What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Squad List

TruSaint

Referee
Dragons are trying to make sure that Cody get the best possible medical help, by keeping him on for another 2 years this will help him out and the NRL know this isnt a rort by us, they also know its very highly unlikely he will ever play first grade again, this is just looking after his welfare and mental health as well, hopefully we do something like the West Tigers did with Simon Dwyer and keep him on in some capacity if he can never play again..

As they should.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Gives him time to Re train also and move into a new career option

His income spread across two financial years will end up most likely better net also

This recommendation by the Dragons is very very hard to argue given that u could ask 3 doctors and all would be all saying the same about this condition …….it is a 1% chance Cody will be able to train and withstand the rigours of professional sport every again. Maybe less than that sadly.

Mental health wise, the support, the club and team will be such a great move by the NRL over two years vs one and or months.

Even if it was the Roosters or Bennett at the Dolphins you would support the suggested pathway to good health that the Dragons have recommended no matter what the club.

possm

Coach
Wishlist 24/25

5/8
Halfback
Fullback
Prop
Backrow edge
Hooker

We have max 5 spots unless we move on a few others ie the 4 below must have targets on their backs to find new clubs

Fegai x 2
BMM
Birdy

If that was the case then we have up to 9 spots available once Ramsey and Amone have been addressed
5/8 - Flannagan
Halfback - Dearon
Fullback - Tracey
Prop - AFB
Backrow edge - Couchman - BBM - Bird - Eisonhoof
Hooker - Ben Hunt

1. Tracey
2. Junior
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. K Flannagan
7. Deardon
8. AFB
9. Hunt
10. F Molo
11. Couchman
12. Su'A
13. De Belin

14. Liddle
15. Lawrie
16. Fifita
17. Eisenhoof

possm

Coach
Dropping Cody out of the top 30, splitting his wage over two years and allowing him access to insurances/RLPA/support is something to be proud of for us. I doubt the NRL are that heartless given the circumstances.

Take him out and potentially Amone and our current squad is sitting at 25 ... there will definately be some names added to the top 30 before season starts.

Hoping they are 1st graders not Supplementary players.
Why not have one of our Illawarra clubs sign him for two seasons to help him recover for two seasons.

redv13

Bench
5/8 - Flannagan
Halfback - Dearon
Fullback - Tracey
Prop - AFB
Backrow edge - Couchman - BBM - Bird - Eisonhoof
Hooker - Ben Hunt

1. Tracey
2. Junior
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. K Flannagan
7. Deardon
8. AFB
9. Hunt
10. F Molo
11. Couchman
12. Su'A
13. De Belin

14. Liddle
15. Lawrie
16. Fifita
17. Eisenhoof
Out of curiosity is that Amone on the wing??

rasaint

Juniors
Thought I would return to a suggestion from a post a few weeks ago, given that 2024 still seems to be a bit short of us gaining some top level players. I do acknowledge that AFB 2024 signing still hanging around a bit.

Anyway, the Sharks premiership win 2016 had a beefed up Matt Prior as one of the important elements of the team. He left us as a lanky back rower / centre; of course had talent for sure. Flanagan picked him up and he or someone recognised that with an extra 7 to 10 kgs he could be moulded into a strong and effective front rower. In their push for 2016 Prior was just that and I remember he matched up with the best front rowers at the time, pumped up a reported 7 kg.

I have always noticed that Matt Feagai returns strongly in traffic. In a sweeping backline move by opposition teams can get caught out but a good front on tackler. Lacks genuine speed for an NRL winger but has scored some strong try’s where he powerless over carrying defenders. Of course, his ‘famous’ try against the Broncs from 50 metres out carrying blokes and breaking tackles his career highlight. When need a couple of backrower coming 2024 year. I’d like to see him with 7 kg extra weight and mixing it up in the forwards and would be a possible good running backrower ( he isn’t bog slow just not a speedster for wing).

Just read an interview with Flanagan on NRL.com
Not sure if anyone else has posted this, but after suffering the ankle injury, Sloan also broke his thumb.
Flanagan said he has put on some kgs, but you would have to think the program that Flanagan wants to put him on to toughen the kid up etc would be way behind where it would have been if Sloan had not suffered these two injuries.

jeffdragon

Bench

inside_pass

Bench
Just read an interview with Flanagan on NRL.com
Not sure if anyone else has posted this, but after suffering the ankle injury, Sloan also broke his thumb.
Flanagan said he has put on some kgs, but you would have to think the program that Flanagan wants to put him on to toughen the kid up etc would be way behind where it would have been if Sloan had not suffered these two injuries.
I'm not sure if Flanagan will be able to find Sloan a 'heart' which is what he needs.

Latest posts