What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

callmack1

Staff member
The non-paywalled version -

I LOVE that from Wayne!! I absolutely f**king LOVE that! He hasn't even officially started yet, and he's already in there shaking the place up. That right there is exactly what we need. An entire shift in standards, an entire shift in mentality and it starts before the players have even gone on their breaks.

No one in that room should be safe and no one in that room should be under any allusions of what's expected of them once they return to Pre-Season.

Love it Wayne, let's f**king go!!

The shift in our club begins now!

Steenson123

Juniors
I reckon humphreys and dodd will shine my info is ilias has no club interested i find it bizarre that we let reyno go for this second rate dud.i suggest the rorters are still laughing their heads off dont forget we had ilias and the rorters had sam walker ffs.
Right now, Easts are crying, in tears. Their season has almost collapsed, with absolutely zero chance of any Title. Plus just think, they beat Seibold then its ... down to face The Witch and his gang!
What a dud finish Easts have in store!!

Steenson123

Juniors
Dodd is smaller than Cleary--he is 175 cms,83 kgs ,22 yrs old.

Cleary is 182 cms ,92 kgs ,26 yrs
Whatever the exact difference. Dodd looks a little larger on the field. Facts say that Dodd can play, he can play at a high level and he is hungry to prove himself outside the SL. He has a win against Cleary at Penrith, he actually booted the winning FG, so going there will bring good memories for the lad.
The man is young and has won everything he possibly can in the UK, x 3. He desires to play under Burt and to prove he can compete with the best RL can offer.

Telecrap and Ch9 reporting that Uncle Benny turned up to Maroubra and got stuck into the team. Telecrap has the headline, "Bennett didn't f××k around"
Very Good. They deserve it, especially one particular player, hope he copped it too.

The powder puff twins are a disgrace to both their clubs they both should be cut loose now we all know why both these individuals either laugh non stop like a hyena whilst the other one's attitude stinks of their current generation of today..

truthslayer

Juniors
There's no doubt Latrell is a brilliant footballer, BUT he has no discipline to make a top player , the arrival of Wayne Bennet will determine his future and there will be no crap and lazy players tolerated , not just Mitchell but Cody walker , Koolamatangi , he want players that perform for all there time on the field, no sleepy sleepy. It will be interesting to see where he fits Gray into the 17 , Lets hope there are a couple of more forwards signings to come. Wayne will work it out you can bet on that, he has to much experience and success to let the likes of Mitchell dictate.

Steenson123

Juniors
Lastly ilias was rated 14th i think out of 17 half backs in the nrl last year I personally think he is the 17th worst half back to ever lace up a boot period cobber.
Attention. Ilias did start as #7 in a side that easily won Two Playoff games at A Grade level, against Easts and Up Up Malaka. He also starred against Up Up Malaka @ Kurnell Oval at the start of 2023, so he has very some positive form at A Grade level. His deterioration in form coincided with Demetriou's reign as coach. The longer the dope remained the more severe the drop off in Ilias's form. Virtually the entire squad deteriorated in form and fitness, so the last stretch of Ilias's poor perfomances can be somewhat discounted.
I would give him a shot at #9 because he can defend, he is very fit, can sometimes put in a decent red zone kick and staying in the middle will simplify a game plan for him. In any event, I shall leave that to The Legend.

callmack1

Staff member

Yasssssss!!!!! Fantastic to finally have this all locked in and confirmed! I am one happy chappy after seeing this news!

I know some will be against it, but I still maintain I'm all for it! This honestly has the potential to be the signing of the Season, especially if it's for under $300k as reported. He has the potential to give us an $800k or something like that output if that makes sense.

Wayne will get the best out of him, I believe that, and this signing has a Wayne project written all over him. Just imagine what a fit and focused Josh Schuster could do for us under Wayne?!!! Wowwwww!

The one-year signing is great too because it's zero risk. If he doesn't put in, and if it doesn't work, then no harm done and we cut him loose.

Great stuff Souths!! I'm excited about this! Could be huge!!

speedster

Juniors
He is an interesting signing.

more coverage in the halves, can play lock or second row (even though he doesn’t want to)

but will be decent depth or a bench player that can help cover for injuries or suspensions
Needs to accept he's an edge forward and fully embrace the workload that comes with it as well as do the fancy stuff. Yes, he can fill in at 5/8 if needed which is handy but so can quite a few others we have in the top 17 with Jack, Jye and even Latrell being able to switch there mid-match if Wayne needs a replacement.

But if Schuster can't get rock hard fit, then it will be the end of him and he'll end up in England. Get fit, roll the sleeves up and be a happy hit up and tackling man first and foremost and then we could have a gem on our hands with the ball playing addition that will give us the first genuine like-for-like replacement for John Sutton since he retired.

Parra managed to get Bryce Cartwright going by having him focus on business first, party time second. Wayne is the man to do the same with Schuster and bingo. Business first probably means prove yourself in reggies to start with and earn your spot in the top 17 through hard work that is consistent.