What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2GB: Johns gets downgrade

nqboy

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
Cowboys in townsville are hard to beat regardless of their form.
Nice try Locky but it doesn't stand up to scrutiny. The Dogs didn't find us too hard to beat in Townsville in our last start there. As for the proving themselves talk, it's just that. With the exception of the Broncos game, we've played like busted arses for two months or more.

Saturday night at DFS shapes as a cripple fight.

innsaneink said:
My sentiments too, Frank.

Unfortunately, my opinion and respect for "the greatest rugby league player in the world" has nose dived. At one time I held him in quite high regard for someone I'd never met. Not any more.

Great player....but a dead sh*t of a person. Im sure Im not alone here.

You're not. My sentiments exactly.

Rexxy

Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexxy
What about the stuff the Panel was NOT allowed to see?

Funny how Nine can release footage of Trent Barrett when unasked, but can hold back damning footage of their Star, effectively stopping him from being censored and charged under more serious allegations (see link)

I begrudgingly admire the lop faced Manager Fordham. This is far more potentially damaging than cash for comment, yet not a word is heard.

Added to this an incident involving an NRL Director, and Rugby League is under challenge
Will sponsors slowly dribble off to soccer.

And if league returns to being a rump sport played in one and a half cap cities, we can blame the vested interests that got fat, and powerful, because the League is run by men behaving like monkeys at a salad bar.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/wh...407885883.html

dubby

Bench
What a joke.

One A Johns has proven that there are favourites at the NRL and those who are not.

I cannot stand this guy. His attitude towards officials and even towards his own team mates is pathetic. He gets away with it because the media, in particular CH9 have driven up his status as apparent no1 player in the game.

Well excuse me, I thought the best player would have to contribute some sort of sportsmanship to the game, not carry on a like total fool whenever things didnt go his way.

Andrew Johns is a poor role model and a bad example of a player. The consequences of this are going to be great.

As for the Knights fans rejoicing in glee that the only wheel in their machine that works is returning; I hope some of you can accept the fact that Johns is a sook and a child.

Gene Krupa

Referee
lockyno1 said:
Cowboys in townsville are hard to beat regardless of their form. They will be out to prove themselves. I'd much rather fancy the Cowboys than you guys minus Joey. And if you put Kurt Kidley at halfback you are screwed anyway (I haven't see the team yet)! Panthers are tough to beat, especially when they are underdogs.

Tough to beat? This is the same team that had everything to play for last week and the week before and got hammered by the Roosters and beat by souths?

Turn it up!

Gene Krupa

Referee
dubby said:
What a joke.

One A Johns has proven that there are favourites at the NRL and those who are not.

I cannot stand this guy. His attitude towards officials and even towards his own team mates is pathetic. He gets away with it because the media, in particular CH9 have driven up his status as apparent no1 player in the game.

Well excuse me, I thought the best player would have to contribute some sort of sportsmanship to the game, not carry on a like total fool whenever things didnt go his way.

Andrew Johns is a poor role model and a bad example of a player. The consequences of this are going to be great.

As for the Knights fans rejoicing in glee that the only wheel in their machine that works is returning; I hope some of you can accept the fact that Johns is a sook and a child.

f**k the fall that the Raiders fans are going to take from their high horses are going to break some bones.

Faiders fans having a go at Joey, when they've revered Simon Woolford, the filthiest, most petulant mouth ever to run on a football field, for years, is a bit rich. Compared to sourpuss Woolford, Joey is a saint!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Gene Krupa said:
Tough to beat? This is the same team that had everything to play for last week and the week before and got hammered by the Roosters and beat by souths?

Turn it up!

Roosters are playing well mate and Souths have Peachey now and are a much better team with him. Cowboys at home, are tough to beat regardless of form.

Gene Krupa

Referee
lockyno1 said:
Roosters are playing well mate and Souths have Peachey now and are a much better team with him. Cowboys at home, are tough to beat regardless of form.

Fack you're a moron! Panthers are sh!t atm and the Cowboys have been dreadful at home! Go fly your private jet to LA or something!

mxlegend99

Referee
Anyone in this thread who has a problem with a bit of swearing and not with what Tallis did... please leave the thread. No need for biased opinions and using any chance you can to bash a player.

To put this into perspective... Joey lost his temper and swore at an official that made the wrong call. This is football. Players swear all the time. Players have sworn at officials before. And will in the future. No one was hurt. No one was ever in danger of being hurt.

It's not like he threw an object at someone while being drunk that could've injured or killed someone.

Y2Eel

First Grade
I just watched the manly newcaslte game again you could see for most of the game joey was going to explode at the ref... He had a shocker of a game most players would have blown thier top after it culminated with the knock on at the end...

nqboy

First Grade
mxlegend99 said:
Anyone in this thread who has a problem with a bit of swearing and not with what Tallis did... please leave the thread. No need for biased opinions and using any chance you can to bash a player.
Where's that tumbleweed icon when you need it?

Latest posts