What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

ADAM_SMITH

Juniors
I would be signing Matt Lodge. He wouldnt be more then 200 to 250k for a First grade prop with close 100 to 150 games that would be amazing.

2 year deal, people saying his pass but his past the roosters and manly accepted it. His abit of the mongrel we need.

I would love RCG but that boat has sailed.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well done Tyrone very well deserved proud of you mate. Especially with how hard you work in the community etc and having had hurdles this year and the last 18 months with several injuries and losing loved ones etc……. We saw a glimpse at back end of season what he can do he’s got such a bright future still only 19. He will be our winger for the next decade!

ADAM_SMITH

Juniors

Well done Tyrone very well deserved proud of you mate. Especially with how hard you work in the community etc and having had hurdles this year and the last 18 months with several injuries and losing loved ones etc……. We saw a glimpse at back end of season what he can do he’s got such a bright future still only 19. He will be our winger for the next decade!
Hoping he transitions into our fullback for the next decade lol

Rabbits20

Immortal
It was the speech that silenced a room full of footballers and officials. South Sydney’s Tyrone Munro had the Winx Room at Randwick Racecourse on the verge of tears on Wednesday night as he accepted the Summons-Provan medal and spoke about the tragic loss of his mother and uncle within a matter of days earlier this year.

The Rabbitohs and rugby league wrapped their arms around Munro as he endured a devastating loss and on rugby league’s night of nights, he returned serve as he spoke about how much the support of the rugby league fraternity meant to him.

Munro lost his mother on a Wednesday and then his uncle on a Friday. He was given the chance to sit out Souths’ game against Perth later that night but decided to play, scoring two tries and celebrating the performance afterwards with a battalion of family members who had made the trip to watch him play.

South Sydney's Tyrone Munro made an incredibly moving speech. Picture: NRL Photos

South Sydney’s Tyrone Munro made an incredibly moving speech. Picture: NRL Photos

“What an incredible honour it is to stand before you tonight as the recipient of the Provan-Summons Medal,” Munro said.

“This award means so much to me — not just for the recognition, but for what it represents: the true spirit of our game

“This year has been the hardest of my 19 years. The recent loss of my mother and uncle. Their strength and love have shaped who I am, and their memory fuels my determination every time I step onto that field.

“I carry them with me in every game, while also drawing courage from the unity and support of my teammates, we are together unbreakable.

“Most importantly, I want to dedicate this award to my mum Kirawhan who made me the man I am today and taught me that nothing is given to you, you gotta earn it in this life.

“Mum, Uncle Dunka, my family, my teammates at Souths, and all the supporters you inspire me every day.

“A special thank you to the South Sydney Rabbitohs, Blake Solly our CEO, coach Benny Hornby and the entire team for your unwavering support and always having my back on and off the field.

“You have created an environment where we can thrive and push each other to be our best selves. I hope to inspire the next generation and my indigenous community as a proud Gamilaraay Man.

“I always promise to play with heart, respect and love for my family. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.”