What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Squad List

I’m not sure that is what Flanno said?

I thought it was more so Lomax May get a shot at FB in the off-season?
Correct AG, Flanno said Lomax would be given a chance to compete for the position. If Lomax improves his acceleration and his link play, he may have a chance of winning the full back role. He is certainly the better defender.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
The area that the best fullbacks seem to nail like Teddy or Edwards is taking the runs early in the count that get the forward pack playing fast

These two guys are brilliant making sure their pack gets their 50m down field via they incisive dummy half runs and or kick return

For me it is the area of impact that separates the fullbacks.

Sloan is not that guy that can take off from dummy half on the 3rd tackle and make 10m with a quick play of the ball when we need it

That kills us vs what Teddy and Edwards can do for their team and field position

Walpole

Juniors
So he said we can expect 2-3 more signings before Christmas. I am going to take a wild stab based off the rumours from the last few weeks at who they might be:
1. Shawn Blore
2. Cade Cust
3. Dan Russell
Based on our usual recruitment, this is probably very close to the mark.

possm

Coach
The area that the best fullbacks seem to nail like Teddy or Edwards is taking the runs early in the count that get the forward pack playing fast

These two guys are brilliant making sure their pack gets their 50m down field via they incisive dummy half runs and or kick return

For me it is the area of impact that separates the fullbacks.

Sloan is not that guy that can take off from dummy half on the 3rd tackle and make 10m with a quick play of the ball when we need it

That kills us vs what Teddy and Edwards can do for their team and field position
For me the biggest difference between Sloan and the top fullbacks is the way the top fullbacks organize their backline in defense. We are stripped for numbers all the time and have no answer to opposition backlines because of this.

I'm confident that Flanno is aware of this and will make the necessary adjustments. What pleases me most at the moment is that it appears to me that Flanno realizes the team was not fit enough and has changed his staff in an effort to take care of this.

Some of the players Flanno is rumored to be interested in signing will fall into line once he does land a top prop or two. But the secret to him being successful will be the offloading of Hunt at no expense to the Dragons.

As far as attracting the right players to join the Club, the situation is what it is we have made so many bad choices in the past and, mainly because of this, it will take a huge effort to right the ship.

Fullback
From my point of view, Sloan is not ready to occupy our fullback position mainly because of his lack of experience in organizing his backline and his reluctance to put his body on the line in defense.

Suali is my preferred choice followed by Holmes.

Wingers
I am sure we have wingers within the Club that Flanno can work with in the off-season to do an adequate job. I do not believe he will recruit a winger.

Centers
If Flanno recruits a fullback, you can be sure that Lomax will occupy the right center position and I think Suli can be trained and made fit enough to do the job on the left. The defensive problems on our left were caused by mistakes made inside of left-center and that really needs to be addressed in the off-season.

Lomax and Suli are first-grade centers that can do a much better job in 2024 if made fit and given some guidance in attack and defense.

Five-eighth
This is where it gets tricky as it will need a situation whereby Hunt moves on to free up cap space to recruit a new five-eighth. If Amone is available, Flanno could go with him shower like Sloan, I believe he is not ready at this time in his career. He may surprise all by being available and improving out of sight in the off-season under Flanno's tutorage.

Amone if available and if he can be prepared well enough during the off-season. Unless of course, Flanno has a good five-eighth in mind.

Halfback
I am tipping Hunt to move on at no cost to the Dragons which will free up about 900k of cap space. Flanno recruited his son Kyle and so, if he scrubs up in the off-season, I'm sure he will get the first chance at halfback.

K Flannagan will be our halfback.

Props
'There is no doubt in my mind that two new props are Flanno's priority and at this stage, we do not know who they are.

Two New Props from the ESL will be Flanno's recruitment target.

Hooker

There is some talk about Jayden Brailey from Newcastle being chased to fill the hooker position. After watching Liddle do the job in 2023, I do believe we need an upgrade. Liddle can fill the role. there are not many other decent hookers on the market however we may be surprised mid-season to see one of our young juniors push for selection. hunt is reluctant to play for the club in this position.

Jayden Brailey would be my preferred hooker.

Edge Forwards

Su'a is hands down our best edge forward and will retain the job on the right edge. However, the left edge is up for grabs and I'm tipping R Couchman to win selection for this position.

R Couchman and Su'A will be our edge forwards in 2024

Lock

In my opinion, De Belin is still by far our best option for the lock position and the only way I see him not being our lock is if we are short of options at prop so he is moved to the prop position.

De Belin should be our lock in 2024.

Rocket Rod

Juniors
For me the biggest difference between Sloan and the top fullbacks is the way the top fullbacks organize their backline in defense. We are stripped for numbers all the time and have no answer to opposition backlines because of this.

I'm confident that Flanno is aware of this and will make the necessary adjustments. What pleases me most at the moment is that it appears to me that Flanno realizes the team was not fit enough and has changed his staff in an effort to take care of this.

Some of the players Flanno is rumored to be interested in signing will fall into line once he does land a top prop or two. But the secret to him being successful will be the offloading of Hunt at no expense to the Dragons.

As far as attracting the right players to join the Club, the situation is what it is we have made so many bad choices in the past and, mainly because of this, it will take a huge effort to right the ship.

Fullback
From my point of view, Sloan is not ready to occupy our fullback position mainly because of his lack of experience in organizing his backline and his reluctance to put his body on the line in defense.

Suali is my preferred choice followed by Holmes.

Wingers
I am sure we have wingers within the Club that Flanno can work with in the off-season to do an adequate job. I do not believe he will recruit a winger.

Centers
If Flanno recruits a fullback, you can be sure that Lomax will occupy the right center position and I think Suli can be trained and made fit enough to do the job on the left. The defensive problems on our left were caused by mistakes made inside of left-center and that really needs to be addressed in the off-season.

Lomax and Suli are first-grade centers that can do a much better job in 2024 if made fit and given some guidance in attack and defense.

Five-eighth
This is where it gets tricky as it will need a situation whereby Hunt moves on to free up cap space to recruit a new five-eighth. If Amone is available, Flanno could go with him shower like Sloan, I believe he is not ready at this time in his career. He may surprise all by being available and improving out of sight in the off-season under Flanno's tutorage.

Amone if available and if he can be prepared well enough during the off-season. Unless of course, Flanno has a good five-eighth in mind.

Halfback
I am tipping Hunt to move on at no cost to the Dragons which will free up about 900k of cap space. Flanno recruited his son Kyle and so, if he scrubs up in the off-season, I'm sure he will get the first chance at halfback.

K Flannagan will be our halfback.

Props
'There is no doubt in my mind that two new props are Flanno's priority and at this stage, we do not know who they are.

Two New Props from the ESL will be Flanno's recruitment target.

Hooker

There is some talk about Jayden Brailey from Newcastle being chased to fill the hooker position. After watching Liddle do the job in 2023, I do believe we need an upgrade. Liddle can fill the role. there are not many other decent hookers on the market however we may be surprised mid-season to see one of our young juniors push for selection. hunt is reluctant to play for the club in this position.

Jayden Brailey would be my preferred hooker.

Edge Forwards

Su'a is hands down our best edge forward and will retain the job on the right edge. However, the left edge is up for grabs and I'm tipping R Couchman to win selection for this position.

R Couchman and Su'A will be our edge forwards in 2024

Lock

In my opinion, De Belin is still by far our best option for the lock position and the only way I see him not being our lock is if we are short of options at prop so he is moved to the prop position.

De Belin should be our lock in 2024.
I like your analysis of our current and forward needs
I don’t mind his son at half , when he’s at his best he has similar traits to Cleary who also thrives under his father.
The roosters liked what they saw when he played under his dad at the sharks.
Capt Hunt should be told he’s playing hooker as he would excel there in clubland with a capable backup hooker. Otherwise Ciao Benny

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Anyone seen much of the 2 Manly boys that were brought over to the club earlier in the year? Fafita and Tuitavake? We never got to see them in FG? They will be like 2 new signings for 2024. Flanno was at Manly at the time so he would know a fair bit about them. From memory both had huge potential especially Fafita. Coric also never played due to injury so interested to see how he goes. Those 3 may be pushing Billy burns out of the squad if he re-signs. They will at least provide some depth.

Anyone seen much of the 2 Manly boys that were brought over to the club earlier in the year? Fafita and Tuitavake? We never got to see them in FG? They will be like 2 new signings for 2024. Flanno was at Manly at the time so he would know a fair bit about them. From memory both had huge potential especially Fafita. Coric also never played due to injury so interested to see how he goes. Those 3 may be pushing Billy burns out of the squad if he re-signs. They will at least provide some depth.
Slippery,
I saw them both play in a KOE Cup game a few months back.
Fifita i think injured his knee that day, so he did not get a lot of game time.
He is an imposing figure though.
Tall and a very solid build.
Could be the answer to our need for another big bopper in our prop rotation.
Liked what I saw of Tuitavake.
Solid, but built closer to the ground.
Played some back row and lock.
Not shy in taking the ball up, and his defence was also okay.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
PlayerYear 1Year 2Year 3
Ben Hunt20242025
Ben Murdoch-Masila2024
Billy Burns
Blake Lawrie202420252026
Cody Ramsey2024
Connor Muhleisen
Francis Molo2024
Hame Sele*202420252026
Jack de Belin2024
Jack Bird2024MO
Jacob Liddle20242025MO
Jaiyden Hunt2024
Jaydn Su’A2024
Kyle Flanagan*20242025
Mathew Feagai2024
Max Feagai2024
Michael Molo2024
Mikaele Ravalawa202420252026
Moses Suli2024
Paul Turner2024
Savelio Tamale2024
Sione Finau20242025
Talatau Amone2024
Tyrell Sloan2024
Viliami Fifita20242025
Zac Lomax202420252026
Development List
Alec Tuitavake2024
Jackson Shereb2024
Josh Coric2024
Hamish Stewart2024
Dylan Egan2024
From NRL.COM

qld redvee

Juniors
PlayerYear 1Year 2Year 3
Ben Hunt20242025
Ben Murdoch-Masila2024
Billy Burns
Blake Lawrie202420252026
Cody Ramsey2024
Connor Muhleisen
Francis Molo2024
Hame Sele*202420252026
Jack de Belin2024
Jack Bird2024MO
Jacob Liddle20242025MO
Jaiyden Hunt2024
Jaydn Su’A2024
Kyle Flanagan*20242025
Mathew Feagai2024
Max Feagai2024
Michael Molo2024
Mikaele Ravalawa202420252026
Moses Suli2024
Paul Turner2024
Savelio Tamale2024
Sione Finau20242025
Talatau Amone2024
Tyrell Sloan2024
Viliami Fifita20242025
Zac Lomax202420252026
Development List
Alec Tuitavake2024
Jackson Shereb2024
Josh Coric2024
Hamish Stewart2024
Dylan Egan2024
From NRL.COM
jaiden hunt has been released and signed with bronx

Dea

Juniors
Looking at that list, come 1st November a number of our squad could be signed by other clubs

Banger

Juniors
I made a point of keeping a close eye on these two.
Fifita always seemed to be carrying an injury. But yes , big and athletic.
Tuitavake to me was the most impressive of the two. Not as big but had a lot more impact on the game.
Pretty excited to see them in 2024