What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Origin I - Wed 5 Jun - NSW 10-38 QLD @ Accor

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Queensland

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

butchmcdick

Post Whore
Yeah the chase and the kick that hit the post was about it. He put a few shots on, but played 20 minutes on the left edge when NSW mainly kept the ball in the middle and to the right.

It is what it is. I found Madge’s interchange strategy baffling to be honest. A player down and your bench players play 23, 24 and 25 minutes? It doesn’t make sense, until you remember he spent the last couple of years as an assistant to Ricky.

I think Madge was out of his depth

why pick Trobviovic and only play him for twenty ? Ditto your boy Hudson?

no back on the bench really hurt nsw

SBD82

Coach
I get it, your team lost. I get that.

It was direct forceful contact to the head, it's a send off. That's all the referee has to think about. He got it right. Revenue and whatever else you're thinking about is irrelevant.
Yeah but you don’t understand.

It wasn’t a popular decision with people who don’t watch Rugby League.

blaza88z

Coach
If a player is slipping then that needs to get taken into account
Sin Bin

Origin rules are different. First time watching the game?

No it doesn't, it will come into at the tribunial. I have never heard a referee say "yeah nah, he was slipping, play on". If anything they say it was unlucky, unfortunate, whatever else, it doesn't change a thing in their decision making process. Was it forceful? Yes. Did he get him in the head? Yes. That's it, that's all that matters. The lawyers and whoever else can bring the arguments at the tribunial, as they always have done.

First time?

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
You got what you deserved.

Ever since Taylan May's example, all these grubby merkins trying to take Walsh out early.....Gee whiz I hope he's taking it as a back handed compliment because f**k me some of these oppositions are scared shitless of him. Suaali deserves 8+ weeks for that. The miserable turd can f**k off to Union earlier than expected. And Klown can f**k himself too letting play continue on for so long after it. Too bad if QLD needed their fullback in position when attacking the line. Douchebag.

Karma is a bitch though and a 38 to 10 loss in Sydney in front of 77,000 (Pffff Accor? Sydney has never heard of the f**ker) written into the history books. Next time don't be a cheapshotting f**kstick.

Bazal

Post Whore
If a player is slipping then that needs to get taken into account
Sin Bin

Origin rules are different. First time watching the game?

Maybe it does need to be taken into account, to some degree

Even if you do, it's still a send off.

GongPanther

Referee
I know that because it’s always about money like everything else in this world.

I still don’t blindly accept the hype like the beer swilling masses that talk crap about how much they love origin and how it’s the ‘pinnacle’. Those pre match promos about fans loving Origin make me want to puke! 🤮
I avoided tonight's NRL Tonight which went for an hour, and the 7:00 pm Ch Nien 60 minute bullshit pre-game hype up. Spent quality time in watching Steve Inman videos on Rumble. LOL!!

Eelctrifying

Juniors
I get it, your team lost. I get that.

It was direct forceful contact to the head, it's a send off. That's all the referee has to think about. He got it right. Revenue and whatever else you're thinking about is irrelevant.
I have no issues with QLD winning. They win most years as they are usually the better team.

If you think revenue and perception of the game aren't thinking about you are simply shortsighted.

When I have QLD supporters telling me that the game was ruined as a contest, I think it's a legitimate criticism, I'll leave it at that.

MRN

Juniors
You got what you deserved.

Ever since Taylan May's example, all these grubby merkins trying to take Walsh out early.....Gee whiz I hope he's taking it as a back handed compliment because f**k me some of these oppositions are scared shitless of him. Suaali deserves 8+ weeks for that. The miserable turd can f**k off to Union earlier than expected. And Klown can f**k himself too letting play continue on for so long after it. Too bad if QLD needed their fullback in position when attacking the line. Douchebag.

Karma is a bitch though and a 38 to 10 loss in Sydney in front of 77,000 (Pffff Accor? Sydney has never heard of the f**ker) written into the history books. Next time don't be a cheapshotting f**kstick.
He'll get the longest suspension this year other then maybe Spencer's. Even then he could easily equal it or go longer.

3 tries from 2 Dragons.

Both shitty about the positions they play at the Dragons.

One, the captain, just refuses to play his best position that he carves up for 3 times a year for QLD.

The other one, cracked the shits and left the club. I will laugh my arse off if Lomax stinks it up in the centres all season for Parra and then lights it up for NSW.

Anyway, …. Pretty kewllllll.

some11

Referee
And suck shit to them. Trying to make a point to target a specific player with late hits and f**king backfired and cost them big time.
Ricky Stuart coached NSW teams were really good at roughing up qld players. Qld just had a GOAT team at the time with heaps of mental giants in it.

Latest posts