What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 World Club Challenge

MugaB

Coach
No one should after that. More wrestling in the tackles than in Perth
This feels like the ball calls in the perth 9s all over again, without the video refs, pre season games have just turned me off all these type of trial matches, just isn't worth the injuries anymore

betcats

Referee
Turuva would never try that in a trial. Anyway was never a fan of going to play that game. If we win it’s not really a big deal, if we lose it’s all doom and gloom. Some dodgy calls, cleary playing poorly, typical first run of the year stuff and we still created two chances tgat would’ve won us the game if not for brain farts. Waste of time and money overall. Wigan played well, good on em.

Yeo was great, liked what I saw for from cole even though we stayed away from our edges most of the game. Left edge defensive combo of May and Turuva is going to take some time.

shake it off and get home to prep for the real season.

Munky

Coach
Attack was pure shit when in their twenty

Same as early last year.

My only big takeaway, hopefully it doesn't take two months to fix.

Panther Mike

Juniors
Pretty gutted with another loss in this but what a sham of a match! Incompetent refereeing and shit outdated rules that we are not used to playing by.
Too many poor performers in our team though. I can see how we’ll miss Crichton and Leniu etc and it could be another slowish start to the NRL season after this disappointment.

I still have zero interest in the English Super League though. It doesn’t matter how many times we lose, I’d rather watch aerial ping pong or Yawnion than that shit.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Pretty gutted with another loss in this but what a sham of a match! Incompetent refereeing and shit outdated rules that we are not used to playing by.
Too many poor performers in our team though. I can see how we’ll miss Crichton and Leniu etc and it could be another slowish start to the NRL season after this disappointment.

I still have zero interest in the English Super League though. It doesn’t matter how many times we lose, I’d rather watch aerial ping pong or Yawnion than that shit.
Pick Huth on the bench was incompetent stuff from Ivan really

TroyJax

Juniors
Maybe Cleary has spent too much time hanging around with a Matilda.
Her losing ways are rubbing off on him. He was terrible.

MugaB

Coach
Turuva would never try that in a trial. Anyway was never a fan of going to play that game. If we win it’s not really a big deal, if we lose it’s all doom and gloom. Some dodgy calls, cleary playing poorly, typical first run of the year stuff and we still created two chances tgat would’ve won us the game if not for brain farts. Waste of time and money overall. Wigan played well, good on em.

Yeo was great, liked what I saw for from cole even though we stayed away from our edges most of the game. Left edge defensive combo of May and Turuva is going to take some time.

shake it off and get home to prep for the real season.
Not to mention we were scared of trying 5th tackle kicks, no planetary bombs, i get it was a tactic early on, but with us trailing for most of the game, it should have been a major option in the kit bag, especially since cole was kinda useless out there..
He played well, but one out running wasn't going to win us games, need to set up his outside, its exactly what we were missing without luai there, hell schnieder probably would have sunk in a few of those classic grubbers, but ivan being ivan would rather play a young cole, than an experienced SL half in schnieder, considering he was rivaling the other halfbacks over there, it was a dumb move to have him as the 18th man, there's too much of this lets give these guys a chance shit costing us wins we could get, I'd rather lose games during origin and play young guys then than early easier wins at the start of the season

Iamback

Coach
Not to mention we were scared of trying 5th tackle kicks, no planetary bombs, i get it was a tactic early on, but with us trailing for most of the game, it should have been a major option in the kit bag, especially since cole was kinda useless out there..
He played well, but one out running wasn't going to win us games, need to set up his outside, its exactly what we were missing without luai there, hell schnieder probably would have sunk in a few of those classic grubbers, but ivan being ivan would rather play a young cole, than an experienced SL half in schnieder, considering he was rivaling the other halfbacks over there, it was a dumb move to have him as the 18th man

I rate Cole long term but that was my concern with him, Too one dimensional

TroyJax

Juniors
Luckily for you Penrith aren’t in the Super League.
The superior playing style of those teams upsets their flow.