What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2GB, ABC or Triple M, who do you listen to for your league coverage?

Which radio station do you listen to for your league coverage?

• 2GB

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Triple M

Votes: 74 49.3%
  • ABC

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Don't listen to league on the radio

Votes: 10 6.7%

• Total voters

Patorick

Staff member
Love the banter on Triple M, particularly on Sunday arvos. It's all footy related which makes it so entertaining. Some of Matty Johns' stories about former players are hilarious. Paul Kent is a good fit for that show.

Leaves 2GB for dead.
Not a Bill Woods man then?

:sarcasm:

undertaker

Coach
Love the banter on Triple M, particularly on Sunday arvos. It's all footy related which makes it so entertaining. Some of Matty Johns' stories about former players are hilarious. Paul Kent is a good fit for that show.

Leaves 2GB for dead.

This.

GONZO72

Juniors
Matty Johns' story are fictitious. It's called gilding the Lilly. Not a fan of Johns. He was very lucky the rugby league world are the forgiving type, after his disgraceful behaviour all those years ago. Channel 9 did the right thing, and sacked him. His show on Channel 7 was a disaster. The worst footy show in history.

Mr Saab

Referee
Great work by the Wok. I cant stand listening to Shannon Byrne. Annoying voice and always interjects when she shouldnt.

undertaker

Coach
Great work by the Wok. I cant stand listening to Shannon Byrne. Annoying voice and always interjects when she shouldnt.

6a00e0097e4e688833015436cac5b7970c-800wi

Sorry, I can't take anyone with the name Shannon seriously.

Mr Saab

Referee
I would take her seriously if she was no so bloody annoying. She makes Fittler look like Tony Meaghey,

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
That Craig Noremburg (who used to be sports reporter on Sky News channel a few years ago) strikes me now as the blow-hard, politically correct dictator trying to appease and control HIS brand. Wouldn't want him as a boss. The punishment handed out to David Morrow last year definitely didn't meet the crime at all.

On the topic of AFL lackeys, Kelli Underwood (the woman who looks like a bush pig)...I've seen her on The Back Page. She was voted the worst AFL commentator (obtaining 40% of the vote) and after hearing this short clip, I'm so glad she isn't involved with the NRL in any way, shape or form. The executives who hire her to commentate games must be either stark deaf or tone deaf, as she somehow manages to get all these gigs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P50iJTjSUOQ

I'm all for women having media jobs in the NRL, but a prerequisite has to be that they at least know something about the game rather than just picking women for the sake of choosing a woman on the commentary team. Regarding Shannon, it doesn't help, as others have said in this thread, when the person doesn't really give a stuff about the NRL (and is more of a fan of a rival code). I pray she never gets promoted to the commentary box as a caller or colour commentator *shrugs*:shock:

Craig Noremburg used to be on skysports news years ago, I emailed him about the way he always put down the NRL when he had to mention it during the sports reports. He said he didn't mean to come across like that blah blah blah, but I found out the reason why, cause he's a vichyball fan from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back.

It's strange not hearing Warren Boland on ABC anymore up here in Queensland. I can't believe the ABC axed one of their most loyal personalities. Apparently he's bobbed on up 4BC now.

mongoose

Coach
Abc all the way. Don't mind triple m, Girds is my fave but Tallis, Sailor and Johns are dribblers.

Brutus

Referee
Does Hadley still claim the CCT as the number one in Sydney?

Because George and Paul (2ue) have once again claimed the number one slot in every hour between 9 and 2pm on Sat and Sunday.

2ue owns 2GB between 12 and 2pm :)

Hopefully Triple M will own the rest of the day down the track.

Does Hadley still claim the CCT as the number one in Sydney?

Because George and Paul (2ue) have once again claimed the number one slot in every hour between 9 and 2pm on Sat and Sunday.

2ue owns 2GB between 12 and 2pm :)

Hopefully Triple M will own the rest of the day down the track.

Nice work,happy to hear this.:)

Patorick

Staff member
Massive respect to Richard Svenson for carrying through this game (Sharks v Panthers) while losing what was left of his raspy voice.

And carrying the monotonous Andrew Ryan and the sideline guy all along the way.

Don't get me started on Declan Byrne.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
It's strange not hearing Warren Boland on ABC anymore up here in Queensland. I can't believe the ABC axed one of their most loyal personalities. Apparently he's bobbed on up 4BC now.

Didn't know the abc got rid of Boland. Poor form he was good.
Bring back Peter Wilkins the best I've heard.
A doctor probably advised him to give it away due to the possibility of a heart attack.
Always remember the " HE'S BUTCHERED IT!!!!!!" calls.

Cant listen to David Morrow when he calls Saints games he is so biased. The lady on the sideline is annoying as well. She says something irrelevant and Wok and David just pretend nothing was said. They should replace her with someone better.

FlameThrower

Bench
I've been doing some DIY stuff at home so had radio on Triple M deadset legends 9-12 Saturday most of it is ok, but Ray Warren waffles on about his landscaping mate and Freedman rants about airline issues is a bit much!
ABC 'the hit up' is good mix if sports, ABC 'grandstand' way better than 2gb.

undertaker

Coach
Craig Noremburg used to be on skysports news years ago, I emailed him about the way he always put down the NRL when he had to mention it during the sports reports. He said he didn't mean to come across like that blah blah blah, but I found out the reason why, cause he's a vichyball fan from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back.

His surname should be Nuremberg

Ausguy

Coach
Dan ginnane has to yell his commentary even when it's not exciting. Drives me nuts.

Also not descriptive enough of position on The field etc

Latest posts