What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2GB - Bad behaviour claims levelled at Eels

fish eel

Immortal
They're running the story on their news.....Parramatta club investigating claims a first grade player bite an 18 year old girl...unwanted adavances...club management unaware of incident...leagues club investigating

fish eel

Immortal
El Diablo said:
only league players

AFL players get away with anything and the media cover it up

Doesnt matter what type of coverage league players get.

If they didnt do the crimes, they papers would have nothing to write/beat up.

mickdo

Coach
fish eel said:
Doesnt matter what type of coverage league players get.

If they didnt do the crimes, they papers would have nothing to write/beat up.
Crimes? Thats a bit harsh. Plenty of these aren't crimes and yet are beaten up anyway.

fish eel

Immortal
you know what I mean, they don't muck up, there is nothing to write about.

Its about personal responsibility.

The players know what is expected of them. They know if they play up, it will get written about.

James_Hardie

Juniors
mickdo said:
Crimes? Thats a bit harsh. Plenty of these aren't crimes and yet are beaten up anyway.

Last time i checked - biting somebody, making unwanted advances (as is being alledged) wasn't exactly legal.

mickdo

Coach
James_Hardie said:
Last time i checked - biting somebody, making unwanted advances (as is being alledged) wasn't exactly legal.
I said 'plenty of these aren't crimes', not neccessarily this one. The media beats it up regardless. E.g. turning up drunk to training, where the way the media portrayed it you'd think they had been busted for DUI or something ridiculous. Wille Mason not signing his own name was almost made out as though he should be thrown in jail!

Kornstar

Coach
I am dissapointed that any male would annoy a female in any way, if you talk to someone you know when they don't want to talk to you, so why persist?

This is not directed specifically at this alleged incident as we do not know the full details, however it really dissapoints me that males act this way towards women and i think that any harrassment should be dealt with in a very strong matter to stamp it out of society.

If the alleged incident occured i hope the player is stood down, i don't care who it is!!!

fish eel

Immortal
mickdo said:
I said 'plenty of these aren't crimes', not neccessarily this one. The media beats it up regardless. E.g. turning up drunk to training, where the way the media portrayed it you'd think they had been busted for DUI or something ridiculous. Wille Mason not signing his own name was almost made out as though he should be thrown in jail!

My point being Mick...if you don't turn up drunk to training in the first instance, there is no story to beat up.

mickdo

Coach
Kornstar said:
I am dissapointed that any male would annoy a female in any way, if you talk to someone you know when they don't want to talk to you, so why persist?

This is not directed specifically at this alleged incident as we do not know the full details, however it really dissapoints me that males act this way towards women and i think that any harrassment should be dealt with in a very strong matter to stamp it out of society.

If the alleged incident occured i hope the player is stood down, i don't care who it is!!!
I'd really like to know whether these 'unwanted advances' were actually unwanted before or after the incident.

mickdo

Coach
fish eel said:
My point being Mick...if you don't turn up drunk to training in the first instance, there is no story to beat up.
I take your point, but as I said... it doesn't take a 'crime' to cause a media beat up half the time, and that was being a bit harsh.

fish eel

Immortal
mickdo said:
I take your point, but as I said... it doesn't take a 'crime' to cause a media beat up half the time, and that was being a bit harsh.

I take your point I may have been a bit loose with the word 'crimes' ;-)

Suitman

Post Whore
mickdo said:
I'd really like to know whether these 'unwanted advances' were actually unwanted before or after the incident.

"Lisa" made it very clear on the radio interview that she made it clear from the beginning. The advances were made over several hours.

Suity

mickdo

Coach
Suitman said:
"Lisa" made it very clear on the radio interview that she made it clear from the beginning. The advances were made over several hours.

Suity
Well, I guess we will see

Kornstar

Coach
mickdo said:

Perfect example was that whole sausage roll on a bus at 7am incident, i cannot believe the attention that got.

Suitman

Post Whore
Just a side note:

The story led the 1.00 pm news on 2GB.
On the 3.00 pm news, it didn't rate a mention.

I think that says it all.

Geez, that station is crap.

Suity

Latest posts