What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 25 - Vs Knights

callmack1

Staff member
Looking towards Round 25 as we take on the Knights this coming Saturday, back home at Accor. Honestly, it’s hard to get enthused for this one and I really don’t know what to say anymore. We have simply reached the point in the Season where I just want it to end and I’m sure a lot of us feel the same. I’m a tragic, so give it a couple days and I’ll be up for it and as keen as anything, but it’s just really taken the wind out of the Season now.

I guess Newcastle is a bit of a weaker side but honestly, if we can’t beat the friggin Tigers, then we won’t be beating the Knights. Especially not without Cody. Therefore, all I want to see is some pride and effort similar to the games against the Storm and Sharks. Just show us something and at least treat our home fans a little.

I just fear that we’re out of gas, and this could be another embarrassing one, especially if Ponga comes to play.

It’s Member Appreciation Round, so at least that’s something. The boys will be wearing our special members jersey, celebrating our 2014 Premiership win, and I believe the club has somethings planned to commemorate that victory 10 years ago. That will probably be the highlight of the night.

Aside from that, it could be another rough one so strap in and get ready.

speedster

Juniors
Dean Hawkins to play 7 this week with Walker being sidelined by concussion protocol
Scored a good try with a step close to the line in the highlights. Also dug into the line and got a shift out to Munro going which was another try highlight.

callmack1

Staff member

Gamble is out for them, so at least that's something. But, in bad news, Bradman Best might be back for this one. Ughhhhh

For us, I really want to see Gray in the halves. Move Gags to fullback, Munro on the right wing and maybe play Cook or Thompson in the centers. F**k it. Why not? What have we got to lose?

Hellray

Juniors
Hawkins got confirmed already as the half.

but Munro will come back in for Kennar, so Tyty to the wing and Myers to center.

wouldn’t expect too many other changes.
Hopefully they drop Host and play LeBlanc instead

Thadius

Juniors
The side is in:

1- Jye Gray
2- Fletcher Myers
3- Taane Milne
4- Richie Kennar
5- Jacob Gagai
6- Jack Wighton
7- Dean Hawkins
8- Davvy Moale
9- Damien Cook
10- Sean Keppie
11- Keaon Koloamatangi
12- Tallis Duncan
13- Cameron Murray (c)

Interchange:

14- Peter Mamouzelos
15- Jacob Host
16- Thomas Burgess
17- Shaquai Mitchell
18- Siliva Havili
19- Liam Le Blanc
20- Michael Chee Kam
21- Izaac Tu’itupou Thompson
22- Tyrone Munro

That's as bad a Souths side I've seen in years!

callmack1

Staff member

Disappointing line up for our Round 25 clash with the Knights. Very disappointing.

Was really hoping they'd do something different and experiment, at least give us a bit of excitement. But no, they'll stick with the same old plodders who have proven they're not up to it. The only real change is Hawkins in for Cody, but this is exactly what I'm talking about. Put Gray in there for f**k sake!

Obviously Kennar has been named as they're fighting the charge, but I don't they'll try anything different if he's out, it'll be Thompson to center.

The rest of the side is the same.

Disappointing.

Eric the great

Juniors

Disappointing line up for our Round 25 clash with the Knights. Very disappointing.

Was really hoping they'd do something different and experiment, at least give us a bit of excitement. But no, they'll stick with the same old plodders who have proven they're not up to it. The only real change is Hawkins in for Cody, but this is exactly what I'm talking about. Put Gray in there for f**k sake!

Obviously Kennar has been named as they're fighting the charge, but I don't they'll try anything different if he's out, it'll be Thompson to center.

The rest of the side is the same.

Disappointing.
News flash we are a depleted squad and coach Hornby who is paid to select sides has gone with who he thinks is best suited for the side at this time of crisis

callmack1

Staff member
News flash we are a depleted squad and coach Hornby who is paid to select sides has gone with who he thinks is best suited for the side at this time of crisis
I get that, I'm not dumb. But why Hawkins? Our Season is gone anyone and we're a slim chance of winning this as it is, plus, Hawkins isn't even gonna be there next year, why not look to the future?

Eric the great

Juniors
I get that, I'm not dumb. But why Hawkins? Our Season is gone anyone and we're a slim chance of winning this as it is, plus, Hawkins isn't even gonna be there next year, why not look to the future?
I never called yo dumb and I wouldn’t the coach is looking after his resume best he can