What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2GB, ABC or Triple M, who do you listen to for your league coverage?

Which radio station do you listen to for your league coverage?

• 2GB

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Triple M

Votes: 74 49.3%
  • ABC

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Don't listen to league on the radio

Votes: 10 6.7%

• Total voters

Brutus

Referee
Can Gorden Tallis get through a shift at Triple M without mentioning his alleged foe Wayne Bennett about 40 times?

Dan ginnane has to yell his commentary even when it's not exciting. Drives me nuts.

yeah that annoys the hell out of me too, enough to make me switch over to grandstand whenever he's on commentary.

I do listen to grandstand on other occasions too but most of their guys/girls on sideline commentary are just awful and painful to listen to.

GongPanther

Referee
Cant listen to David Morrow when he calls Saints games he is so biased. The lady on the sideline is annoying as well. She says something irrelevant and Wok and David just pretend nothing was said. They should replace her with someone better.

Bring back Debbie Spillane full-time on game days although I think she is doing the weekends on the ABC before noon.

She really knew her league.

Brutus

Referee
Bring back Debbie Spillane full-time on game days although I think she is doing the weekends on the ABC before noon.

She really knew her league.

She knew her league back in the day, but she gave up on the game for 15 years and you can tell she has lost it. The passion and knowledge for the game just isn't there anymore.

Brutus

Referee
Triple M coverage is so much better because you have footy people discussing footy topics and sharing footy yarns.

ABC Grandstand has a couple of real footy people mixed with media floaters (sideline eyes mainly) that are just using rugby league for their latest media gig. I don't want to hear what Shannon Byrne or Quentin Hull think about the game. They are not leaguies and will be off covering another sport tomorrow. ABC Grandstand is at it's best when the Wok, Thirsty and Hammo are in the chair.

2GB is footy people talking anything but footy.

Last edited:

Parra

Referee
Don't enjoy MMM's calls at all. These merkins cannot be in awe of everything. Too much phwoooar! in every play and not much actual calling the play. ABC for the 2nd half is a complete contrast, we can be thankful for that.

undertaker

Coach
Looks like breaking 2GB's exclusivity of the radio rights has been a good thing

http://www.mediaweek.com.au/triple-m-nrl-has-no-listeners-70-2gb-has-more-than-50000/

Triple M has issued a press release noting they have failed to something in the latest radio ratings:

In the latest official radio ratings Triple M NRL has failed to attract a single listener aged over 70 years old.

At the same time 2GB’s Continuous Call Team has cleaned up the over 70’s attracting more than 50,000 Grannies and Grand Dads

This is a result that absolutely reinforces the investment by 2GB key advertisers Twilight Aged Care and Simplicity Funerals.

Searching for any positive stories from the latest Sydney radio Survey, Triple M NRL offers these results:
• Triple M NRL now attracts 46,000 more listeners overall than 2GB’s Continuous Call Team.
• Triple M NRL’s under 50’s audience is almost 4 times that of 2GB’s Continuous Call Team. (183,000 vs 47,000)
• Triple M NRL draws almost double the number of under 70 year old listeners compared to 2GB’s Continuous Call Team. (214,000 vs 115,000)

• Triple M NRL attracts zero listeners that, by law requires a yearly medical review to drive a car.

Brutus

Referee
Triple M has been a success for footy.

Focusses on a different demographic to the GB garbage.

Parra

Referee
Proof that open radio deals are better for all involved. We might get back to the great days of multiple stations at most games. A free for all.

undertaker

Coach
Proof that open radio deals are better for all involved. We might get back to the great days of multiple stations at most games. A free for all.

I still can't believe how many years it took for the NRL to remove the 'exclusivity' of the commerical radio rights.

Brutus

Referee
Gee that Anthony Maroon likes to put shit on the game.

Woeful commentary tonight from Watmough and Maroon.

f**k off Maroon if you don't like it.

strong_latte

Juniors
Triple M, but I'm beginning to reconsider after spending the last week listen to Johns bitch and whine about the NRL deal. The bloke is just like his brother - as Singleton put it "gutless"

Latest posts