What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Panthers

Niwhai Puru is an interesting name thrown up in that article. I could see Penrith enticing him back like they did with Daine Laurie but also in saying that has Puru really improved since leaving? Not so sure.

snickers007

Juniors
I think the only realistic name on the list is Isaiah Tass - but even that one is a long shot.
We currently have Tiny, Alamoti, Tito, Peachey, Cole, Garner and McLean all in line for the vacant Centre spot. And sure, most of them are off contract, but we're not going to lose them all.

I like Tass though. I think the Rabbits are making a big mistake if he's the guy to get boned to fit Simple Jack in.

Don't really think Puru is a chance. I seem to remember he and his brother had some attitude issues, or didn't particularly like training, which is why we were happy to cut them loose.

soc123_au

Staff member
I think the only realistic name on the list is Isaiah Tass - but even that one is a long shot.
We currently have Tiny, Alamoti, Tito, Peachey, Cole, Garner and McLean all in line for the vacant Centre spot. And sure, most of them are off contract, but we're not going to lose them all.

I like Tass though. I think the Rabbits are making a big mistake if he's the guy to get boned to fit Simple Jack in.

Don't really think Puru is a chance. I seem to remember he and his brother had some attitude issues, or didn't particularly like training, which is why we were happy to cut them loose.
Tass at the right price would be interesting, not sure why Souffs spent so big to replace a guy that wasn't really in need of replacing. The Simple one was an odd signing, big bucks to keep Trell happy I'd say. The funny part is they'll play Jack where Latrell should be playing.

Sime_11

Juniors
alot of those names dont interest me tbh - id rather we keep the core as much as possible and create openings for our juniors to come in & replace. The core is there to set an example to our youth - they'll learn how to train and what the standards are, but because they know the systems here - the transition is alot easier.

bringing someone in is no guarantee to work - at least with what we have in the juniors - we know their story and we know what skills need to be worked on.

seeing the drama at St George with the new recruit Volkman - absolute stuff of nightmares

important thing to note is we increased our previous offer just to keep Romey - we dont necessarily have Money to splash/ land a big name player - the cap is still very tight and there's off contract guys we want to keep who will take up Romey's salary.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Yeah but that is an end of the year type thing.

We need to see if we need to keep Garner 1st.
sort our centres then go get depth
Garner is very useful so if he gets overtaken for the spot it will be impressive. Having he and Soro in the side will allow us the flexibility to test Luai's replacements in the 14 jersey. Hopefully we are in position to pull Luai at halftime a few times this year.

Iamback

Coach
Garner is very useful so if he gets overtaken for the spot it will be impressive. Having he and Soro in the side will allow us the flexibility to test Luai's replacements in the 14 jersey. Hopefully we are in position to pull Luai at halftime a few times this year.

Not so much if he is overtaken but how much is too much to pay a benchie in ourside?

He took unders to come here. I think we need atleast $400k to re-sign him, If we can get the same impact from Hassett ( who has also played centre in NSW Cup ) who you could re-sign with a look to take over Sorro.

Or that is the sort of guy that you pick up as a discard for half of that

That is the questions with our squad, All good problems

Hi all, who gets the 14 jersey?

Will it be evenly shared between Peachy, Sommerton, Laurie, Luke, Schneider, Cole?

Or do you think Peachy might jag the 17 jersey and the other 5 men alternate based on form and opposition for the 14 jersey?

14. Peachy
15. Garner/Sorensen (one starts one bench)
16. Smith
17. Henry
—
18. Cole

or

14. Sommerton
16. Smith
17. Peachy
—
18. Cole

or

14. Luke
15. Garner/Sorenson (one starts one bench)
16. Henry
17. Smith
—
18. Peachy

or

14. Laurie
16. Smith
17. Henry
—
18. Peachy

How’s your preferred bench makeup looking?

Chins get the wins

First Grade

Will it be evenly shared between Peachy, Sommerton, Laurie, Luke, Schneider, Cole?

Or do you think Peachy might jag the 17 jersey and the other 5 men alternate based on form and opposition for the 14 jersey?

14. Peachy
16. Smith
17. Henry
—
18. Cole

or

14. Sommerton
16. Smith
17. Peachy
—
18. Cole

or

14. Luke
16. Henry
17. Smith
—
18. Peachy

or

14. Laurie
16. Smith
17. Henry
—
18. Peachy

The myth that Peach covers anywhere other than centre/backrow really needs to die. He shouldn't be considered

MugaB

Coach

14. Peachy
16. Smith
17. Henry
—
18. Cole

or

14. Sommerton
16. Smith
17. Peachy
—
18. Cole

or

14. Luke
16. Henry
17. Smith
—
18. Peachy

or

14. Laurie
16. Smith
17. Henry
—
18. Peachy

14.Lauire
15.Alamoti (used as a middle ala TPJ)
16.Smith
17.Garner/Henry/Peach (depending on the make up the rival squad

1. Edwards
2. Turuva
3. Tago
4. Tiny
5. T'oO
6. Luai
7. Cleary
8. Fish
9. Kenny
10. Moses
11. Sorensen
12. Martin
13. Yeo

18. Schnieder

Munky

Coach
The myth that Peach covers anywhere other than centre/backrow really needs to die. He shouldn't be considered

I think backrow is pushing it.

His ability to have players run past him without getting a touch is unmatched.

Ponga/Walsh would carve him up four in.

I guess what fans think and Ivan thinks differs here. He clearly likes the guy and will most likely pick him here and there, that’s why I think you will see an alternating #14 jersey shared around a couple guys through out the season depending on injuries and opponents.