What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 15 - Vs Broncos

speedster

Juniors
Lost

Listen man. Be optimistic forget about finishing anywhere near last place. The lights for this entire club were turned back on once Bennett committed himself and all knew what was happening.
The train is now travelling North at speed.
Burt is effectively doing much of the coaching now. He is running two sides simultaneously. I heard Cook tell Nine news that he has been talking to Bennett quote "a lot" re his playing future and the St George offer. One can thus assume Bennett is speaking to many of the others too, in addition to giving Hornby guidance and tips.
With the impending return of good players, back the side to Win games even take the 7-12 13-18 and 19+ margin options. Just as I knew the squad would continue to go South under dopey Demetriou, I know that the portents have changed and that the dial is now pointing North, at speed.
Agreed. But, like the players I like to just take it one week at a time. It's a cliché but it is the way to go I reckon.

Cheers 😉

doyen

Bench
After Rd. 15 teams position on ladder[byes looking forward counted]--
1.STORM 24 pts + 2 pts =26 pts.
2. PANTHERS 22 pts + 4 pts = 26 pts
3. SHARKS 22 pts + 4 pts = 26 pts
4. DOLPHINS 20 pts. + 2 pts =22 pts
5. ROOSTERS 18 +4 = 22 pts.
6.BULLDOGS 18 pts. + 2 =20pts.
7. RAIDERS 18 pts. + 2 = 20pts.
8. MANLY 17 pts + 4 =21 pts.
9. BRONCOS 16 pts + 4 =20 pts
10. COWBOYS 16 pts + 6 pts=22 pts.

11. DRAGONS 16 pts + 4 =20 pts.
12. WARRIORS 15 pts + 4 =19pts.
13. KNIGHTS 14 pts + 4 = 18 pts.
14. RABBITOHS. 12 pts. + 2 = 14 pts.
15. EELS 10 + 4 pts = 14 pts.
Note- byes counted in ladder points.
Manly are 8th on 21 pts--Sths are 7 pts in reality behind them in 14th spot.
Teams get 3 byes .
Sths play Manly at Accor this Saturday !!
The Cowboys have their first bye this coming round so they have 6 pts to add going forward !!

Last edited:

Steenson123

Juniors

Teams get 3 byes .
The Cowboys have their first bye this coming round so they have 6 pts to add going forward !!
This analysis omits to mention that the current table standings fail to reflect the pathetic coaching regime that the club has been subjected to for the past two seasons. Now as I mentioned above, with Bennett now effectively in charge, even at distance the 7 point gap with Manly is meaningless, it hides the fact that the squad has been severly handicapped by a dud Coach. Even commentators are shocked by the dramatic performance upturn and the real effort being displayed by all players.
Comparison to Parramatta is more instructive. Like us Parramatta has some tremendous players on its roster, game winners. Yet since Aurthur's exit the club has been stumbling like a drunk on the midnight ferry from Liverpool to Ireland crossing the Irish Sea [having been on it once during a Rugby tour it is a very scary excursion!] and in its past two games they should have won, but instead they lost. Parramatta, like us wanted to make a late charge home, given the fact that they have significantly underachieved. We could have sunk against Brisbane with two men short for 20 minutes BUT we held firm. Parramtta players have openly requested that a new coach be appointed but their regime has failed to committ to anyone, leaving their playing lights dim.
I do not argue that playoffs are certain. However, the high positive energy derived from Burt's confirmation is the exact inverse to what prevailed under Demetriou and it is positive energy that Parramtta currently lack, and this will make game predictions very tricky. For example Brisbane and GC were BOTH favourites in the betting yet we beat both by double digits, and let us be honest, we trampled on both.
The paltry, egregious 1-9 start has likely abrogated playoff hopes but there is one thing we know about this club: when bad they are terrible, disgusting, BUT when they are on anything is possible, they grow another leg and shock many.

Steenson123

Juniors
Agreed. But, like the players I like to just take it one week at a time. It's a cliché but it is the way to go I reckon.

Cheers 😉
Hornby has come out in public and stated that the club has good players and that he expects the side to Win. I expect more wins and in dry conditions, the scoreboard to be lit up.

speedster

Juniors

Teams get 3 byes .
It's a very even comp and we are realistically 6 points behind those four teams on 20 but with such a bad differential that it virtually counts as needing to win an extra game - unless we can rack up the big wins consistently from here.

But whether it's 3 wins or 4 wins from the 8, we are a very realistic chance of hauling that in, especially with some gun troops returning and hopefully we manage to keep our best players on the park in the run home while other clubs cop the same sort of injury curse we did to start the year.

We are well in the hunt now the engine is running.