What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Origin I - Wed 5 Jun - NSW 10-38 QLD @ Accor

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Queensland

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vee

First Grade
After watching the presser, I get the feeling Billy is of the opinion that it was a predetermined tactic to get out there and get Walsh out of the game.
Certainly appeared that way. He was hit in midair after his first kick but the ref did nothing about it.

Frailty

First Grade
Obviously playing a man down was crucial, but I've maintained for years that NSW can't keep the one 'organising half that kicks' and one 'running half' approach because it simply doesn't work. Especially when that running half doesn't actually run the ball anywhere. It's the reason that Cleary has been shut down most of the origin games.

Add to that Tedesco, as great as he has been for NSW in the past, cannot play at this level anymore. He stifles the attack in a very Gallen-esque way.

Also, just get rid of Jurbo. Useless slug.

Reflector

Juniors
Really...I know it sounds right but can you name some examples...I can't think of any similar in origin where a direct hit in open play to the head knocked out before he hits the ground have happened. I think send off any time.. think whet saved players in the past was lack of TV angles but nothing is missed now. Suaali f**ked it...enjoy union
I'd have to trawl back over the years (because it probably won't feature in the highlights) and look for hits where contact has been made with the head, whether the defending player was aiming for the head or not. Whether the player whose hit is concussed or not should have nothing to do with the penalty given. Geyer lead into a tackle with a stiff elbow '91, but the other player in question (Paul Hauff might have been?) was fine, doesn't mean MG should've have stayed on the field but...

Last edited:

This Year?

Immortal
Ok girls I know this is the face you've all wanted to see Reece Walsh make
20240606_123753.jpg

Last edited:

Wb1234

Referee
20 to 10 and the blues had 70 percent possession and were camped on the qld line

they still could’ve won they were awful last night in attack. Very good in defence