What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 15 - Vs Broncos

Rabbits20

Immortal

Glory Glory my fellow Souths tragics up as one Glory Glory altogether now WE ARE BACK BABY BEST WIN OF THE YEAR! The AJ try bought tears to my eyes! UP THE RABBITOHS!!!

Oh and don’t start me on Atkins in the bunker. It’ll be the usual bullshit from Annesley on Monday! Having to overcome what we did makes me enjoy this one even more!

callmack1

Staff member
Yooooooooooooooooooooooooo f**king hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

What a night that was last night, and what a friggin win!!! I've woken up this morning with the biggest smile of my face and I admittedly couldn't sleep last night because I was buzzing so much from the win.

Coming into the game, we all felt a little optimistic and we all felt there was a chance we could do it, but I don't think anybody, even the staunchest of Souths fans, expected that sort of game. An amazing performance. Just amazing. I haven't seen that sort of commitment, desire, hunger, passion, enjoyment, want, effort, focus and just all-round application in a long, long time. Not even in the last few weeks, last night topped that.

Every single one of the boys out there was on. They have all bought in and everyone played out of their skins. Trell the clear man of the match again and hats off to him. Despite all the criticism, he's turning it on when it matters. Cody, take a bow. Brilliant at halfback yet again in one of the liveliest performances we've seen from him in a while. Jackie was great, Gags was massive. Then, all our forwards were a real highlight. We were all worried about the forward battle given Brisbane have one of the best packs in the comp, but our boys well and truly dominated them. That set the platform for this win.

The funny thing is, our attack looked really good, and we scored some beautiful tries in tricky conditions, but I still don't feel like it really clicked. We still looked clunky at times. But I do have to give the boys a wrap for their ball handling. In those type of conditions, completing at the rate we did was insane.

But the defensive effort was the most impressive thing for me and the biggest highlight from the game. We haven't seen a commited defensive performance like that in quite some time. For once, our linespeed was good, we were aggressive and winning collisions, the boys looked fit and showed a lot of effort to get back, our scramble was insane. We kept them to nil for most of the game. All of this against a very good attacking side full of superstars. It was insane, very pleasing.

What this win shows us is that the last few weeks haven't just been because out opponents were shit, this proves we have genuinely turned a corner I hope. I know the Broncos played shit but we kind of made them play shit. Now, the confidence grows and I'm starting to believe in this team again. And you can see that they're starting to believe in themselves.

God, it's a good feeling. I've missed this so much. Really going to enjoy this one and celebrate it.

callmack1

Staff member

Bobby Moses

Juniors
Yooooooooooooooooooooooooo f**king hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

What a night that was last night, and what a friggin win!!! I've woken up this morning with the biggest smile of my face and I admittedly couldn't sleep last night because I was buzzing so much from the win.

Coming into the game, we all felt a little optimistic and we all felt there was a chance we could do it, but I don't think anybody, even the staunchest of Souths fans, expected that sort of game. An amazing performance. Just amazing. I haven't seen that sort of commitment, desire, hunger, passion, enjoyment, want, effort, focus and just all-round application in a long, long time. Not even in the last few weeks, last night topped that.

Every single one of the boys out there was on. They have all bought in and everyone played out of their skins. Trell the clear man of the match again and hats off to him. Despite all the criticism, he's turning it on when it matters. Cody, take a bow. Brilliant at halfback yet again in one of the liveliest performances we've seen from him in a while. Jackie was great, Gags was massive. Then, all our forwards were a real highlight. We were all worried about the forward battle given Brisbane have one of the best packs in the comp, but our boys well and truly dominated them. That set the platform for this win.

The funny thing is, our attack looked really good, and we scored some beautiful tries in tricky conditions, but I still don't feel like it really clicked. We still looked clunky at times. But I do have to give the boys a wrap for their ball handling. In those type of conditions, completing at the rate we did was insane.

But the defensive effort was the most impressive thing for me and the biggest highlight from the game. We haven't seen a commited defensive performance like that in quite some time. For once, our linespeed was good, we were aggressive and winning collisions, the boys looked fit and showed a lot of effort to get back, our scramble was insane. We kept them to nil for most of the game. All of this against a very good attacking side full of superstars. It was insane, very pleasing.

What this win shows us is that the last few weeks haven't just been because out opponents were shit, this proves we have genuinely turned a corner I hope. I know the Broncos played shit but we kind of made them play shit. Now, the confidence grows and I'm starting to believe in this team again. And you can see that they're starting to believe in themselves.

God, it's a good feeling. I've missed this so much. Really going to enjoy this one and celebrate it.
Excellent performance in shocking conditions,reminiscent of when we flogged the warriors (last year I think). Thought all round good performance. Really thought Keppie (except for one big mistake ) was excellent in defence and hit up’s were solid, Duncan was outstanding,really growing in his performance.. still concerned about how poor kennars defence is, fell off so many tackles where Walker and Gagai had to cover up. All up great start to the weekend.

Eric the great

Juniors
I thought the whole side played gutsy they seem to be working for each other in defence and they are defending there mistakes if you go back to the loosing streak every time we made a mistake we got scored against now when we make a mistake we seem to lift in defence

Steenson123

Juniors
Koloamatangi is actually a very special player. He is every bit as good as any Penrith or Melbourne forward, even better. He has massed I believe 440 or so run metres in his past two contests and his catch off Walker's short punt was exceptional. It constantly took 2-3 defenders in the middle of the park to halt him and Brisbane has a powerful pack, no doubt. However, he must remain as a middle forward, his future may be at 8 or 10.
Getting rid of dopey Demetriou was the best thing to happen to the man. At present he should remain at 13, he is better than Murray there. With The Legend's imminent arrival, the club need to extend Koloamatangi he will be consistenly dominant under Burt.

Steenson123

Juniors
Gagai and Kelpie both deserve positive mention.
Yes both are still a work in progress but both made critical defensive plays that may have saved the V. Both made the effort to chase down what looked to be scoring plays for Brisbane. Both ran hard all evening too, Kelpie only making that poor pass to Murray near the goal line when scoring was possible.
These two, along with Duncan, Gray et al will become even more established under Burt. Dodd too. The Legend must be enjoying watching this, rubbing his hands. And to think, virtually all the media goons argued that Burt should have chosen The Bankers at Parramatta, that Parramatta had the superior, ready-to-win roster. Ha!

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Koloamatangi is actually a very special player. He is every bit as good as any Penrith or Melbourne forward, even better. He has massed I believe 440 or so run metres in his past two contests and his catch off Walker's short punt was exceptional. It constantly took 2-3 defenders in the middle of the park to halt him and Brisbane has a powerful pack, no doubt. However, he must remain as a middle forward, his future may be at 8 or 10.
Getting rid of dopey Demetriou was the best thing to happen to the man. At present he should remain at 13, he is better than Murray there. With The Legend's imminent arrival, the club need to extend Koloamatangi he will be consistenly dominant under Burt.
Agreed 👍

Steenson123

Juniors
Lost
Titans losing keeps us ahead of them. Hope Eels also lose.
Listen man. Be optimistic forget about finishing anywhere near last place. The lights for this entire club were turned back on once Bennett committed himself and all knew what was happening.
The train is now travelling North at speed.
Burt is effectively doing much of the coaching now. He is running two sides simultaneously. I heard Cook tell Nine news that he has been talking to Bennett quote "a lot" re his playing future and the St George offer. One can thus assume Bennett is speaking to many of the others too, in addition to giving Hornby guidance and tips.
With the impending return of good players, back the side to Win games even take the 7-12 13-18 and 19+ margin options. Just as I knew the squad would continue to go South under dopey Demetriou, I know that the portents have changed and that the dial is now pointing North, at speed.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well what a win it was. Sadly I couldn’t be there I will be for Manly next Saturday though.

Thats our boys hunger, desire, passion, committed, desperation, connected, all heart and effort etc…. the list goes on.

We were on right from the start and doing those effort areas is making a big difference. Huge raps to Hornby and Furnsy for helping get the boys up like this in the background. We need to enjoy it and keep building on it. Run hard tackle hard scramble well etc complete your sets highly show patience in attack etc……

Trell what can you say a man on a mission baby! I really am liking him kicking the ball his kicking game is very good and it’s added a whole new dimension to our game and allows us to pin our opposition more deep in their own half. He’s getting his hands on the ball more with the shit work too and he’s defending better. Just wants to be in on everything that’s the Trell we love.

AJ a better game from him made more tough hit ups out of yardage too. And the try to go to 191 what a moment it brought tears to my eyes AAAAAJJJJJJJJJJJ

Mline did his job 21 hit ups around 170 metres had a silly error or two and fell off a couple of tackles but tried his heart out.

Kennar not as involved as I’d like but did a pretty good job on I think it was Cobbo overall. Did get caught out a couple of times. His high shot to get binned though was idiotic and I was worried it would cost us thank goodness it didn’t.

Gagai well what a trysaver that was I loved it one of my favourite highlights of the match. He did well to get out of the in goal too which was another big play. 15 runs for 122 metres a high workrate and looks more comfortable at this level. Really loving what he’s doing currently well done Gags we are all proud of ya!

Wighton it was a better game from him kicking game was good and he ran the ball strongly and gave us good direction. He is starting to form a good combo with Cody. For now I’d leave Jack at 6.

Cody adjusting to playing on the right he did well in defence and in attack, looked lively with the ball and dangerous he’s finding form now.

Moale well he’s going good another strong game looked strong in his work with strong carries and was strong in defence. Bounced out of a Haas tackle I think it was too which I loved well done Davvy.

Cook: It was a strong game from him he was at his best his try was very good loved it DDDAAMMMIIEEEENNN! His running game was at its best all night and he was strong in defence good game from him. Made 41 tackles too.

Keppie apart from the 1 error after our first try he made 99 metres with a couple of tackle busts and offloads and made 18 tackles. Was good I thought overall. I do think Moale was slightly better though but maybe it’s just me.

Chee Kam was a strong effort from him ran the ball well 16 runs for 130 metres and 21 tackles but missed 7 so that’s a work on for him. He is doing his job and that’s all we can ask.

Arrow well he does it again a strong game. The bloke is in lots of pain but you wouldn’t know it he’s a machine out there. 16 runs 123 metres with 5 tackle busts and an offload and 30 tackles only missing 1. Hope he’s ok looked in lots of discomfort near the end of the game.

Keaon: HE IS BACK BABY! How much better does he look in the middle! 21 runs 201 metres just enormous from him and 29 tackles. He’s giving us great go forward and I think his home is in the middle. Loved his try as well it was brilliant.

Pete: Not much to say only came on with 3mins left

Murray: Welcome back skipper was a good first game back boy have we missed you. 14 runs 110 metres and 27 tackles he played with the purpose we know he does just busy doesn’t stop. A good 50mins from him.

Duncan: He looked good in his 34mins. Ran with real purpose and made 99 metres from 12 runs and 6 tackle busts along with 17 tackles. He’s building his confidence it is great to see.

Tom made 12 runs for 127 metres in 26mins made a strong impact just what we wanted some damaging runs well played Tom.

All in all what an enjoyable win our best of the season so far in the rain to play like that too against a quality Brisbane side and we just wanted it more.

Lets have another round of Glory Glory why not it’s the best we have played in over a year!