What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Panthers

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
So far my vibe for round 1 is as below:

Edwards
To’o
May
Tago
Turuva

Luai
Cleary

Fisher-Harris
Kenny
Leota
Garner
Martin
Yeo

Schneider
Sorensen
Smith
Henry

Sorensen on bench is purely for impact during the early rounds as team rediscovers its balance. He will move back to starter by round 4-5 or after the bye.

Schneider comes in as #14 to give Kenny a 10 minute spell and plays a Cogger type role, I suspect Cole nails this #14 spot by mid season. The more I think about it the more I’m moving away from Laurie as #14 reasons being he just doesn’t cover enough spots and I’m unsure if he could play hooker and defend in the middle even if it’s for 10 mins. Garner can cover center shifting one of the centers to wing and shifting a winger to fullback if something happens to the backline.

Obviously trials and WCC dictate this final 17 make up.

Thoughts?

Iamback

Coach
So far my vibe for round 1 is as below:

Edwards
To’o
May
Tago
Turuva

Luai
Cleary

Fisher-Harris
Kenny
Leota
Garner
Martin
Yeo

Schneider
Sorensen
Smith
Henry

Sorensen on bench is purely for impact during the early rounds as team rediscovers its balance. He will move back to starter by round 4-5 or after the bye.

Schneider comes in as #14 to give Kenny a 10 minute spell and plays a Cogger type role, I suspect Cole nails this #14 spot by mid season. The more I think about it the more I’m moving away from Laurie as #14 reasons being he just doesn’t cover enough spots and I’m unsure if he could play hooker and defend in the middle even if it’s for 10 mins. Garner can cover center shifting one of the centers to wing and shifting a winger to fullback if something happens to the backline.

Obviously trials and WCC dictate this final 17 make up.

Thoughts?

I think you need some spark off the bench.

Laurie > Schneider for me

I'd look to move Alamonti/Lisati on the bench ASAP

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
I think you need some spark off the bench.

Laurie > Schneider for me

I'd look to move Alamonti/Lisati on the bench ASAP
Who would you accommodate for Laurie when he comes on the field and where would you defend him?

I think between Cleary and Luai, possibly Tago there’s plenty spark, looking at slowing it down and playing direct like how Cogger was utilised might be better suited for this side. I use that as example why I’d have Schneider getting first crack. Also important to remember there’s two holes in the side without Critta and Leniu, Schneider might be a safe bet atm until those holes are plugged.

However I see your point as with no Critta, who in his own right always brought some x-factor to the side when it needed it, Laurie might provide that.

Iamback

Coach
Who would you accommodate for Laurie when he comes on the field and where would you defend him?

I think between Cleary and Luai, possibly Tago there’s plenty spark, looking at slowing it down and playing direct like how Cogger was utilised might be better suited for this side. I use that as example why I’d have Schneider getting first crack. Also important to remember there’s two holes in the side without Critta and Leniu, Schneider might be a safe bet atm until those holes are plugged.

However I see your point as with no Critta, who in his own right always brought some x-factor to the side when it needed it, Laurie might provide that.

Laurie has played a bit of 6, I'd defend him in on the right and Move Martin/Cleary in 1.

The issue with Schneider in that role is it means you are taking away from Luai/Cleary's combo.

I think get the speed in the middle running off Smith's offloads and just being a pest for that middle part of the 2nd half is best way

Whino

Bench
With Garner in the 17 I see no need for Laurie off the bench.
Luai off the bench several years back, behind Cleary and Maloney, was a waste.

Bob

Juniors
My first round team would be

Edwards
To’o
Alamoti
Tago
Turuva

Luai
Cleary

Fisher-Harris
Kenny
Smith
Garner
Martin
Yeo

Cole
Sorensen
Leota
Henry

I'd like to see May get some confidence in his leg under actual game conditions, Start with Fish and Smith to do the hard yards early then Leota in the Spencer roll with Henry, Cole for mine gets the 14 and I'd start Sorro on the bench

Iamback

Coach
With Garner in the 17 I see no need for Laurie off the bench.
Luai off the bench several years back, behind Cleary and Maloney, was a waste.

If Henry is the one to replace Spencer, That gives you another bench guy who is better with longer minutes.

Not sure Garner gets on in that situation, means we can run the 14 as purely tactical. Doesn't suit Garner in that role

Whino

Bench
If Henry is the one to replace Spencer, That gives you another bench guy who is better with longer minutes.

Not sure Garner gets on in that situation, means we can run the 14 as purely tactical. Doesn't suit Garner in that role

I mean't Garner as back cover. Should a back go down.

I see Ivan running a bench of
14 ?
15. Garner
16. Smith
17. Henry.

Unless Luai isn't playing 80 mins round 1. I can't see Laurie doing much off the bench. It would be junk minutes.

Iamback

Coach
I mean't Garner as back cover. Should a back go down.

I see Ivan running a bench of
14 ?
15. Garner
16. Smith
17. Henry.

Unless Luai isn't playing 80 mins round 1. I can't see Laurie doing much off the bench. It would be junk minutes.

I'd rotate the 14, get a look at potential 6's for next year.

The only other option is a hooker or go with 4 forwards... that 4th bench guy is getting very minimal time regardless. I'd say

Luke Bowden

First Grade
My first round team would be

Edwards
To’o
Alamoti
Tago
Turuva

Luai
Cleary

Fisher-Harris
Kenny
Smith
Garner
Martin
Yeo

Cole
Sorensen
Leota
Henry

I'd like to see May get some confidence in his leg under actual game conditions, Start with Fish and Smith to do the hard yards early then Leota in the Spencer roll with Henry, Cole for mine gets the 14 and I'd start Sorro on the bench

I’d definitely start with May in the centres. Alamoti isn’t ready.

Leota and Soro on the bench is madness, I’d definitely switch them back into the starting lineups. Leota especially is absolutely crazy, we have the best front row combination in the comp and you want to split that up.

14 would depend on how Kenny is going, most likely Id start the year with Luke .

Bob

Juniors

Leota and Soro on the bench is madness, I’d definitely switch them back into the starting lineups. Leota especially is absolutely crazy, we have the best front row combination in the comp and you want to split that up.

14 would depend on how Kenny is going, most likely Id start the year with Luke .
May in the centres maybe later on, he’s been through a big operation and will take time to get his confidence back, I’d like to see him in reserves for this reason, my thoughts re Sorro and Leota are different to yours, main reason is we keep an experienced prop JFH with a rookie Smith, and Leota with Henry, with the hooking position the Soni Luke should be nowhere 1st Grade unless the opposing players need an anal probe, Cole therefore the 14 for me,

Chins get the wins

First Grade

One of Soro or Leota should be coming off the bench to start the year. We shouldn't often want to have Smith and Henry out there together.
Luke also offers nothing and shouldn't be playing after his repeated disgusting acts. Sommerton looks better anyway

Luke Bowden

First Grade
One of Soro or Leota should be coming off the bench to start the year. We shouldn't often want to have Smith and Henry out there together.
Luke also offers nothing and shouldn't be playing after his repeated disgusting acts. Sommerton looks better anyway
Summo is on a dev contract mate. I don’t take your personal feelings into account when picking the best player to give Kenny a break. Luke is the best option to replace Kenny, so that’s why I think he should be the 14. If you can point out a better hooker that can play. I’m all ears.

Changing our starting front row is crazy and thankfully won’t happen.