What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Origin I - Wed 5 Jun - NSW 10-38 QLD @ Accor

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Queensland

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Game_Breaker

Coach
Think you'll find it all started when Tedesco kept getting knocked out after wrong footing/slipping against defenders and they stopped ruling on why a player got hit in the head and started cracking down on the fact a player was hit in the head. It stopped being relevant what caused it, just the fact a player was hit in the head.

Dominic Young got wrong footed against Canterbury, he got sent off. What's the difference between a slip and being wrong footed? Not a whole lot. Just don't hit players in the head, the defenders have a duty of care to not do that.

A player can’t react that fast to a falling player
The penalty isn’t in question

You’re debating as if I’m saying it isn’t a penalty. It is
I just think it’s a sin bin in an origin game

SBD82

Coach
Nice to see a talentless hack like Myles still milking a career out of the game. His biggest contribution to the game was the cable he laid in a hotel lobby.
Maybe we’re being unfair to Myles.

He was probably just passing in some advice from an Origin veteran to an Origin rookie.

“mate if you’d lead with your head you never would’ve been penalised. I got away with it for years”.

Generalzod

Immortal
I will say if it was done to any of our players do you think that Queensland player would have been sent off, I doubt it. Most probably a sin bin..

Wb1234

Referee
Nice to see a talentless hack like Myles still milking a career out of the game. His biggest contribution to the game was the cable he laid in a hotel lobby.
Paul Gallen belting him was the cause for them to ban punching in origin after Tallis said it wasn’t fair

blaza88z

Coach
A player can’t react that fast to a falling player
The penalty isn’t in question

You’re debating as if I’m saying it isn’t a penalty. It is
I just think it’s a sin bin in an origin game

Why does it matter what the game is?

It's like saying "it's not a penalty in golden point" when the markers are standing next to each other, it shouldn't matter what game it is or the state of the game. It's very very simple, is it a send off or not? All of these variables about slipping, origin, whatever else. They do not matter and should not matter when a referee makes a decision. That's what leads to inconsistency.