whatever else, it doesn't change a thing in their decision making process. Was it forceful? Yes. Did he get him in the head? Yes. That's it, that's all that matters. The lawyers and whoever else can bring the arguments at the tribunial, as they always have done.

First time?

It comes into account for send offs. I’m not saying it’s not a penalty ffs
That’s why they introduced sin bins for hits like that

Deliberate hits to the head should get a send off, but if a player is slipping then that changes the punishment

blaza88z

Coach
For penalties maybe
Not for send offs.

Think you'll find it all started when Tedesco kept getting knocked out after wrong footing/slipping against defenders and they stopped ruling on why a player got hit in the head and started cracking down on the fact a player was hit in the head. It stopped being relevant what caused it, just the fact a player was hit in the head.

Dominic Young got wrong footed against Canterbury, he got sent off. What's the difference between a slip and being wrong footed? Not a whole lot. Just don't hit players in the head, the defenders have a duty of care to not do that.